Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:08:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: No Rot Bot  (Read 9259 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:15:24 am »

With everyone selling loot rights to rots, seems that we don't need any rot bots in any zones anymore, or dragon class armor either.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:18:29 am »

wow

It's working as is with rot and DC... not everyone sells every piece that drops.

Nor do they have the PP some of the items go for..

Please leave it as is at least..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:02 am »

With everyone selling loot rights to rots, seems that we don't need any rot bots in any zones anymore, or dragon class armor either.

Even with people selling and dragon/class drops, I am still missing T2 bracers on my mage.

Don't know why you throw a blanket statement out like this. Isn't T1 the only place with a rot bot? If anything, I would love to see, at minimum, Qvic getting a rot bot. Seems lately that you want to further prolong an already long upgrade process.
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:20:37 am »

The rot bot helps people who do not have the money to purchase drops from others.  I don't see why the little guy should be punished.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:37 am »

I've been farming t2 for about a week now and still needing wrists legs and bp if you taking away dc from t2 people would never finish... I know i can clear this alot faster then most being full t3 with 4.0s i think that is a really bad idea

If anything let rot bot in pod work with t2 as well... would cut down on selling
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:31:04 am by Thebone » Logged

Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:03 am »

And you hinted recently at a possible rot bot for t4 along with a dragon class type drop.  I'd plead with you to consider this at some point, even if it is after T5 comes out.   It would be a wonderful boon to progression, even if it required 4 rots per exchange.

I don't know why people exchanging platinum for drops is something that you would consider negative, seeing as how you were thrilled as the usage of plat created an economy on the server when instances went in.

I wouldn't understand this change.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:42:47 am by Crawford » Logged
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:32:42 am »

Getting rid of one or both is a bad idea. Especially with the farming it takes to spawn a boss and you have no idea as to what boss you're going to get. If bosses weren't random spawns then maybe no rot bot or DC could work.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 11:45:18 am »

I am not sure what motivates those selling loot rights.  I can only speak from the perspective of the small T2 guild and we just don't do it unless it's a very common drop that every single twink already has or... hasn't completed QVIC yet and can't zone in.

What I do know for certain is we use the POD rot bot often to bring alts up to speed to survive T2... with the eventual goal of actually having the pixels to zone into and engage a single mob in T3.  We do not purchase the items we wear so it's a very long and painful process, but it's the path we have chosen and we deal with it.

Just my tupence in the hope that selling gear rights doesn't earn the nerf stick for others attempting to slog their way through.  Additionally, that selling just seems to be a part of the normal economy to me.  Some may want a leg up on T2 while others choose the more painful route.

I'll go a step further and suggest a rot bot for T2 as well.  The process of taking down tier equal mobs is painful, but rewarding.  The fact that they drop necro, enc, shaman etc.. gear makes it less palatable.  With the rot bot option we at least have some progress on successful kills.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 12:24:55 pm »

Wow the panic attacks. I didn't change anything.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 12:26:32 pm »

I could see getting rid of rot. Getting rid of Dragon Class armor would be awful though.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »

If you wanted to get rid of the rot bot you should consider making spawns for chests and minis in T1 more common. It takes long enough to farm crystals in T1 let alone getting the right drops. T2 is at least faster as far as these things go. I wouldn't even consider getting rid of DC armor.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 04:20:09 pm »

i get full of crystals and have a ton rotting while i wait for the tikis to respawn =/

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:31:25 pm »

Bet if I was awake when he posted this I would have paniced as well.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 03:43:36 am »

Vincenso

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 11:36:17 am »

I am a very casual player who is working my way through qvic/tacvi right now.... I have a 5 box and I cant even guess how many times I have ran through Qvic and I am still missing armor pieces on 3 of my 5 toons...   If it gets worse the farther I go I cant imagine continuing to progress.

I was excited to hear there is a rot bot in podragons... Gives me some hope that it wont take months for me to progress through it like qvic has.

If that was to change I would probably not play any longer.

Hell, I wish a rot bot was in QVIC, I was considering picking up one more char for a full group and the idea of running through Qvic 50 more times just to get him his armor depresses me greatly Wink
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 207