Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:26:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Regardin LDoN...  (Read 21622 times)
Curry

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 04:06:19 am »

Dear LDoN policemen,

shuddup already.

Srsly, wtf.
The rule is no 10+ pulls, yes. The point is you don't pull the entire zone and monopolize the entire instance/zone; that's good. I respect this rule, I keep the pulls around the 8 mobs range. But when every 50th pull, when the planets are aligned, by some respawn happening on the path or whatever else I get an 11th mob, STOP EFFING SHOUTING OR TELLING "LUL I GOT FRAPS OF THAT 10+ PULL U R BANNED IMMEDIATELY WHEN I SENDZ THIS HO HO HO HO HO".

[Offtopic since I forgot about this post and continued without reading!]
Speaking of which, someone saying one curse word in OOC does not irredeemably taint anyone's virgin eyes and turn them into smelly communists. There's a filter in options if you don't wanna see any of that. Spamming OOC is another thing of course (regarding recent events! (/bye Nik, thanks for the sup lightstones! Wish you could gimme them guild kits I camped for ya back omigosh!)).
[/Offtopic since I forgot about this post and continued without reading!]

And by no means am I in charge or anything and have little call over this. If the boss man thinks different, so be it. This is moreso a vent of rage at the random SKs and paladins that QQ in shout/tell about the warrior doing his thing in the same instance instead of - OH HERE'S AN IDEA CHAPS - communicating and splitting the zone between one another.

Seriously, the rule is good and all since it gives others a chance. But staring at the other guy the entire time trying desperately to see a single weeny mob over the limit is ridiculous. Get a life.

EZ has a good system with the members policing themselves and all that, but I just see these types as hopeless nimrods who have some unnecessary ugre to powertrip by any means possible, resulting in these irritating attempts to make a huge deal out of the most trivial things.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:14:33 am by Curry » Logged
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 05:45:01 am »

Dibs on the charname "Nimrod"

Thanks.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:52:38 am »

Great post Curry, couldn't agree more. It's almost like people now log on just to track how many mobs someone has.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:22:46 pm »

If you're doing LDoN's enough, it's not that hard to remember which rooms are bigger and should be left at 1 pull & which are small enough to combine some other mobs with.  I've had to deal wtih some idiots that saw a lot of dead mobs and assumed that I was training.  Rather than talk to me they took it to public (THANKS FEARMONGERS!)  If they want to fraps that, go ahead, though I'm guessing Hunter has better things to do with his time.

Bottom line is Hunter's word.  I believe that he states that if he gets a video with you with 11 mobs, he may consider the situation, but yeah.. that could very well be enough.

As for sharing a zone, most people are fine with that if you talk to them.  Don't just stand there with your hands on your hips getting all huffy.  Communication should be the first thing used to resolve things, not fraps, /ooc, etc.
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »

Gawd I'm so glad I'm on european time zone.

Barely any issues of such kind (unless stay up playing too late and the USA folks log on en masse!)
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

Lets make it simple for those of you that need it:

Hunter posts the rules...you a) follow them or b) dont

We the players police the server we then show Hunter fraps, Hunter then handles the judgement/punishment.

End of story... You dont come to forums to justify the reason you broke the rules.

I understand you sometimes will end up with more mobs than you expected...Hunter will see the fraps its up to him.

The language issue...Hunter dont want to see the bad language you dont get to use it simple as that............Once again thats how it is,  an SS of your bad language sent to Hunter or posted on forums is all it takes.... Watch what you say.. I have 3 kids all of which play on EZ server from time to time.. I will send you a tell if you are using bad language and ask you to stop and let you know the rules just in case. Where it goes from there is up to you..

PS my main Asharx got ooc/auc/tell revoked for saying "midget pr0n" in ooc the other night.  It happens.

chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

There are a lot of good points in this thread. Ashar is right-on about the rules, and Curry is right about the general attitude of the server.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

It may be hard to understand, but both sides of this issues are correct.  Follow the rules, or suffer the consequences.  We, the players, must police our server to ensure quality and maintain standards that keep EZ enjoyable. 

But there has got be a line drawn where the "police" are just plain harassing people, as opposed to benefiting the server. 

I think in some delusional mindset, some people enjoy being the tattletale and feel like they are justified in harassing people.  Honestly, the rules are there for a reason, and we all know that. 
We know it's to ensure a fair, and level, playing field and to keep our server clean of "trash" in many forms. 

But seriously, 11 mobs and people jump all over it?  How many hours do some of us log on EZ?  5 hours a day?  8 hours?  30 hours a week?  Gosh, I can't imagine accomplishing UC, or whatever else we do all day, without making a single, accidental, mindless mistake, of the likes of pulling an extra mob or two.  It happens and I think is completely fair to understand.  Expecting people to count each and every mob every single time they clear a room in LDoN is a bit ludicrous.  If it looks like 10, then it's 10.  If it looks like 30, then it's probably 30.  We can't expect everyone to be perfect, all the time.  I think we would all benefit from allowing people to have the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not suggesting allowing excessive rule-breakers free range to do what they want, but give some people a break. 

Honestly, all these unnecessary issues are wasting Hunter's time.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see rule-breakers pay the price.  Especially in regards to foul language (in mediation, of course).  But seriously, can we cut some slack and have some fun and learn to communicate like adults?  If you have to follow someone for an hour and a half just so you can FRAPS them for pulling 11 mobs, in all likelihood on accident, then I think you are the kind of player I'd rather not have on the server, as opposed to the one who made a mistake.  I mean, seriously, the rule was placed to ensure fairness (and zone-stability).  Are you really that upset over 1 mob (or hell, 5 for that matter) that you feel justified?

I don't normally jump out and voice an opinion on such subjects, but I have to say that if we can't all play nice together, then we need to find a nice, quiet, single player game to play and we only have ourselves to be upset at if we think something isn't fair.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

The reason most people do the tell/shout "thanks for the fraps" its faster and gets to the point quicker. Usually if you send a tell to a person pulling just over 10, all you get back is attitude and drama. (and by tell I mean something like "hey mind keeping your pulls to 10 please other people are in the zone" ) Totally depends on the person though. If I recognize a guild tag of an upstanding guild I shoot them a tell first. If I recognize a guild tag from guilds known for crap I either jump to a different instance or will just leave altogether.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 01:23:38 am »

Sadly you'll get the haters no matter what.
I don't like the 10+ mob pull rule, but I will follow it to a "T" when people are around. If I am in a zone all by my lonesome, and its just me, only me, and nobody but me.... Better believe I am crashing my client with all the mobs I have on me.
The difference is situation, and jealous other classes.
Warriors will always get hated because of AoE dmg... paladins will get hated for group heals.... SKs will get hated for their lifetap
It happens
Follow the rules while you are in public, and use discretion when alone is the best policy
We all know OOC is public, so don't be talking about anything you wouldn't openly say in front of children without second guessing yourself. If you are in a guild only instance and shouting about the hooker you were with last night, no harm done (if its a mature/ adult oriented guild).

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

Which is why you were in public Ldon6 last night with your entire posse making huge trains...

Owner of Herpp, Herpderpp, Heinzz, Djay, Eyelike, and Durkadurkaa

Leader of <Rainbow Warriors>!!!!!
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 01:40:54 pm »

God i hate Ldon.I hate all the so called leet players who think its there right to pull as many as they want because they can and there uber and have duel 3's or higher.And then i come on here and there moaning because people are fed up with them and are going to fraps them.Maybe if you aim to pull eight mobs then u wont actually go over the ten mob limit.ten mobs is the Limit not a target .Try and look at it from the lowbie player who has spent near on 2 hours trying to get 4 kings chest cards  because he cant get a mob to kill because someone makes a mistake and pulls to many mobs over and over again.
As for the ooc bad language my kids play on this server but i try to keep an eye on whats going on if the language does get to bad i will tell them to turn the game off.But seriously they hear more on the TV than whats said in ooc on here most times.
The game should be fun for everyone not just the leet gamers who are working on UC's .
And no its not QQ its just an opinion .
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:47:08 pm »

Think of this as if all our toons are cars. We can modify em daily and the entire purpose is just to see who has the wheels that go the fastest. All is good until suddenly you pull over to some weird highway where there's a 20mph speed limit. Some packs of beetles and G-Wiz pull next to you, grumpy grandmas sitting in em holding handheld cameras and middle fingering you and screaming how they'll call the cops if you go 21mph.

I have a problem with the grumpy grandma moreso than the speed limit. Like some neighbourhood watch who leave notes on your door if you got unpleasantly flashy christmas decorations.
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:03 pm »

Make ldon have a GI and it solves almost all problems with people complaining about trains. Then people can deal with it in guild chat instead of crying on the forums about it.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »

This post is getting fucking stupid the rules are the rules.. don't likem don't play /shrug they aren't that bad.

Just like today 3ldon and 4ldon had players pulling every fucking mob almost same time and blaming "respawn"  could have just said my bad...

Whatever LDON is garbage has been since the Population increase and the needs for charms..

Trying to justify this rule or that rule.. go look back to a lot of historic posts that have pages and pages of junk posts of players trying to take a inch here and there.

Damn if someone zones in just eat it and say my bad not get all hostile when "you" where the fucking perp. And this bullying shit about being untouchable is getting rather old.

LDON instances 250-500k 12hrs.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:10:25 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260