Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:29:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: 7 DAY BAN  (Read 18008 times)
Ashar

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »

So Asharx got a 7 day ban for KSing Halfpintelf on Shadow in public HoH.

Sounds simple enough...
First off I didnt see halfpintelf (solo)when I first engaged Shadow,  I had looked away from main pc sceen over to my laptop because of a few toons being stuck.

I spoke to Halfpintelf and Brokyn of Magister as the kill was in progress...
I wasn't asked to back off.
I told both Halfpintelf and Brokyn that if Shadow died here that the loot would go to Halfpintelf.   Shadow died and I left all the loot on the corpse.... I did ask if I could have the h-one n-one token and was told no.....  still simple and straight....

Now I did have a bit of a bad attitude toward Halfpintelf for not allowing me the token (my bad for sure hot his/her's)

So... question why 7 day ban?  I admit Halfpintelf must haven engaged Shadow before me...  Which is why I gave him/her the loot.

So why the ban? If it was for ksing didnt Halfpintelf ninja loot?
Ya that sounds petty and screwed up.  Mayabe wording it different would make it sound less lame.

I just think I should not get a 7 day ban on Asharx if I gave up the loot completely to Halfpintelf...

Anyone else wanna chime in. Or Hunter even.

To Magister Guilld....
not trying to flame you guys at all. Just looking for clarification from Hunter or other EZ peeps that might have some insight or opinion.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:04:42 pm »

Shadow is always a race in HoH, and the first one there and engaged is the victor, A ban for not looting seems a bit extreme, throw the rest out the window. I have been running thru HoH and added my DPS on a shadow kill before, and no ban here, sounds like some cry baby's that are new to the zone.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:16:04 pm »

I have to say I agree with Asher on this one... Yes rules are rules but it jut shows the kind of people everyone is here...

Asher said hey my bad the loot is yours try to make good..

Then these other two ass hats take the loot then report like Asher said that's ninja looting ban them for 7 days as well.. Rules are rules right...

So what I get from this is Asher is a good guy I'll lend a hand if needed..

The other guys I'd destroy something before lending a hand... It's really easy to get a bad rep on this server well great job guys you made the list!! There are a few other things I'd like to say but Sorry Asher don't wanna join you on that ban list.

From the iPhone.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

I have to say that although I was not in HoH when this happened.  I was on vent with Halfpintelf at the time though.

If it had stopped at Ashar killing Shadow and allowing her the loot because she had engaged first there would have been no action taken, I am sure.  The problem is that after the initial incident with Shadow, Ashar continued to follow Halfpintelf around and KS'd the next few mobs that she engaged.  He sent her some threatening tells that suggested she would never get help on this server again because she had crossed him...  He also sent me a tell saying "If you didn't fraps it, it didn't happen".  That, to me, is an admission of guilt, and a childish taunt in the face of server rules. 

I understand that some people have a high opinion of Ashar here.  To be honest, I expected a lot better from him.  When he logged on the day following the incident he sent me a message to tell me that he'd been suspended for 7 days on his main.  I was not surprised.  I knew that an email had been sent to Hunter, and I saw Hunter's online message.  I also saw him take responsibility for his actions in OOC without bringing any names into it.  I thought that was a classy move on his part.  This, however, is a completely classless move.  Halfpintelf did nothing to deserve anyone's anger.  All she did was report a player who was repeatedly KSing her.  The fact that it turns out to be someone prominent on the server should only serve as a reminder to everyone that the rules are the same for everyone.

I am not concerned about my reputation on the server.  The people that have known me the past couple of years know my character.  I ask that you don't continue with comments about Halfpintelf though, she is new on the server and doesn't need the aggravation of having her name dragged through the mud by a classless high end player.

Brokyn <Magister>

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

There are other way in handling problems like this not "run to daddy" and tell on him.... these are things "NEW PLAYERS" need to think about. A quick fix is spend 10k on a group zone bam fixed.. I'm not saying it's ok to KS but there are many other ways to keep this problem even coming up. I have never and will never kill in pub there is no reason to you make that 10k back in all of what 5 mins in HoH? and if you can spend 10k a day drop 20k once every 7 days..

Correct yourself and make the changes you need to make to stop this from ever happening.

And BTW with your people have a high opinion of Asher remark... I don't know the guy never talked to the guy... So yeah that don't work with everyone.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:16:05 pm by Thebone » Logged

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »

The other ways to handle things work just fine till the offending party continues his behaviour...  We started a dialogue to try to solve the problem and got attitude and further KSing.

Your comments about it being our responsibility to spend 10k on an instance to keep others from breaking rules are completely asinine.  People who follow the rules don't need to "Correct themselves" as you put it, the people who break the rules need to correct themselves, or run the risk of having Hunter correct them.

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 03:43:51 pm »

This whole thread is about being KSed is it not? Lets see here... if you stop being cheap spend 10k you don't get KSed... how is that hard for you to understand? When fighting in Pub you run the risk... you trying to tell me on that rule list in the whole time you have been playing you never once broke a single rule?

No exploiting
    No warping
    No bot / afk farming
    No bad words
    No spamming
    No kill stealing
    No hording Tiki's
    Guild Quest camps
    No ninja looting
    No trains
    Do not crash zones
    Do not share accounts
    Use common sense
    Play nice and don't grief

There's one in RED I see you have already broke..

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 04:18:10 pm »

I'm not going to debate the idea that the victim of a crime is at fault for not staying out of public places...  I am sure you can actually see the flaw in your argument??  If not, you need to spend some time in the real world.

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 04:43:26 pm »

Your missing my point... My point is this if your not in public you don't have to worry about anything..  If you take yourself out of the problem then there is no problem..

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »

You're missing the point...  Anyone should be able to go into pub and not have problems with other players...  If problems occur there are rules to govern the behavior of those players.  If efforts to correct the problems are met with indifference or aggression, there is a server GM to deal with the problems.

What you're saying, when extrapolated to a real world situation, says that if you go to the corner store to buy milk and get shot in a robbery it is your fault for not buying a cow for your home...

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »

Fighting in pub is like walking down a bad part of town late at night.  You run the risk of getting your ass mugged.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 05:31:25 pm »

Fighting in pub is like walking down a bad part of town late at night.  You run the risk of getting your ass mugged.

^^ someone that can follow the common sense rule...

Gummibear
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

I've been followed around plenty by people threatening to fraps for various reasons, I just hide in guild instances so i can do whatever I want.

I was on my necro in Qvic, went LD, when I came back I had a bunch of mobs on me so I backed out the doorway to FD but there was someone just outside the door which I didn't see until I had already Fd'd. Sure enough he starts cursing and saying he fraps'd me training and I was going to get banned, I said I was sorry and offered to rez but he kept swearing at me.

My point is public is shit, fuck that place. Guild instances are harder to sell shit in but it's worth it to be away from assclowns.
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »

And the mugger runs the risk of being caught by the cops, which in this situation is hunter. I agree making a guild instance is a great way to avoid people KSing you, but it is also a great way for others to avoid having to KS people for loot. The fact that the loot was given up to the person who engaged first is a classy move, but the aftermath seemed unwarranted from what I read in this post.
Dood

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »

I support Hunter's decision.  As a long time member of the EZ community, Ashar knows the rules.  This is not the first incident I have seen where a player has been harassed by a server veteran and threatened that they won't be helped or blacklisted etc. from the server.  This behavior is often backed up by newer characters who cherish the "uber" characters who more often then not are helping people kill things above their level of play.  Which is very cool, but it doesn't give anyone the right to ruin someone elses game play. 
I like / get along with most of the people who play on this server, and although I pretty much keep to myself on the forums, you have to ask yourself, why wouldnt we want to be able to hunt in public zones?  Since Hunter last swung the banhammer, the server has become a more peaceful place.  People forget it's a "PG" server, you have to play nice with each other to get ahead.  I don't like to see anyone banned, but sometimes a timeout is just what we need to regain perspective.  Just my 2cp =)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)