Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:12:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Boss questions  (Read 26218 times)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »

Hello Zoink,

In your message, you said that you should dispell the damageshield of Dragonslayer and other difficult mobs.  What toon can best do this and what spell exactely.   I have a BST+CLR+WIZ.  Is this doable with this treebox ?

Bye,
Alrazor

Look into your bst, clr and wiz spell lists under utility detrimental, they should all have a dispel list.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »

Cancel magic is the best one. Works every time for me. You are lacking a tank to kill the bosses in time. Prolly lacking dps as well.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »

level 69 ranger spell Nature's Balance removes 9 buffs unresistable.... beats all
but you need a ranger.
which is fine because you should have one because they pwn

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:46 am »

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all these hints.  Never used dispell shield/cancel magic before.. I never needed so far.   You think I can beat DRAGONSLAYER with my 3 toons using these casts or should I level other DPS-classes to get my first epic ?

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 04:29:44 am »

Alrazor, without a real tank you are going to take a heap of damage from Dragonslave.
Unless you are overgeared (in t2 armor with 3.0 etc) that 3 man will probably have a tough time outhealing the damage.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 05:00:38 am »

OK,  I was thinking to level a Shadowknight and a Ranger, to reinforce my group.  What do you think ?  Or should I replace them by rather a Warrior and/or Paladin ?

Other idea, in POT you can also hire merchants, can they assist you with enought DPS to beat Dragonslayer ?    Grin

Bye,
Alrazor
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 06:11:40 am »

Of course I'm mean 'HIRE MERCENARIES' and not Merchants  Grin

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 07:18:00 am »

If you already have a pet class then you cant hire a mecr while you have a pet. Only merc worth taking if you really need one is Wiz. (about the only one with half decent dps)

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 10:21:15 am »

OK, fine, and what about my first question :  Grin

"I was thinking to level a Shadowknight and a Ranger, to reinforce my group.  What do you think ?  Or should I replace them by rather a Warrior and/or Paladin ?"

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »

Warrior/Paladin combo will take your group a lot farther than a ranger/sk combo. But its really up to you and what you want to play. If you are boxing by yourself though in the long run you will want the war to tank and the pally for the group heal proc.

Temuli

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 09:29:28 pm »

Just to chip in that indeed, war/pal works well at least for a while and with mercs (wiz/sham) I duo'd dragon slave. Quillmane was much easier.

I must admit, I did fail at dragon slave consistently until I got my dps AA's sorted out, but I bumped those up whilst getting LDoN loot, so those early failures weren't a big frustration.

I did get help with DS and Quill one evening (thanks again Everwes) and of course the Rollback Monster kicked me in the goolies....but at least I can now bask in the satisfied glow of self-sufficiency.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 04:23:21 am »

Hello,

I understand why I should level a WAR.  But do I really need a PAL if I already have a CLR who has also a groupheal ?  Perhaps a stupid rookie-question, correct me if I'm wrong  Grin

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 04:40:38 am »

later during endgame one cleric is not going to be enough healing. If you plan on boxing alone you will eventually need a second healer (pally or another cleric). You will get more dps out of a pally augged with 3 Firestrike 5 than with a cleric.
Trying to fight even MCP with only one cleric is a chore that usually ends up with a group wipe even when you run 2 war tanks with alternating stonewalls/aggro control.
War/pal/pal/rog/mnk/clr ftw. if you want least amount of effort (micro managing) with decent dps and abundant healing. You wont see insane dps until you get your rog and mnk setup with ninja/icestrikes and at least a lvl 21 sorc charm, but once they are augged mobs drop fast.
But in the end Alrazor its really up to you and what you feel is fun to play. Switching out the rog or monk for a bard, you lose some dps but gain some real flexibility in your team. you can lose the 2nd pally and add more dps and hope you can kill faster before the lower healing doesn't backfire.
Whatever team you end up running, just make sure its something you find fun. Don't make a team based off min/maxxing unless thats something you enjoy. Choose your team based on your tastes and style of play. Remember just because you play X team and can't do Z mob alone doesn't mean you are screwed. Make friends, join a guild and whatever you can't tackle alone....help is just a quick message away. (if your friends/guild is online and someone is free Tongue )
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:42:58 am by funkinmofo » Logged

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:26 am »

Hi Funkinmofo,

Thanks for the info.  A lot a stuff to think about ... and to try out.  In the meantime I created another login with 3 accounts so I can start 2 or 3 new toons.   I think to level a WAR and PAL. 

I never understood that 'aug' thing to get these ice-/ninjastrikes.  I think I have to loot gemstones and combine these in my magicbox ?  Where should I best zone in to get this ?  Or should I get first to a CG or FG.  I already started once to get all the stuff to get my BST in a FG, and need now only the 4 chestcards in Ldon4.  But therfore you need epic's to get so far.  and so one... every mission or quest you start you cannot finish it because you're missing something... like a vicious circle  Huh

Anyway, I'll keep trying to level my new toons and of course with some help by /ooc .

Bye,
Alrazor
Galaen

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:36 am »

You need to join the Crafter's Guild to be able to make the Firestrike, Icestrike and Ninjastrike augments. Otherwise you'll have to buy them from other players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)