Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:51:18 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Boss questions  (Read 26216 times)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 08:01:31 am »

Alrazor,

Focus on getting your toons into their respective cg or fg as needed. Then try to get them their epics. As you start to progress into content qvic+ you will start to see some of the early augments kicking around. As you progress further into t1 and t2 you will find components drop that can be combined to make better quality augments. (the recipes can be found here on the forums or in the dragon book on the vendor in plane of dragons)
The Icestrikes, Ninjastrikes and Firestrikes are only available to be made once you join  the crafters guild. Or you can farm a lot of plat and purchase one from someone who is in the crafters fuild.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:39 am »

Oh boy, a lot of work to do  Grin.  Thanks to put the way of playing in the right order !  So, you mean that I have to continue in Ldon to get my 4 chestcards before getting my epics.  Is this doable ?  Because I read before in this forum that I need an epic to deal with Ldon.  If this last is not necessary, I focus on Ldon.

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 10:57:04 am »

Oh boy, a lot of work to do  Grin.  Thanks to put the way of playing in the right order !  So, you mean that I have to continue in Ldon to get my 4 chestcards before getting my epics.  Is this doable ?  Because I read before in this forum that I need an epic to deal with Ldon.  If this last is not necessary, I focus on Ldon.

Bye,
Alrazor

The order in which you do it depends on you and how you play your team. Once you hit 70 usually people go for their 1.5 epics, then go for their cg or fg flags, most usually then try for their 2.0 epics (some opt to go for their 2.5 if they are cg/fg flagged at this point) , then they hit qvic for the 3.0/tacvi/pod flag tokens and after getting tokens turned in they are usually ready to go grab the completed 3.0 epic book.
The order slightly differs for most people depending on if they are buying runs or have overgeared toons to drag their alts around.
But in every case:
1) get characters to 70
2) get your 1.5 epics
Then from there decide what you feel like doing
FYI- some people find it faster in the long run to focus on getting only one toon into at least t2 armor with 3.0 epic (usually melee type war/sk/pal) since it makes powerlevelling and gearing up the rest of your team that much easier. Trying to level, gear up & flag 3+ toons at once can be daunting.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:04:32 am by funkinmofo » Logged

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:54 am »

Hi Funkinmofo (strange name  Grin)

Thanks for all this tips and making we wiser on EZserver.
A lot of stuff to try out.  I will keep you posted.

Bye and thanks again
Alrazor (A Flemish Lion  Wink
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 07:01:26 am »

Hi again,

I tried to deal with dragonslave, but he resists apparently all my spells from my BST en MAG (such as ANUL MAGIC, dispells.  Even my direct damage spells are resisted by this mob !?   What should I do best to lower down its shield ?

By,
Alrazor
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:26 am »

you have to be in melee range to cast spells on Dragonslave (like they did with old school dragons at one point, before they put in mob summon)

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »

Dragonslave, and many other dragons around Norrath, are what we call "belly casters". As the name suggests, you must be in very close range to cast any spell on them.  If you turn on auto-attack and cannot hit them from the distance you are standing, all of you spells will be resisted.  Some of them even require you to be inside of the target ring, simply being in melee range is not close enough.  Not sure how many belly casters are still like this on the EMU, but there were quite a few on live.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 04:42:42 am »

Hi Dethundrel,

Thanks for informed me about "belly casters", never heard of it before.
Yesterday I tried to use my BST-CLR-MAG-combination in close range of Dragonslave and all were slashed within the next 10 seconds.  After an OCC-call, a good soul helped me to kill DS.  I saw he had an epic 3.0, awsome  Grin
So, I think everyone should get some help to get his epics before dealing with such mobs, or am I wrong here ?
I think to get the book at Terrorantula, same way of playing.  We'll see...  later on, I hope also to help people to get their epics  Wink

Bye,
Alrazor
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:51 pm »

As long as you are not including a tank in your group you will always need help getting your epics. As you progress along you will also need help even getting gear. With that setup you will never be self sufficient when forward gearing.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 04:20:41 am »

Hi Xiggie,

OK, I had already the intention to level tank-toons.  I had even read before on this form that you could a 'powerlevel' of 3 toons : WAR+SHK+PAL.  But can you give me some tips about Powerleveling ?  How do you do that ?  Is the pally the healer for the War+Shk ?   Do I use the custom-zones for powerleveling or not ?  Perhaps there exist a guide somewhere on this forem  Wink

Another question, about epics.  I managed (with some help of good souls) to get my epic 1.5 for my CLR.  What does an epic really do.  I see the base damage is not so high, but it works as a buff for my pet.  Does there exist a list or guide where epics are explained ?

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 05:08:41 am »

Hi Xiggie,

OK, I had already the intention to level tank-toons.  I had even read before on this form that you could a 'powerlevel' of 3 toons : WAR+SHK+PAL.  But can you give me some tips about Powerleveling ?  How do you do that ?  Is the pally the healer for the War+Shk ?   Do I use the custom-zones for powerleveling or not ?  Perhaps there exist a guide somewhere on this forem  Wink

Another question, about epics.  I managed (with some help of good souls) to get my epic 1.5 for my CLR.  What does an epic really do.  I see the base damage is not so high, but it works as a buff for my pet.  Does there exist a list or guide where epics are explained ?

Bye,
Alrazor

There are different formats to powerlevelling. Most revolve around other toons (shammy 3.0-4.0 epic click for hp, bards with 3.0 or higher grouping to get ds songs on then ungrouping  quickly while songs pulse) buffing low levels until they are level 47, then using overgeared toon (usually a war) to group and clear pofire a couple times to hit 70.

Cleric epics are mainly for their click effects not their damage...
Epic 3.0 is a shield with epic click of 300% more heals, 3.5/4.0 is a mace with epic stonewall click. While the damage on the 3.5+ isnt great it does proc a group heal similar to paladins.

I haven't done a search on the forums in awhile, but last time i looked there wasn't a recently maintained listing of Epics and their effects. If you are curious about a certain epic ask for someone to link one in ooc.

Bst 1.5-2.0 epic is a click buff for your pet, the 2.5-4.0 are click pet summons.
Mage 1.5-2.0 click pet buffs, 2.5-4.0 are pet summons.

So cleric you will need to do 1.5-3.0 twice so that you have 3.0 shield and another that you can upgrade to 3.5+ mace

Bst you will want to do up to 2.0 3 times so that you can keep a 2.0 pet buff, and then upgrade the other two to 5.0 eventually since they dual wield

Mage is similar to BST, do two up to 2.0. Keep one 2.0 for pet buff and then use one for upgrading up to 5.0 eventually.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 09:26:21 am »

Hi Funkinmofo,

1/ About powerlevelling : OK, I understand that I need help from better toons to level new toons of mine.  But when you level 3 new toons (WAR+PAL+SHK) in group, it should go rather faster than level them separately ?

2/ Concering Epics : I mixed up a bit.  I mean't that I got my first epic 1.5 for MAG (and not CLR).  But anyway, your answer welcome concering epics for my toons.  When you talk about 'upgrading' an Epic, is this with augs you have to put in an magicbox together with your epic-weapon ?

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 11:33:45 am »

Alrazor,

1) No its faster to powerlevel a toon one at a time. But if you are just playing the toon through progression content (field of bone, paludal, mistmoore, dulak, bot,etc) then 3 toons working together would probably kill faster if you are doing it without the benefit of buffs.

2) Epics: No when I say upgrading an epic i mean going from 1.0 to 1.5, 1.5 to 2.0 etc.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 01:35:18 pm »

Given what you have available as your already lvl 70 toons, (bst clr mage) I would use the mage to ds you, use the cleric to buff you and put on a HoT and pull a few mobs with your toon you are raising. The idea would be to hopefully kill them before the HoT wears off and you run out of hp. Not nearly as fast as you will be able to later but certainly faster than your first time through. I would probably use the mage to plvl from 47 to 70 since you have the 1.5 for it. Just find a zone that has mobs your mage can get exp in at 70 and that you can get your toons in at 47, that your mage can kill in.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »

Given what you have available as your already lvl 70 toons, (bst clr mage) I would use the mage to ds you, use the cleric to buff you and put on a HoT and pull a few mobs with your toon you are raising. The idea would be to hopefully kill them before the HoT wears off and you run out of hp. Not nearly as fast as you will be able to later but certainly faster than your first time through. I would probably use the mage to plvl from 47 to 70 since you have the 1.5 for it. Just find a zone that has mobs your mage can get exp in at 70 and that you can get your toons in at 47, that your mage can kill in.

Good advice.
The other alternative is focus on your mage and get him his 3.0. The pet is very powerful and would make it far easier to level and gear up your other characters.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)