Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:45:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Penultimate Charm  (Read 22368 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:54:33 pm »

This is an idea I had..

Why not allow combining of 2 charms in the Magic Box (say Oracle level 10 and Sorcers level 20) to form a kind of "penultimate charm"?

Then when you got a new charm upgrade (say Oracle) you'd combine that with your PC and it would upgrade the Oracle level.

When you got to HoH upgrades it would be a bit trickier.. probably have to de-combine them, upgrade the one you want, then recombine... but I think it would be doable (?)

I think this would provide a good upgrade for players (like moi) who never intend to get UC, and would even provide upgrades along the way even if you do plan to go for UC.  (Currently if you have Oracle 50 and Sorcer 50 you have to switch between them - this would allow you to have the benefits of both while at the same time working on your other charms..)

What do you all think?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:47 pm »

No get the UC

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Aname
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:28 pm »

I think the UC is a reward for a lot of very long grinding and if you want the benefits of more than one charm, you should work to get your UC.  JMO.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »

Nah, this wouldn't take anything away from those who grinded (or $purchased) the UC.  They still get the benefits of all 4 charms and all the HP/mana (lol mana j/k) of that.

This would give you some upgrades while you are doing UC too.  Doesn't take away anything.

Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:15:00 pm »

Working as intended
Aname
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:15:16 pm »

No one said it takes anything away from those who farmed it.  I just don't think you should get the benefit unless you do the work for the UC.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 05:17:22 pm »

Nah, this wouldn't take anything away from those who grinded (or $purchased) the UC.  They still get the benefits of all 4 charms and all the HP/mana (lol mana j/k) of that.

This would give you some upgrades while you are doing UC too.  Doesn't take away anything.
Is it grinded or ground?
/grammarnazi off

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »

I think a halfway to UC charm would be cool..like a superior charm lvl 25..combine all your 25's into 25 SC.

But then ya get into the whole "what to do with the HoH upgrades." thing. Just no real good solution for that. Just not worth Hunters time i don't think with all that he's got going.
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

Why not being able to combine the (complete) Lv 50 charms as you get them. Say your a pally and got your lv 50 oracle and a lv 50 sorcer can combine them and get benifits of those as you work on guardian or brawlers.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:56 pm »

not a bad idea really.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:43:08 pm »

the charms themselves have +'s
Just farm the UC HoH is the easy part.. if you did LDON.. you got it made... 1600 or less kills

The point of the UC is to grind 4 charms to 50 to use the "abilities" of them together..

-Hate"
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50:20 pm »

Yes and you wouldn't get the benefit of all 4 unless you got the UC.   This would likely be limited to 2 charms combined, since doing more would exponentially increase the recipies needed...

You also could/would probably have to limit this to level 25 charms, since probably creating all the recipies for combine/uncombine for the HoH upgrades would be a pretty big task.

I know Hunter's got a lot on his plate with Tier 5 and probably a few other things right now, didn't expect it overnight... just thought it was kinda cool idea...

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:30 pm »

While he is at it he can just give you the 79k hp item and all of T4 armor..

If you want the effects of 2 or all ... grind it..

If you don't desire to grind pick your evil and choose a charm and roll with it..

The intentions wasn't to "help you" unless you put in the effort to do all 4...

It isn't that hard almost done with my 3rd and half of a 4th...

-Hate"
Aname
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 07:10:22 pm »

Even though the server is called EZ, I don't think everything should be easy.  Work for your Ultimate Charm or don't.  Giving you something for half the work is a joke.  You can do the grind in less than two weeks if you're serious about getting the UC.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:31:13 pm »

Even though the server is called EZ, I don't think everything should be easy.  Work for your Ultimate Charm or don't.  Giving you something for half the work is a joke.  You can do the grind in less than two weeks if you're serious about getting the UC.
We've said in the past, even though its "EZ", its not always easy. Think of the EZ as the prefix like...VZ/TZ server. It's just EZ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 306