Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:16:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Regardin LDoN...  (Read 21724 times)
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 06:23:12 pm »

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Its just a game dude, you don't have to take it that seriously.
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »

I dunno if someone/everyone's attempting to hijack the topic, but...

My point was never about any problems with the rule itself. The rule's OK. 10 max. Great. Problem is that there's folks who seem to be completely drunken in power with the idea that they could get other people banned. This is not survival island guys; you're not going to win 500,000 dollars if you're the last unbanned person on the server.

Least far as I know of.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:28:40 pm by Curry » Logged
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:32:37 pm »

The 10 rule is fine, just sometimes things happen with pathing, respawns, whatever and its getting annoying listening to people instantly jump to oh I fraps you doing that and am sending it in to have you banned when you had no idea you even had that many.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »

From my personal experience... the reason I became so bitter about LDoN and stray as far from it as I can is because I once decided to go afk at the entrance to an LDoN 2 instance.

When I got back from afk, someone had their warrior with auto attack on the teleporter dude while he was pulling the entire zone with his paladin. I know for a fact this was happening due to not only the massive pile of bodies at his feet, but because I got not 1, not 2, not 3, but 6 videos of this guy doing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over while I was standing right in front of him. Each time I would /tell him something along the lines of "hey, I'm standing right here guy. The rule states 10 mobs and I'm not a stickler if you pull 15-20 but blatantly pulling the whole zone right in front of me and knowing someone is in the zone is a bad idea."

No response for the first 5 vids. 6th is where I finally get a rude response from him... basically blowing me off and claiming he could do it just because he had the ability to. After that, he was conveniently "finished" with the zone and quickly left. Got the vids, got angry, saved the vids in case he would piss me off in the future or try it again.

A few days later, same guy, same activity. Got the vids, confronted the guy again. He acted even MORE rudely towards me, calling me a no-life/wannabe cop/whatever else is the typical response from someone who thinks they're above getting in trouble. Yup. Final straw.

Sent some of the videos in from both encounters and awaited a response from Hunter. Took a few days, but when I heard back from Hunter, he said "(RuleBreaker1098723534) has been suspended for a week. Take a vid if he does it again and he'll get perma-banned."

A WEEK? After several vids (and several DAYS) of this guy just stomping around, unconcerned with ANYONE else in the zone, pulling anything available on the map, he got off with a week suspension. And THEN, when he gets back on, he starts a rant in /ooc claiming how the "wannabe police" of the server are ruining it and calls me out a couple times telling everyone to watch out for me because I'm a fraps whore. But as far as I know, he's still playing, and probably still doing the same exact thing. If I wasn't done with LDoN... I'd probably catch him at it again.

THAT is why I can't stand LDoN anymore. I also can't stand people bitching about it when Hunter has, on numerous occasions, explicitly instructed the players of this server to provide evidence when players are breaking rules. Calling people like me who got screwed over while trying to play "assholes," "wannabe police," "fraps whores," or anything else you can think of, is just telling us that you disagree with Hunter's rules, and his requests for us to police ourselves.

Yes, I'm a bit bitter about it now, and it's given me all the fuel I need to have an itchy trigger finger for the fraps button. Since then, I've actually let a lot of people go because they went about it the right way and would at least apologize for it or reason with me instead of mock and insult me.

There's a huge difference between pulling 11-15 mobs once in a while and pulling an entire zone repeatedly while people are in it.

Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »

Looks like it may be time to add guild instances to LDoN, seems like that would solve everyone's problem.

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 08:35:24 pm »

Which is why you were in public Ldon6 last night with your entire posse making huge trains...

Rainbow warriors just needs to leave. I am sick of the entire guild of you fools, you comment on reed and the possibility that he and his crew were pulling ldon train???

What F'ing business is it of yours? These comments from Rainbow warriors are the same stupid a$$ comments as telling me i am a selfish Jerk for asking a price on stuff i kill. Take a hike off the server Rainbow, before some oof us make it our mission (ME) t0 catch you doing stuff wrong.

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 09:42:12 pm »

Lol, the guild is just me.  Its only my toons.

And I just find it funny Reed would say anything about not making trains in Ldon pub zones when I open my map in Ldon6 pub and hes training 30 mobs to balrog...I could care less, I just went to instance1 and did my own thing.  I just find it funny is all Smiley
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:44:09 pm by jew_nose_it » Logged

Owner of Herpp, Herpderpp, Heinzz, Djay, Eyelike, and Durkadurkaa

Leader of <Rainbow Warriors>!!!!!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20:03 pm »

Lol, the guild is just me.  Its only my toons.

And I just find it funny Reed would say anything about not making trains in Ldon pub zones when I open my map in Ldon6 pub and hes training 30 mobs to balrog...I could care less, I just went to instance1 and did my own thing.  I just find it funny is all Smiley

The thing you neglect to mention is the fact I had 6 toons in zone, and I was THE ONLY PERSON in zone at the time. You zoned in without me knowing. Shame on me for not /who'ing more often. I'll take a hit for that. My bad
Also, if you had sent a tell like "hey bud, im in zone and see you training mobs. Mind letting me get a few in there too?" I would have been cool with it and responded as such. "My bad buddy, didn't know you were in LDoN. Sure I'll take Balrog or Chaos, you take other". Im  not above negotiating and splitting up a zone.
Instead you kinda make snarky remarks and left it like that.
There was two people i noticed in zone though shortly after our little encounter. War and Druid. I sent a tell seeing what they needed or if they were just charm farming. They needed Chaos and Balrog pages, I helped them get what they needed, he thanked me, and we went our seperate ways.
So i would appreciate you not trying to make me sound like such a selfish and inconsiderate person. I just have a horrible temper

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 10:17:26 am »

Maybe you didn't notice but there was another group of toons in there too.  Unless you have toons in <Children of Tunare> or w/e that guild is called.  They were in the section before the Balrog/Chaos split, and you were in the section by Balrog.

Once again I don't really care, I am just trying to be snarky and catch you in a half truth.  QQ about it more when you say shit in /ooc about me and post shit on SoD forums like a creeper.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:10 am »

QQ about it more

Kettle calling the pot black?

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 11:21:33 am »

I am well aware that I am a pot kettle.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 11:29:17 am »

You may want to chill a bit, you seem to be trying to pick fights for very little and trivial reasons. It is not the reputation you want.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »

You may want to chill a bit, you seem to be trying to pick fights for very little and trivial reasons. It is not the reputation you want.

Jew_Nose_It already has a horrible reputation on Shards of Dalaya. He is used to this. I guess he came here thinking he could reinvent himself as an elitest.

Not trying to pick fights with you Driizz (Shards name), just happened to find you here when I came back. Posted it asking if it was you. Now you're all butt hurt, and im not going to play childish games with you.

Get as defensive as you like, I've carved my little reputation here. Maybe not the best in the world, but sure isnt one like you're making yourself now. I'm only known for raging and blowing up guilds and being generally hard on people. But most older players know I am willing to help  on any occassion or back them up on something that is fucked up.

You're becoming known as a total tool who complains about everything and ruins the experience people are having. Grow up or get out of here, we don't need any more drama.

*P.S.* I tried to be friendly with you after the tells you sent me. Kinda let the SoD thing be water under the bridge, but you have quite some fixation on it and won't let it go. So yeah...

*P.S.S* In case someone may have a shadow of doubt on my explanation here you can read exactly what i wrote and posted. My forum name here is Luccian, as it was my character here when I played. I was banned several years ago on that char though.

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=22810&page=2

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:57 pm »

Idk where you got the impression I was trying to be an elitist if anything I feel like I'm more the opposite.  As for drama, I just hate dealing with stupid people, and people who BS constantly.  And yeah I'm annoyed that I came to this server, and was completely minding my own business, trying to help people out when I can and you have to come back from your break and are like "hey guys this guy was supposedly an asshole on another eqemu even though I never played with him at all and know nothing about him except that he likes to troll the forums a lot".  

Anyways thanks dude, I appreciate your help. I am a lot different in game than I behave on the forums.

Oh and I am totally chill xiggie I am just responding to my good friend Luccian in a mature and calm manner.  If you wanna talk to me anymore Luccian send me a PM for real.

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:11 am »

Jew_nose_it .... Making a great name for yourself here already huh? hmm, those words posted by Reed sound awfuly familiar to me. Maybe because i said the same thing. Take a hike bro, your criticism in ooc and your flames about what people try to sell and your attitude as a whole is not welcome.

-Lightblade (if I could PVP your entire guild from one toon, I would!!!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)