Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 11:02:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 01 09 11  (Read 16344 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2011, 04:07:11 am »

Updating source code today.

Bird Baths are removed.
Augmentation Sealer NPC now sells an Augmentation Sealer Bag.
Augmentation Sealer NPC no longer spams text when walking near by him.

Hopefully the Augmentation Sealer Bag will prevent any further item loss when combine/removing augments. If anything weird (bad) happens with this new process, please take videos and screenshots so the developers can figure out what is happening. Loss of items should be at 0.0% now.

There is a small defect with the augmentation code currently.

If you get hit by lag as you are augmenting, you could see a "Duplicate Lore Item deleted" message and it would appear that your items were just destroyed.  If you zone / camp after you get this and log back in you will instead note that you have all the items you are supposed to.  Right now this appears to be an annoyance rather than something that will cause you to lose items.

A fix has been posted to eqemu waiting developer review.

It is -highly- suggested that if you get this message you zone / camp without doing other actions as your client is confused as to where things are in your inventory.  It could lead you to think you are destroying an augment you do not care about when you are actually destroying your tiered armor. 

Note:  This is only the case if you get this message.  If you did not get this message then everything is as it should be.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:27:45 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Balthor2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:09:18 am »

Just back from afk to catch this very awesome update.
I am sure many people will be thrilled when they see this.
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:24:10 am »

Brilliant!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:41:55 am »

This update with Aug Sealer is due to one of our EZ Server players pushing for this code to go through. He worked on the code with the devs from eqemulator.net to get it into the main source code.

Thanks!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 09:37:50 am »

Assuming you updated to the latest code, this also includes a fix for excess haste lowering your proc chances when your weapon speed is capped.
Ponder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 09:38:01 am »

Whoohoo!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:31 am »

Yeah, latest source as of today.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
vpisu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:00 am »

No video (did not read this forum before guildmates told me of the change) but removed 1k hp aug from T2 warrior gloves in order to make my T3.  Aug is removed fine, gloves are deleted with a system message of "Duplicate Lore Item deleted".  Combine was attempted in fighter's guild immediately after purchasing the sealer, and I had a stack of 100 Class XVIII augment distiller's in my inventory.  

(EDIT for additional)

Aug was put in bag, I zoned.  Upon zoning aug was on my cursor, gloves were in my inventory.  Little odd :p

Corniul
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:21:11 am by vpisu » Logged
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

There is a small defect with the augmentation code currently.

If you get hit by lag as you are augmenting, you could see a "Duplicate Lore Item deleted" message and it would appear that your items were just destroyed.  If you zone / camp after you get this and log back in you will instead note that you have all the items you are supposed to.  Right now this appears to be an annoyance rather than something that will cause you to lose items.

A fix has been posted to eqemu waiting developer review.

It is -highly- suggested that if you get this message you zone / camp without doing other actions as your client is confused as to where things are in your inventory.  It could lead you to think you are destroying an augment you do not care about when you are actually destroying your tiered armor. 

Note:  This is only the case if you get this message.  If you did not get this message then everything is as it should be.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:45:30 pm by L0stman » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:50 pm »

Thanks, I'll re-update the source code soon as its fixed + have time.

No refunds if you accidently delete an armor you thought was something else. I'm only one person and don't have time to research hundreds of players claiming they lost armor. If you get the lore message, just zone or camp to see your items. Don't delete items directly after seeing that message cause there will be no refunds.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

this actually happened to me once a while ago in the bird bath. I didn't bother reporting it since it said no refunds and i was dumb enough to delete the extra lore item.
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:38 am »

Assuming you updated to the latest code, this also includes a fix for excess haste lowering your proc chances when your weapon speed is capped.

Yeah, latest source as of today.

Does this mean we can now keep haste on Pally's and they'll still proc like they should?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 10:04:38 am »

I missed so much during my absence. Glad to see all the new stuff going in. Great work guys. Another reason why EZ Server is the best !

I actually missed you guys haha !
Balthor2
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 10:15:43 am »

several quick parses (200sec x 10 runs) shows haste does NOT hurt proc rate for my guys.
I will be removing haste buffs from my blockbuffs.

Ran 2 parses with zero buffs to compare to previous base line parses and to calculate my 'average total proc over 3min' then did 8 parses with haste buffs. 2 2 4 (FG buffbot, Enc Epic Buff, Enc Ancient Spell)

No I am not going to sit there and run it for 30min or more since last time I did that GamParse had a buffer overflow and crashed on me.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:34 am »

any way to get gamparse to report spell damage? For some reason I am only seeing melee damage and wizards are not showing any damage.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)