Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:21:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Qvic / Tacvi Rot NPC  (Read 23413 times)
Teslar

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:39 am »

Not sure if this is possible but i think it would be nice to have an 'Rot' NPC like in PoD for QVIC and TACVI.
I spend yesterday half day on my necro to get him qvic gear and still one piece left.
During this time a lot of other gear where rotting and i was thinking it would be
niece to hand the rotting stuff to an NPC like in PoD.

Not sure if this is possible but would be nice.

PS: Rot is an NPC in PoD where you can hand in gear of the same type (2x) from different classes and get one piece back of your class.

-Teslar
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:01:42 am »

Thanks. That reminds me that I need to "fix" PoD rotbot from x2 to x4 turn in.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:09:54 am »

Like, turn in 4 pieces of gear to make 1 different piece?
Instead of just turning in 2?

Teslar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:00:24 am »

Like, turn in 4 pieces of gear to make 1 different piece?
Instead of just turning in 2?

If hunter will fix this to four turn ins instead of  two i will have a lot of new friends on the server.  Tongue

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:14:21 am »

Yes, and not one of them can be the same!

(lol)

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:15:01 am »

How woud 4x even work?  If you had all 4, you'd already have the piece you needed.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:19:00 am »

Ssssst Tongue

In fact, 4x of any type would be better than 2x different, since once you get one rot item the same item keeps dropping anyway.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:36:29 am »

Add a rot bot for T3/T4 please.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 09:22:26 pm »

>>>Add a rot bot for T3/T4 please.<<<

Amen and A M E N.

156 greenies and 4 straight days of farming before the first T3 plate BP dropped.  4 silk toons, 2 leather and 2 chain 100% T3 before I saw the first T3 BP.  That's more than just bad luck with the RNG.
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:54 pm »

First I want to apologize for all those who's jacking thread and talking about something thats not on the topic (minus hunter, he's the only exception because he's busy so whenever or anything that remind him of the work he needs to do is good stuff hehe)

Anyway, about a rot bot for qvic / tacvi, if you cannot put time to farm qvic or tacvi then you are not really for t1 or t2 and definitely not ready for t3 and above.

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »

Those zones are really not to bad, about 2-3 days of solid farming got 7 chars fully tokened, geared, and gemmed. So, yeah its a pain... but its not the worst by far

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 05:57:55 am »

Those zones are really not to bad, about 2-3 days of solid farming got 7 chars fully tokened, geared, and gemmed. So, yeah its a pain... but its not the worst by far

Yea I think the thread shifted more toward a "rot bot in T3/T4" discussion, lol.

I agree that qvic/tacvi can be tough starting out but it doesn't need a rot bot in the least.

If anyone needs help in qvic/tacvi, catch me in game on one of my boxes below and I'll gladly give ya a run or two.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 07:29:51 am »

I'm on the fence on this one, if plate pants ( or pants in general) weren't so damn rare in qvic i would agree.
However i have toons older than some servers that still havent seen a qvic pants drop to date.  Running around with upto t2 in there inventory, with no qvic pants to craft with.
 IMO, what qvic really needs is pants made not so damn rare. You can make one trip in there and after killing every boss four or five times have every piece you need... and yet you still gotta go back for weeks or maybe even months depending on your luck.... just to get pants. Its kind of silly...really.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:34:30 am by trogdorr » Logged

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Teslar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:28 am »

First I want to apologize for all those who's jacking thread and talking about something thats not on the topic (minus hunter, he's the only exception because he's busy so whenever or anything that remind him of the work he needs to do is good stuff hehe)

Anyway, about a rot bot for qvic / tacvi, if you cannot put time to farm qvic or tacvi then you are not really for t1 or t2 and definitely not ready for t3 and above.

It's not really a time issue and i am also able to farm t1/t2 also t3 with guild members.
The problem is really that sometimes the gear you need does not drop don't matter how long you are farming.

I'm on the fence on this one, if plate pants ( or pants in general) weren't so damn rare in qvic i would agree.
However i have toons older than some servers that still havent seen a qvic pants drop to date.  Running around with upto t2 in there inventory, with no qvic pants to craft with.
 IMO, what qvic really needs is pants made not so damn rare. You can make one trip in there and after killing every boss four or five times have every piece you need... and yet you still gotta go back for weeks or maybe even months depending on your luck.... just to get pants. Its kind of silly...really.

This i what happen to me few weeks ago on my wizard.
Missing just one gear slot and have up to t2/t3 in inventory but cant use.

To make it short.
I don't have a problem to to farm half day or whole day on weekend but sometimes after 6 hour straight farming i am asking my self:
"Hell !!! What i am doing here!?" . Tongue

It would be general great to put a rot bot npc somewhere in some zones to turn in stuff.
Doesn't matter if qvic/tacvi potime t1,t2,t3 etc....

I like the idea behind the rot npc in general.

ps: sorry for spelling errors.

-Teslar
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:24 am »

Seriously, 6 hours of faming is nothing, i could do 6 hours of farming if it meant I was getting pants.
However, just ask ezry how long I waited for trogs plate pants, cons silks..... and still waiting on plate pants for my bard who has logged I would guess close to 40 hours cumulative in qvic and still wearing dulak pants. Same for my monk now. Theres making us work for it, then theres just stupidly rare.

Rot Bot?  Maybe Not But-
Seriously hunter...This had a purpose a year ago, but were in T5 now. I think we can make these pants drop a little more frequent.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:12:24 am by trogdorr » Logged

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis