Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:36:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Climbing from t2 to t3  (Read 4746 times)
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:29:48 am »

This is a steep climb. Anyone whos done it know you need  more hp than you could have. I think now that t5 is done, maybe some ladder quests are needed between t2/3.

Floors Open, Your thoughts?

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Eyekill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »

I don't have a problem with it, however i did wait until i had a UC on my tank to start it. I didn't want to move ahead until i finished all of my wars T2 + hp augs and get his UC and it seems to be paying off. I also have 3 healers (cleric, pally, pally) which helps alot and every box toon i use has rank 11 or better charm.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »

I definitely think that RoA is the gap filler between T2 and HoH.  If you are dying in HoH and in need of more hp you can increase your RoA rank, or do the Assassin quest for a while... 

By the time you have farmed HoH long enough to get 3.5 on all your toons, you should have also maxed out your 18k worth of HP augs on your tank as well.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »

I hear that. Ive done 40 ranks of RoA so far on my tank. It would definitely help to finish it, but the grind i did before on it (pre xp nerf) and now xp cut has soured my motivation.I have around 150k on my tank already from my old guild, and dual 4.0 on him, but the rest of my t2 group (3.0's) hovering around 50 to 60k hp are getting "one shot" in hoh. Battle rezzing at least two toons  per encounter. Im setup with clr/pal/pal/mnk/war and my 6th is usually my mage or bard.  I have aug'd the monk (ns4x2) and one pally(fs4) so far, dps is doing ok.
UC is a very long grind. I dont see myself doing UC till after hoh, when all my group has 4.0 . All of them have lvl 25 to 28 charms thou.

Guess this is normal for the par then. Good to know. Ill keep around the avitars of hate who dont completely hand my ass to me till ive HP aug'd my group up as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:30:20 pm by trogdorr » Logged

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:23:10 pm »

What's your strategy with farming pages for the 3.0 characters?

When I first tried breaking into HoH I had just a 3.0 Pally, 3.0 Zerker, and 3.0 Warrior. The warrior was practically useless when Stonewall was down, but since each avatar took me almost 10 minutes that wasn't such a big deal, lol. I had about a 50% death/success rate with this set up.

I farmed up pages JUST for the pally first; once I got one, I would move on to the next section. With a 3.5 pally and only a lvl 12 oracle charm, my survivability shot up quite nicely. I had maybe a 5-10% failure/wipe rate on some unlucky rounds, but my dps didn't improve much.

After the 3.5 on the pally, all my efforts went into getting him a 4.0 Book. Once 4.0'd I almost never wipe anymore due to lack of healing (maybe 2% of the time due to my own negligence). I also main tank with the 4.0 pally and off tank the adds with the 3.0 Warrior, keeping the zerker in between for AE Dmg. A 4.0 zerker didn't increase the dps dramatically (working on augs/sorc now), but a 4.0 mage is like night and day and is going to seriously shorten the page farming time for my other chars.

I also recommend nabbing pally stonewall cheaply in auction or from guildies if you can/don't already have it. That should take a back seat to 4.0 books, but it helps. I'll definitely need to buff my war up for t3/t4 armor mobs, but for now the pally centric strategy is working fine. I'm having a blast in t2/HoH with my current set up of  Pally/Mage/Zerker/Warrior.
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 02:42:35 pm »

I'm not sure how you guys are getting your UC *before* HoH as posted. Maybe it was a typo.

In any case, there is large leap in difficulty from T2 to T3, but it is greatly mitigated by (a) ldon charms, (2) ROA, and (3) real healing. If some just gained access to HoH and is trying to do it with a single paladin as healer, it simply isn't going to work. If your tank is dying, maybe you can sacrifice dps for survivability and use a guardian charm until he can survive without it. Etc. Do what works for you. Also, for dps, the magic hp number for me is 50k. At that point, they can join in without dying to ramp. Before that, be ready to rez them.

I'm not against content to bridge the t2-t3 gap. I've told guildies that this is when most casual players quit. However, this is also a good wake-up call about the importance of charms.

Finally, the paradigm of working on UC before T3 has changed. Now that stones have been removed, charm upgrades come while getting T3 boss tokens, so the two are simultaneous. I'm sure you guys know that, but for those newer players, they might not realize we had a choice before. I got completed my war UC before doing a single T3 boss, but that would take much longer now.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

If you mean HoH, it isn't that hard, you need appropriate classes though.  I had one paladin/warrior/ranger/druid at first, and it wasn't easy but it was doable, had to do aggro management, attack the avatar with warrior then get aggro on the adds with paladin (dread gaze).  Then they nerfed pallies... sooo I added another pally heh.  Definitely helps to get 3.5 epic on paladins first, the heals are worth it.  You don't need UC or RoA but you should have at least level 20+ charms on paladins/etc.

If you mean "T3" as in airplane, that's different.  You should probably join a guild and/or bring friends at first until you get some loot and get your main tank hitpoints in the 150-160k range.  After that it's easy you can /afk the fights...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 282