Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:51:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HELP - Please Read  (Read 6834 times)
Kuniko

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:50:44 am »

Lately, i've been login into a blank server list. over 500+ attempts at login in each day and then eventually I just give up. Not sure what is going on and I have searched ez forum and eqemu forum and still no help. I've done everything I can think of to try to fix the situation but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on a solution?

Also the other day I accidently opened the actually eq.exe patcher and it patched for like 1 second or so and I closed it. Could this be the reason I am login into a blank server list?

Would a fresh install of Titanium work? and if I have to do a fresh install. Should I stick with Titanium or install SoD?

Thanks for everything.

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
Ezry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

Reinstall it man, yeah.  I started using SOD and I'm really enjoying it.  You can choose to block spells you don't want, plat weighs nothing, but for some reason my friends list isn't working.  Titanium worked fine as well, but meh.  To each his own.   Every time you accidentally run the patcher like that it's probably going to mess up your configuration with the emu, you wont be able to get in...you could double check and make sure it didn't just mess with your eqhost file.  Double check which server you are dialing into, hopefully it's as simple as that.
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:17:50 am »

my eqhost file = eqemulator.net:5998 (titanium) but so far nothing seems to fix it. 

Ezry, do you know where i can get a copy of SoD?

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 06:49:51 am »

was a copy of sod steam on isohunt  http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/182401505/everquest+sod?tab=summary
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:30:49 am »

Friends list should be working for SoD long as chat channels are up.
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:04:38 pm »

pages error. you got another link?

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
Kuniko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

Did a fresh install of EQ Titanium and still blank server list... i think i am about done trying... sigh

-art by funkinmofo
- Kuniko <WAR>
- Baadd <WAR>
- Goodd <WAR>
- Thesmexy <PAL>
- Kunipal <PAL>
- Oanh <CLR>
- Gummy <CLR>
- Quikk <SK>
- Bits <NECRO>
- Kunimonk <MNK>
- Swisha <DRU>
- Bearz <SHM>
- Kunifrog <ROG>
- Cchong <RNG>
- Gaam <RNG>
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:53 pm »

Did u change your server login file 89550 or something cant remeber on phone atm its eq host file?
TankAndSpankMe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 01:23:47 am »

not sure if this helps.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ

I can log into the Server Select screen, but when I get there, no servers are showing up. It is just a blank list.

This usually means there is a network problem. Either your network is blocking port 5998 or your router may just be having issues that need to be corrected. If you live in a dorm or are playing from a public network, it is probably going through a proxy and that means they are most likely blocking port 5998, so you won't be able to play. If you are playing from home and have control of your internet connection, then the problem is probably either with your router/modem or with your PC. First, make sure that you don't have a firewall or any other security programs running that might block your connectivity in any way. Next, make sure you aren't forwarding port 5998 to any PCs on your network (this includes port range forwarding that would include port 5998 in the range). If not, next you want to try powering down your modem and router. Then power up your modem and wait until it gets a connection. Next, power up your router and wait for it to connect. Last, reboot your PC and try connecting to EQEmu again. If that still isn't working, then there is a good chance that you need to reset your router or router/modem back to factory defaults. Most modems have a sunken in button that you can hold down to reset it to defaults. Check your product documentation for how to do it. Once that is done, set up your router again and try connecting to EQEmu again. It should be working now, but if not, there may be an issue with the routing from your ISP or your router may just be going bad.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:58:36 pm by TankAndSpankMe » Logged
freth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »

sorry bout that if link doesn't work u can try to google isohunt then search for everquest sod and it should bring the version of sod up
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)