Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:55:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet Focus effect  (Read 7854 times)
cerwin

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:34:00 pm »

Maybe we could add a pet focus effect to either armor sets or non visibles that are > Ldon. As it is I am permanently wearing my ldon boots with the pet focus just so I dont have to remember to switch them in and out when I make a new pet. I lose alot of hp doing this =(
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:38:16 am »

My pet classes use an earring from qvic, if I remember correctly. That way they can keep using their tiered gear. Just another possibility if you want to use a better item in foot slot.

But yes, I support idea. Let's have a new pet focus item.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:31 am »

Does the qvic worn focus effect actually improve clicky-summoned epic pets (3.0 etc.)? How noticeable is the benefit?
Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »

Wish people would stop assuming things are busted without even checking the current source, however as of rev 1829:

Caryatis: Implemented pet scaling based on pet focus item power from the spell file.

You can look at the code for details but focuses definitely do alot more than they used to.
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:44:33 pm »

Thanks Caryatis. I don't think to look at the source code, and often rely on old information, so I appreciate that you've give us the update. Thanks for your work to make the pet focus more helpful!
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »

yea this is good news. btw what is the earring youre talking about from qvic? is it the one with effect of spire servant?  it says the effect is something other than a pet focus doesnt it?
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:38:17 pm »

Maybe I got it mixed up. I have an earring and belt, and now that I look at the hp, the earring was probably from PoTime and belt from Qvic.

Gemstone of Dark Flame
Nec, Mag, Bst
http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=69106
Focus: Minion of Discord
Slot 1: Increase Pet Power(35)
Slot 2: Limit: Max Level(70)
Slot 3: Limit: Min Level(61)

Vermillion Batfur Sash
Nec, Mag, Bst
http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=83591
Focus: Spire Servant
Slot 1: Increase Pet Power(45)
Slot 2: Limit: Max Level(70)
Slot 3: Limit: Min Level(66)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:32 pm »

Won't they be useless considering all pet levels post 1.0 are basically all higher than 70, and therefore not affected by the focus effects at all?

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:54:57 pm »

The level restrictions refer to the level of the spell, not the pet that is summoned.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:06:56 am »

So can you confirm that the levels of the spells according to the spells file are all level 70? If they're not, my point still stands.

-Clev

Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 02:32:31 pm »

Are you incapable of reading text files or something?  If you want to know about the server you play on, then do your own research.

I was explaining how the source works, I have no desire to hold your hand through the custom content on a server I've never played.
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:44:32 pm »

So can you confirm that the levels of the spells according to the spells file are all level 70?

if they weren't level 70(max)....how would you cast them....i don't understand this question lol
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »

Are you incapable of reading text files or something?  If you want to know about the server you play on, then do your own research.

I was explaining how the source works, I have no desire to hold your hand through the custom content on a server I've never played.

Lol

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »

I think this was unnecessarily rude. Not everyone has the knowledge on how to find information on the spells file, and opening it in notepad/wordpad/other does not give a lot of information.

If you know of a way to open the spell file in a readable format, that would be much more appreciated than just insulting my intelligence.

To answer the other question, almost all higher tier pet spells are clickies, for which the level of your character is less important than the level the item allows itself to be clicked (Dulak necro pants are right click lvl 55 or 60 pet buff, iirc, but are clickable at 50)

-Clev

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 282