Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:53:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Updates 03 19 11  (Read 31508 times)
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 07:30:20 am »

thankyou very much hunter
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:25 am »

This is awesome man! Thanks much!
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:02 am »

This update really blows for someone like me who has dozens of cyan stones banked over a few different characters that I was going to use for charms once I finished up LDoN charms. Any chance you could leave the cyan charm upgrade recipes active?
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:18 am »

Either that or do a return hand in,where it gives ya next lower tier to at least pop t3/t4 with what ya have left.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 10:56:03 am »

Shouldn't the charm upgrades that drop be able to upgrade any type of charm like cyans did?  It doesn't make sense to make it more difficult to get a specific type since now instead of a guaranteed charm every 16 kills you have a 25% chance of getting your charm type in maybe every 16 kills (I have heard different numbers on the drop chance).
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 11:33:10 am »

You can get boss tokens AND charm upgrades in the same drop list if your lucky. We're not working with just 1 random number from just 1 list. The drop rates are fine.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 11:47:03 am »

You can get boss tokens AND charm upgrades in the same drop list if your lucky. We're not working with just 1 random number from just 1 list. The drop rates are fine.

What about people that are done farming t3-t4 armor but still need tons of charm upgrades?  This change hurts them now.   It would be similar to changing token drops in LDoN to only be able to buy armor cards.

Don't get me wrong.  I love that you are changing things up in HoH, we all just need to voice our concerns and get a final draft hammered out together. 

I still think that a generic upgrade stone should be what drops, not specific charm types.  Cyan's were generic and the replacement for them should be also.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

I beg to Difffer on the drop rate.

Farmed for 4 hours last night in hoh 1 charm upgrade and it was a SORC i allread have level 50 sorc so it was useless to me. Where as i would have got enough stones to upgrade one of my charms at least 5 or 6 times over.

It still takes along time to get UC with stones. Your maintank has to have UC for t5 and know it just became alot harder. With the old rate i would get an upgrade 1 to every 16 kills. You would think that the charms would drope 1/16 times.  I dont know what droprate is but its gotta be like 1/200, HOH mobs are not easy when you start out, for along time. Have to get those 4.0s and armor upgrades.

Before i was working towards a goal i knew what i needed to do to get there so when i loggged in i would work towards it knowi have no clue when i will get the charm upgrade i need or one that i dont. Its like running a Marathon and going the first 20 miles, then they change the route and you know have to run 40 more instead of the last 6 to finish.

Now charms v2 are just gonna be sold for plat like ldon charms to people that allready have there UC so the rich get richer, while the rest of us scramble to get it. Feels like i just got slammed in the back while drinking a nice glass of you just got screwed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:23:26 pm by Spuds » Logged
Wherya
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »

I completely agree with Spuds, This update really hurts the mid tier folks, those of us that were making steady progress on UC and wanting to raid T4/MCP.   It is almost a requirement for the tanks to have UC for MCP, now it is significantly harder to obtain.   Why so much hate for the middle tier? 

For example, I am 12 upgrades shy of completing ldon.  Was looking forward to grinding HoH and getting 1 stone per avatar (ground out Oracle 50 and Guardian 29 already), at least I would know that I am one step closer to a goal.   Now, HoH is ldon redux so the grind never ends. Ldon is by far the worst part of EZ, it is horrible.   Albeit it is much better now with instances, but really painful.   There is nothing enjoyable about a grind, EQ did it and they were wrong for doing so.  Frankly, the only reason a grind was implemented in EQ live is to keep people playing and thus paying.   With a monthy fee structure it makes sense to keep stringing people along.    Here though, you have an awesome server with amazing content, but it is marred by the ldon grind and now the HoH grind required to accomplish any high end content. 

This change doesn't impact those with 6 UCs and RoA 100 (the elites), it only impacts the middle tier.   Which, I would have to assume is your objective, to keep people out of MCP and thus out of T5.   I'm not in T5 and wasnt planning on being there for awhile, however it would be nice to add some HP and DPS to the team so we can finally conquer MCP. 

I would suggest making Avatars more robust, perhaps like mini bosses or even T3 bosses, then letting them drop upgrades for each kill.  Anything to let us escape the RNG grind.   Please!   

Is your server and your world,  we just play here I guess.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 02:42:21 pm »

I'm 99% sure he wanted to make it harder to get UC.  To be honest it was "easy" before in HoH, at least compared to LDON.  With the instances of LDON now I'm sure he figures he made that part easier, so have to make it harder in HoH.  Just my opinion...

As for drop rates /shrug I spent about 2-1/2 hrs and got 5 Guardian upgrades (v2) and a 6th one rotted because I only had 5 toons with me...  also got a Sorc and.. Brawler I think.  I killed Shadow twice and got a BUTTload of tokens and charm upgrades, more than I could carry really.  Basically I'd say the drop rate may be a little low from Avatars, but if you farm Shadow you'll get plenty.

Jabberwocky

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 03:31:11 pm »

IMO, these changes are only going to make LDON the most consistent easiest way to farm charms.   At least with the way HoH was, you knew what was going on and how to work it. 

If you wanted to add a little grind, maybe go with upgrade per 25 instead of 16.  But making it closer to 1 in 200 as some are saying just makes LDoN instancing the best way to do it.

Add that it seems with the current changes, this is becoming a more plat oriented server, and all about the benjamins.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 05:04:16 pm »

Ideal

4 charms so have 2 types drop off 2 differnt types of mobs in HOH say

heavnes and earth = Oracle
storms and valor = sorc
underworld and skies=brawler
abyss and hate = guardian
hell can drop all 4

thoughts?
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

I 2nd Spuds' idea
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

This update really blows for someone like me who has dozens of cyan stones banked over a few different characters that I was going to use for charms once I finished up LDoN charms. Any chance you could leave the cyan charm upgrade recipes active?

bump
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »

bump

double bump, i too have lots and lots of cyan stones that i've farmed and saved till i could get my lower 25 charms from ldon done. now those 16 cyan stones that are on 6 of my 12 chars = are useless? changes for the better is a great thing but hurting others at the same time isnt. i am sure there are a number of people in my situation and are currently inactive due to RL things they have to handle. and when they come back to see this. i am sure they'll want what some of us are suggesting. can you please make cyan charm upgrade recipes still active?

Thanks for reading this Hunter!

-= Kuniko =-
<Pirate King>

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>