Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:51:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Broken keyboard  (Read 9799 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:41 am »

Soo yeah this morning I knocked over a cup of coffee which flooded across my keyboard.  It still lights up and some keys work but alot dont.  Should I get onto newegg and order a new one?  Or will the other keys magically work when it dries out completely?

Poop
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:59:54 am »

I tried water torture treatment on my keyboard once. It never recovered. Prolly gonna need a new one.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:05:11 am »

Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Start Onscreen Keyboard

Lol, just kidding. Would be hard as hell to play that way. But if you do need to use your computer that's one way to get around the busted keyboard.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:59:51 pm »

I have found that 2 years of cig ashes and dried spagetti stuck inside the keyboard makes it water proof and the auto attack is awesome when the ramen noodle's solidify in the right way. I also have learned that when im hot in the summer i can pretend it winter but turning it upside down and shaking it, So the moral of this story is the more stuff you actually have jammed in your keyboard the more utility's it can provide when grinding!!

Storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »

Let it dry for a couple of days.  If still no worky... well you know the answer.

I had numerous keyboards dry up and function perfectly afterwards, however I can recall one occasion when it never recovered.
sowilorune

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

Same thing happened to me a few months back.

For some reason, after 48 hours, some of the keys that were not working started working again, but most of them did not "rework" after a chance to dry.

You may try waiting a little bit, but I had to order a new keyboard.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »

well i'm using on screen keyboard now, which sucks .  i logged into game and it doesnt work for me, i am so screwwed it had to happen right before t5 ordered a new one on newegg a few mIN ago, i suck so bad

Poop
Haterade

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »

You can pick up a spill proof keyboard from walmart for like 10-15 bucks
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

well i'm using on screen keyboard now, which sucks .  i logged into game and it doesnt work for me, i am so screwwed it had to happen right before t5 ordered a new one on newegg a few mIN ago, i suck so bad

Are you living in the middle of the Pacific?  Any half assed computer store sells keyboards for a few dollars.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 02:07:25 pm »

Goodwill store anyone? Salvation Army should have one waiting after hours outside on the step! LOL
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »

I know im a retard I dont know what I was thinking, im so used to looking at newegg. 

Poop
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 04:28:13 pm »

Silly Gnome... its only the Screenshot button that doesn't work.... You dont need it anyhow P

-Lightblade

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 05:15:37 pm »

You can pick up a spill proof keyboard from walmart for like 10-15 bucks

My walmart sells these 10 dollar logitech keyboards...they are fucking amazing.  Really basic, but they are black and look and feel wonderful.

Owner of Herpp, Herpderpp, Heinzz, Djay, Eyelike, and Durkadurkaa

Leader of <Rainbow Warriors>!!!!!
Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »

Yea man let it dry out like cell phones usually work fine as long as u let them dry for 2-3 days before using them.

I have a Logitech keyboard had it over 7 years black and silver one love it man had tea spilled in it ,and been dragged around by my kids and Ive thrown it lights at top still work but are knocked down inside of keyboard for caps lock,num lock ,etc but

All in All great keyboard still works after i let it dry out and just lightly brazed the keys with q-tips and lysol pads.LOL worth a shot if you really like it.

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

The big problem with spilling something like coffee or soda in a keyboard is that it leaves residue once dry.  Washing a keyboard isn't particularly difficult as long as you're careful taking things apart and putting them back together.  You just need to make sure it is completely dry before you use it, and that you've washed all the residue off.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209