Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:14:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Pet Class Changes + Bonus Enchanter change!  (Read 18012 times)
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:51 am »

Any ETA on new spell file's.
Hoping to use my chanter and mage after this
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 08:38:12 am »

Any ETA on new spell file's.
Hoping to use my chanter and mage after this

I just uploaded a new one.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 09:23:16 am »

Secrets, just peeping inside the spells file - is it normal that the spell has zero range?

Either way, I'll try it as soon as I'm done working.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 09:58:48 am »

Spell is still not working Secrets ,it says "target is out of range and when i target myself i resist it"
Thats with the spell file  spells_us_012811
Hope its an easy fix Smiley
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:30 am »

I think it has to do with the zero range still in the spell file - the only creature ever at 0 range is you :-)

So it's still the issue I described earlier. Also, if a PC can resist it, does it mean it's resistable (and therefore useless in any post-pod environment)?

Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 10:43:19 am »

I was able to crash our guild HoH instance 3 times this morning.  First time was from the first avatar I engaged.  Instant zone crash.  I suspected Enchanter Arm, so after logging back in I went thru 3 avatar kills, no EA, no crash.  Next avatar I cast EA halfway thru fight... instant zone crash. (confirming zone crash by an idle guild member in zone also getting booted.
I went and downloaded latest spell file in case that was related... 3rd fight, still crashed zone the moment I cast EA.

I know Clev wants enchanters to be more powerful, but this is going too far.  Undecided

Skorp
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:49:17 am by Skorp » Logged
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:22 am »

for enchanting defenders, please add range to the spell. Also check t3/t4 - It says effect doppelganger min 3, but I believe that should be 4 (t2 also has same effect min 3).

Enchanter's arm issue sounds serverside - don't think a spells file could nuke a zone all by itself.

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:56 am »

I was able to crash our guild HoH instance 3 times this morning.  First time was from the first avatar I engaged.  Instant zone crash.  I suspected Enchanter Arm, so after logging back in I went thru 3 avatar kills, no EA, no crash.  Next avatar I cast EA halfway thru fight... instant zone crash. (confirming zone crash by an idle guild member in zone also getting booted.
I went and downloaded latest spell file in case that was related... 3rd fight, still crashed zone the moment I cast EA.

I know Clev wants enchanters to be more powerful, but this is going too far.  Undecided

Skorp

Going to ask Hunter to do an emergency reboot to fix this. I've identified the issue (oddly enough, it shouldn't be crashing but it is.) it's related to me not reverting the Enchanter's Arm spell properly.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 02:44:19 pm »

Have you also taken a look at what's buggy with the enchanting defender line? If I can be of assistance in any way, let me know (I've just gotten my hands on the Null spell file editor, and already have a few ideas on where it's going wrong).

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

Have you also taken a look at what's buggy with the enchanting defender line? If I can be of assistance in any way, let me know (I've just gotten my hands on the Null spell file editor, and already have a few ideas on where it's going wrong).

I already fixed that too, pending reboot.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 12:29:40 am »

I wondered if thats what caused me to crash this morning!  I went to cast the arm spell as soon as it lands boom ld.  Instead of the usual 2-3 toons going ld during t4 fights it was all of them at same time.  Thats really weird.  I didnt want to say something until someone else brought it up for fear of ridicule.  Sad

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 05:38:24 am »

Then do we need a new spell file? Range is still set to zero, like previously indicated.
Also, enchanter's arm now seems to have an unknown duration and poofs almost as soon as it's cast.

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 06:05:01 am »

Then do we need a new spell file? Range is still set to zero, like previously indicated.
Also, enchanter's arm now seems to have an unknown duration and poofs almost as soon as it's cast.

You will need a new spellfile. Enchanter's arm is SUPPOSED to have a fixed duration. If it doesn't, I will fix it.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 06:08:16 am »

You will need a new spellfile. Enchanter's arm is SUPPOSED to have a fixed duration. If it doesn't, I will fix it.

New spellfile is up. See if it fixes the enchanter's arm line and the enchanting defender. It's fixed on the server, just you need to fix it on your client.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 06:17:14 am »

With yesterdays spellfile, Enchanters Arm had the 9000pt rune in the mq2 details.  It also had "Duration: Unknown".  After todays spellfile, the details have reverted back to the original Enchanters Arm spell(15% increase multiplier), with it still displaying "Duration: Unknown".

Also, Enchanting Defender says when cast "Spell would not have taken hold on target" and requires that I target something to cast it.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print