Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:31:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 102919 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:17 pm »

Please read this post for more information and follow the instructions for SoD Clients:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31085

NOTE: You cannot use the #setlsinfo on the EZ server (yet!), so you need to login to PEQ or Storm Haven and use the command there. You should be able to login after that.

NOTE2: PEQ users can also login via PEQ's login, if you have a PEQ login account. Keep in mind all PEQ-only accounts are temporary, and if you would like to login there, you would have to use PEQ's website to claim your EQEmu account. It is more preferred to use the first login option provided by Gaeorn.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:44:39 pm by Secrets » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:29:29 pm »

Is this reliable? I mean, how buggy is this patcher?

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:40:11 pm »

Is this reliable? I mean, how buggy is this patcher?

There is no patcher.

It is not buggy at all; it works the same as SoF practically. You just need to login via Gaeorn's loginserver on the SoD client. You can buy the SoD Client on steam here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24130/

Copy the directory out of the steamapps folder and you're set.

It works out of the box with EZ, provided you ran #setlsinfo on mentioned servers (PEQ or StormHaven). You need to change your eqhost to tsahosting.net:5999 though after you run the command on the aforementioned servers.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 04:45:36 pm »

Great work.
Whats the benefit of switching to a newer client?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 04:50:25 pm »

well i bought it back when it was like 2.99$ or whatever. However doesnt SoF have problems? thats why most people use Titanium, am i right? Just curious what kind of issues i should expect is all

Stylos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 04:50:42 pm »

what info do you put after #setlsinfo ?
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »

what info do you put after #setlsinfo ?

Email and password, you can make up the password but the email has to be valid.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »

well i bought it back when it was like 2.99$ or whatever. However doesnt SoF have problems? thats why most people use Titanium, am i right? Just curious what kind of issues i should expect is all

SoF has zero problems. I've used it since coming to EZ. You need the SoF spellfile for both SoF and SoD though. Smiley

Great work.

Better stability amongst other things (you get 1k more HP due to the SoD formulas, you can click on a person and see their buffs, can resize the UI, you can use updated UIs, etc)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:58:34 pm by Secrets » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »

SoF has zero problems. I've used it since coming to EZ. You need the SoF spellfile for both SoF and SoD though. Smiley

Great work.

Better stability amongst other things (you get 1k more HP due to the SoD formulas.)

Alright, thanks for the info Secrets, will set myself up when i get home from work...

Im not at work prowling the forums....  Lips sealed

Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »

We need some seeds on the only SoD torrent up  Grin
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

im seeding Cheesy havent installed yet though

Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:15 pm »

Great work.

Here is a list off the top of my head in no particular order:

1. Platinum no longer adds weight to your character.
2. Groups can now see each other's Mana and Endurance in the group window.
3. You can now see the buffs that other players have on them in the target buff window.
4. Most UIs from 2009 to now work with SoD with little to no extra changes needed.
5. You can now copy the UI setup from one character to another from in-game.  This means you set 1 character up perfectly, and all of your other chars can just copy it Cheesy
6. You can set the frame rate of EQ windows running in the background, which makes boxing performance considerably nicer depending on how you set it.
7. You can re-size your window size to any size by stretching it like SoF, but in SoD, you can also lock the size so you don't accidentally re-size it.
8. SoD has multi-core support and works very well with modern PC hardware.  It sets your first instance of EQ to only use 1 CPU core, and if you start a second instance of EQ, it sets it to the next available CPU core and so on, so it helps balance CPU load when multiboxing.
9. WinEQ is obsolete in SoD Smiley
10. SoD is the most stable client I have seen by far, even more stable than Titanium.  It has never crashed for me other than when I caused crashes while doing dev work on it.  And I have been logged in 24X7 since I first got it working.
11. I haven't done too much testing with it yet, but I hear SoD is amazing for people who multi-box.
12. SoD has lighting that is much better than Titanium, so you will instantly notice that everything just looks better.
13. Facial features while using illusions works perfectly, where previous clients have minor issues with them.
14. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
15. Levitate no longer causes you to bob up and down and instead you just float there.
16. Holding down left click can now be used to rotate around your character while in 3rd person view, just like most current MMOs allow.

Here is a more complete list of changes between SoF to SoD in relation to the client itself, directly from the SOE patch notes:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=185786&postcount=45

Plus, all of the new features available in SoF that aren't available in Titanium are also in SoD, so that adds a ton of new stuff there as well that I am not even counting here.

Not to mention that it includes all of the SoF content, which is a huge amount of content for server admins to be able to make use of as well as the SoD content, which itself includes:
1. 20 completely new zones, and some revamps of old zones that are really cool.
2. 40 new NPC races including multiple mounts
3. Many new Global Races, including some older ones that are nice to have loaded globally.
4. Dozens of new weapon models.  I haven't even counted them yet, but I assume there are quite a few.
5. Dozens of new Item Icons.

Really, considering the short amount of time we have been working on SoD so far, it is very far along and fully playable.  There are still a few minor issues remaining, but we are knocking them all out very quickly.  I think it is already the best client EQEmu has had yet, and it will only continue to get better.  Even if you are playing on a server that might not make use of the SoF or SoD content, the SoD client has clear benefits that make it worth upgrading to.  It is just an all-around-great client.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:18:46 pm by Trevius » Logged
Sturmx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:16 pm »

So how would we go about getting the SoD client if we already purchased it Digitally. I know I'm not the only one thats played live within the past year. And it would suck to have to buy it offa steam Sad.

beanz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:44:58 pm »

eq sod torrent

stick that in google.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 10:08:36 pm »

eq sod torrent

stick that in google.

Hellz yea and don't forget to seed when you finish  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12