Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 12:56:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: what are song to sing with bard  (Read 26730 times)
xoltrek

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:15 am »

hi,

I got a bard and i would like to know wihch song are you using at hight end level ?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:36 pm »

Check here

http://ezserver.org/songs-t62.html

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:18:24 pm »

After reading the other thread, which is somewhat outdated since the nurf, Here is what I've been using lately:

1. War March of Muram
Increase Attack Speed by 60% (V2 Haste)
Increase STR by 72 (L68) to 75 (L74)
Increase ATK by 38 (L68) to 40 (L76)
Increase Damage Shield by 23 (L68) to 25 (L78)

2. Ancient Call
Increase Spell Damage by 30%
Increase Haste v3 by 30%

3. Chorus of Life
Increase Hitpoints by 25 (L69) to 26 (L72) per tick
Increase Mana by 22 (L69) to 24 (L78) per tick
(actually heals 400hp per tick with epic 1.5)

4. Psalm of Veeshan
Increase Damage Shield by 12 (L63) to 15 (L78)
Increase All Resists by 73 (L63) to 80 (L70)
Increase AC by 7 (L63) to 8 (L72)

The suggestion of Amplification / Denons / Denons / Denons / Denons is interesting. This being my first bard I have not tried this combo yet. Does anyone know if it works well for soloing??

Also, Shy said:
War March is v1
Comp of Ervaj is v2
Ancient Call is v3

So you can get an extra 10% Haste by swapping in Comp of Ervaj. Makes sense that it would do more damage than a DS if you've got high dps in your group like rangers/monks.

Other Options to consider:
1. Storm Blade
Add Proc: Storm Blade Strike rate mod 400

Does anyone use anything different??

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:20:35 am »

Just found this on the old forums, thought I'd add it to this thread.

Originally posted by JPM:

There are essentially 5 types of haste.

There is worn haste - this is your FBSS/Cloak of Flames/Noobie Charm/whatever.

There is v1 spell haste. This is what the vast majority of haste buffs are: alacrity, speed of salik, swift like the wind, etc.

There is v2 spell haste which I believe is only featured on 2 spells - melody of ervaj and composition of ervaj.

There is v3 spell haste which is whats known as 'overhaste'. This is what many clickies and bard spells like Ancient: Call of Power are.

Lastly, there are haste disciplines available to some classes. These stack with everything.

So, how does stacking work?

Well, there is a cap of 100% haste for the worn haste + v1 + v2 haste. So, having 60% v1 haste, a 46% haste item, and a 10% v2 song playing only equals 100% haste. Keep in mind that the v2 haste was added at a time (luclin) where most players did not have a 40% haste item, and thus were not hitting the 100% haste cap with v1 and worn haste.

Then there is whats known as overhaste (or v3) - the bard's bread and butter. The vast majority of players do not know that overhaste is capped at 25% (assuming you have 100% v1 + v2 + worn haste which everbody does). The maximum amount of haste you may have from any combination of worn + v1 + v2 + v3 is 125%. Yes, that means the difference between the 25% and 30% overhaste song for bards means nothing if you are buffed (obviously the two spells have different DD modifiers though, but thats unrelated to this).

So bards can provide 25% overhaste to the group? Yes, but there are easily available overhaste clickies starting from BoT (5%) to PoTime (8%) to LDoN/Qvic (10%). So, a bard in reality is merely bringing 15% (additive) over haste to the group (if you want to get into multiplicative terms, its even less, but I'd imagine most people don't care enough about a game to know that).

At the moment, that is basically the bards only meaningful contribution to a group (in addition to pitiful melee DPS).

Anyhow, the bottom line is this - if a bard's contributions to the group (usually via buffing everyone else's damage) are less than what could be achieved by putting a DPS class in place of the bard, then what is the point of the bard?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 06:44:44 pm »

This information about haste caps on this server is incorrect. I have parsing information already posted on this forum with and without my brawlers (127%). There is a notable difference in amount of swings. I will follow up with this with parsing information to put this to rest.

Balthor2
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:57:19 am »

Hey buddy wheres the parses at?
Looks like we need to sit at the practice dummies and tell jokes on vent while we get a few hours of data
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 01:59:12 pm »

That sounds like a very good idea, lol.

Balthor2
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 05:23:50 am »

well very very basic parses (like 3x 10min) showed its worth having a bard in the monk or ranger group depending on total group make up.
Songs.. really depends on the zone and group the bards in.
stack the haste and stormblade.
If I actually take the time to tab to the bard I also have my dots loaded. I'll attempt a resist debuff with the pocket enc or shm if they are around then pop dots
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 05:36:51 pm »

This info still pretty much hold true?
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »

Been a while since I played my bard. Ancient call spell dmg is nerfed I think. The rest seems solid.
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:57 am »

any updates on this you famous bards. I want to learn from the masters.

Help me decide what i should cast with a group like

WAR/MNK/SK/CLR/SHM/BRD

Thank you in advance masters

Reid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »

There are some tweaks you can do to squeeze the most out of Bard party DPS, but my experience on my one and only main are along the same lines of what has been posted already:

Melee group: Warmarch, Call of Power (for overhaste, spell dmg is borked), Storm Blade

Caster / Healer Group: Chorus of XXXX to help regen issues slightly + Play Solo songs

Solo: Warmarch if not near haste cap OR Call of Power if UC'd etc. , Overaided Ballad of Flame, Storm Blade, End with Denon's.

I'd like to note that this is for pure dps, and that there are TONS of combinations for utility. Though EZ is mostly tank and spank, it is hard to beat a an EZ bard for on-the-fly versatility.

Also, iirc, Amplify + Denon's DID NOT WORK FOR ME as of last month when I revisited it. Better off saving a dot spell page for when you want to pop Puretone. Also, on the note of Puretone: It gives us some of the highest UNGEARED sustained dmg on EZ, but only for the duration once every 30 minutes.

TL;DR: Overhatse, Denon's Bereavement, and Storm Blade should never leave your spell bar.

Currently Playing:
Spanker Madness, Bard of <Zen>

"The Optimist proclaims we live in the best of all worlds; the Pessimist fears it true."

I Just say "I like cookies!", and leave it at that.
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:51 am »

thanks for this knowledge

Oilman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:40:12 am »

What if you went every other song Buff, dot, Buff, dot, Buff, dot, Buff, dot, Buff. Then Use /Melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.  Would this increase Damage output? Does Sorc increase Bard Dots? Wouldn't Increase Bard DPS too?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

The most I have ever seen weaved on a bard is 5 or 6 songs. Even if you did all 6 of those songs, or hell, even fit in 9 and they were all dots you would not add any measurable amount of dps.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)