Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:40:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Boss questions  (Read 26230 times)
Temuli

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »

I can take down Time bosses with my war/pal except for Dragon Slave, where the best I can do is tank indefinitely with him at 99% health.

Obviously my best bet is to get an extra person or two to help out, but in the interests of self-sufficiency and for the fun of reading forum opinions...

What would be the best henchman combo here? I have been using shaman/monk but for all I know the shaman's slow is mitigated to nothing and I might as well go monk/monk or monk/wizard.

How do LDoN bosses compare? I'm thinking maybe I could skip ahead, and maybe score some weapons which would help me take out DS. This pre-supposes LDon bosses are more on par with Time bosses 1-9, but if they are just as tough as DS then this is off the table for now.

Terrorantula - the only reason I can't answer this myself is because he's been camped the couple of times I went to check. Is he as hard or even tougher than Dragon Slave?
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:13:11 pm »

Terror is slightly harder than DS. Ldon doesn't drop any weapons, so that won't help you. Ldon bosses are probably somewhat less difficult than DS, but might still pose problems.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:14:21 pm »

Hard to respond about your team setup without knowing what gear you are running (what weapons, any augs,etc)
If you absolutely have to use henchmen in time use wizards.
Ldon bosses with your combo shouldn't be an issue, but the fights are going to drag on due to your lack of dps.
As to Terrortantula definitely harder than DS
Farm gems for plat and pay for a couple 2.0 runs for your war, then focus on getting him into the fighters guild so you can get his 2.5.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

LDoN bosses have less HP, and regen a lot less.  However, they hit quite a bit harder.  Wiz/Wiz is what I used when I first did time, 6k dmg from their nuke does help a little bit.  The trickle of the others DPS just doesn't really do much aginst his regen. 

Terrorantula is quite a bit harder than Dragon Slave.  More HP, higher regen, hits harder and has quite a Damage Shield on him.

A quick /ooc askin for help will save you a lot of time and work.  A few people are very friendly and willing to help.
tholumar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 02:21:32 pm »

The shaman slow does work on DS. It made a huge difference for me. The other thing is add the Spirit of the Panther proc spell to your war/pal combo to increase DPS. It makes a pretty big difference.

I used a full group (Time Gear) when I killed him the first time, I started with War/Pal/Mage and I couldn't get him down because without slow he'd always kill someone and the DPS would be shot.

I added a MNK/PAL/SHM to my group and he went down easily, but the SHM was actually a big help at that level.

Thol
lordlarwin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 02:42:59 am »

shamans are awsome help with dps but dont count on theier slows they are pretty much useless still

Temuli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 09:26:05 am »

For the benefit of anyone reading this in the future, I can report that the first LDoN boss is indeed much easier than Dragon Slave. Upgrade gear over PoTime to be had.

Also, I managed to crawl as far as the entry to LDoN 5 with my war/pal duo but a 3-pull of frogs > me.

Thanks all for your input, very helpful.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 12:22:28 pm »

For the benefit of anyone reading this in the future, I can report that the first LDoN boss is indeed much easier than Dragon Slave. Upgrade gear over PoTime to be had.

Also, I managed to crawl as far as the entry to LDoN 5 with my war/pal duo but a 3-pull of frogs > me.

Thanks all for your input, very helpful.

The frogs in 5 hit pretty damn hard.  Also in 6, the entrance frogs seem to hit harder than any other mob(non-boss) in zone.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
zoink

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »

I fee your pain a bit. I'm a kind of person who wants to see and beat the content level appropriately. I'm not too interested in having an over geared toon come in and kill stuff for me though that seems to be the advice given out frequently. I can only give you boss advice up to MoW, because I couldn't find a way to beat him. My tank couldn't take his quad hits without stonewall up in level appropriate gear (1.5s, LDoN, FG) and my DPS wasn't good enough to get him down before stonewall dropped, so I've haven't really logged on in a bit.

Dragonslave, Terror, Quill are mostly dps tests. You really just have to be able to outdps the regen as you discovered on DS. The big difference for me came when I installed MQ2 and was able to 6box. At that point I could have DS down before stonewall dropped on my warrior. I could get Terror/Quill to 25% or so when stonewall dropped and would just spam heal my warrior the last little bit. Also, if you have a class that can dispell the Damage Shield on Terror/Quill, that really helps. All the page bosses in LDoN are totally doable if you can kill Dragonslave. Good luck with MoW and hopefully you'll figure out something I couldn't. The adds themselves were somewhat manageable, but pulling my healer off the warrior to heal up himself or an off tank got really dangerous when stonewall dropped and I was never able to work that out. My tank at about 16k health, would go from 75%+ health to the loadscreen in one round it seemed. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it sure seemed like that =)

Anyway, good luck and I hope this helped.
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »

Killing the MOW usually requires asking someone for help, that's all.  It is a quick kill and not hard for a 3.0 level toon.  Give that a try.
zoink

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 03:11:56 pm »

How did people kill MoW before there were 3.0 toons? Did it require a raid force? I'm guessing at some point all people had were 1.5s and managed to kill him.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »

MoW is difficult with a single group of 1.5's in LDoN armor.  It requires good healing and quick shifts to the adds to take them down without spawning more.  I'd say that if you have yet to equip a toon with a 2.0 MoW is usually a two group fight.  As you add 2.0's you get to the point where you can single group him more easily.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 09:16:17 am »

Hi guys,

earlier in this thread, FUNKINMOTO said the following : "Farm gems for plat and pay for a couple 2.0"    So, can you really BUY your epics instead of killing bosses  Shocked ?  To what vendor should I go and for how many plat ?

Bye,
Alrazor
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 09:21:02 am »

No vendors sell 2.0.
Farm gems for plat to buy 2.0 runs from another player.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 01:05:27 pm »

Hello Zoink,

In your message, you said that you should dispell the damageshield of Dragonslayer and other difficult mobs.  What toon can best do this and what spell exactely.   I have a BST+CLR+WIZ.  Is this doable with this treebox ?

Bye,
Alrazor
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110