Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 09:40:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello all, New here.  (Read 8873 times)
Flawless

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 05:38:45 pm »

Today i made a char on EZ server. This is my first char and im getting the server a try. I have made a monk and i am liking it so fare. I played EQ 1 from from the start till about one year ago.

As of right now the server is very very fun, i was wondering how is the end game? Players, population, Raids and so on?

Also How is the epics obtained? Can i do it by  msyelf or does it still take groups?

Thank you for your time and hope to see people ingame!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:54:18 pm »

Welcome to EZ...

Use the Search function and type epics.. there are plenty of info that that little things provides..

Plus you might stumble on other stuff that would be good to know too..

This is still a good link http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=12.0

and this http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=87.0  (Which is almost the same as Stad's but semi outdated with the newer stuff)

Search is so damn cool...

Below is taken from Stad...

SERVER SPECIFIC Q&A

Q. How do i set up my EQ client?
A. Well believe it or not i hear this one occasionally. Not exactly frequent but meh. Obviously usually pertaining to switching from one client to another.
Check the thread here: Link here

Q. Whats the difference between Titanium and SoF/SoD?
A. Check this thread. Link here.

Q. What's the max level here?
A. 70

Q. May we use MQ2 here?
A. EZ Server will allow MQ2 to be used for the Map and Stick features.
Anyone caught targeting mobs thru walls, ghosting, warping, or any other plugins to gain an unfair advantage WILL BE BANNED! We may even ban your IP and all of your boxes if needed.
We have new custom source code to detect this stuff. You have been warned.
Report to moderator   Logged
Hunter - EZ Server GM

Q. Where do i get MQ2?
A. You can download MQ2 that works on are server here. http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php  Just click your client and download the full.

Q. Do you get bots on this server?
A. You don't. Bots are not used on EZ server. Some people may respond to this question and tell you that you get them in Plane of Time. This is a misconception as the bots/mercs they are referring to are npcs that act exactly like pets (because they are pets. "Hiring" one activates a quest script that forces your toon to use the "#makepet" command to summon these pets from the database without a spell.) and are only available in that zone.

Q. How many toons can i box here?
A. There is no IP limit so you can box as many toons as your computer can handle.

Q. Where do i get maps?
A. http://www.mapfiend.net/

Q. Is ooc server wide here?
A. Yes as is /auction. On every Emu server /ooc is a server wide channel due to the previous lack of correct implementation of the general chat channels. SoD/SoF still have issues with chat channels on some servers (EZ included) but they work for Titanium. Also every server has the ability to make /ooc and /auction server wide or not server wide however here they ARE server wide so there ya go lol.

Q. How do ldons work here?
A. ldons are instanced here as all zones. There are 6 currently existing levels.
1. The Spider Den (mirc)
2. The Chambers of Eternal Affliction (mmcd)
3. The Royal Observatory (takd)
4. The Arena of Chance (ruji)
5. The Cauldron of Lost Souls (guka)
6. The Morbid Laboratory (mirh)
ldon1 drops no cards and has no named. As for the rest, all cards minus the Illusionist cards can drop on all levels except ldon1, but certain cards are more common on certain floors and to expect them elsewhere is foolish.
ldon2=feet/hands
ldon3=arms/head
ldon4=bracers/legs(bracers have an increased drop rate since you need two bracers)
ldon5=chest
ldon6=illusion
Points are now handled through the Gatekeeper by handing him certain objects found in the ldon floors. The first is the ldon point coins. There are two types, "Ldon Credits 10" (Trash) and "Ldon Credits 50" (Named), they net you 10 and 50 credits respectively obviously. You can also trade in armor cards (except illusion cards) and charm upgrades for 10% of their purchase value (feet/hands=30 points, arms/head=40 points, bracers/legs=50 points, chest=60 points, charm upgrades=200 points.) For what those cards cost to buy back simply multiply those points by 10 (feet/hands=300 points, arms/head=400 points, bracers/legs=500 points, chest/illusion=600 points, charm upgrades=2000 points.) Ldon levels 2-6 also have 2 2.0 pages per floor.

TROUBLESHOOTING Q&A

Q. Why am i seeing "Unknown Spell" effects?
A. You're missing the custom spell file. Follow this link: Link here
Go to your Everquest directory and find the old "spells_us.txt" file and move it somewhere safe. Now drop the file you just downloaded into your EQ directory. If you were already in Everquest you must completely exit the client and log back in for the changes to take effect.

Q. What is a spell file?
A. spells_us.txt is a text file that the client reads prior to entering the character select screen. It's a list of numbers and letters indicating different spell fields and effects. The spell file only allows connection with the spells in the database (you can't have one without the other) and usage of spells. It has absolutely no effect on in game graphics for spells.

Q. Why can't i enter Highpass Hold it says "unknown zone"?
A. You can't zone there with SoD, SOF or Underfoot.  You can with Titanium.
If you're looking for the polished granite tomahawk there are several spawn points in East Karana, and it is a better place to farm it even if you could zone into Highpass.  The spawn points are at the bottom of the ramp and the gnoll camp nearby

Q. Why can't i enter BOT while im 60 or higher?
A. You are probably using another client then Titanium, SOD or SOF which have no problems.
If you use Underfoot then you miss several files see following topic to solve this.
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UFMissingFilesList

Q. Why are there humans in South Ro/Oasis etc?
A. If you're using SoF/SoD these zones will not boot their models properly meaning only globaly booted models will show (player character models/ alligators/ elementals etc) There are a couple ways to fix this. The easiest being changing the mobs booted in the zonename_chr.txt files. It seems even though you are using the old zone files it uses the new zone's _chr file for model booting (as opposed to the old one). Thus your best bet would be to make sure the following files look as shown below:
(Note: SoF only has sro_chr.txt and nro_chr.txt by default, SoD doesn't have any of these. If your client doesn't already have one of these files just open up Notepad and copy these down and name each one appropriately.)

sro_chr.txt:                 nro_chr.txt                 oasis_chr.txt
bet,rathemtn_chr
bgm,qeynos_chr
spi,velketor_chr
cst,cst
dke,dke
fgh,fgh_chr
gem,paineel_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gia,southkarana_chr
gob,runnyeye_chr
mmy,mmy_chr
pma,pma
qcm,qeynos_chr
qcf,qeynos_chr
rom,rom_chr
sha,oot_chr
snk,snk
spq,spq
tar,tar
zom,fearplane_chr
zof,fearplane_chr
sna,qeytoqrg_chr
pum,iceclad_chr
orc,crushbone_chr    26
arm,oggok_chr
rat,akanon_chr
bet,rathemtn_chr
spi,velketor_chr
bgm,qeynos_chr
btn,btn
eef,eef
fpm,freporte_chr
gdm,unrest_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gob,runnyeye_chr
gia,southkarana_chr
mmy,mmy_chr
pma,pma
qcm,qeynos_chr
qcf,qeynos_chr
rtn,rtn
snk,snk
tar,tar
cst,cst
fgh,fgh_chr
gem,hole_chr
zom,fearplane_chr
zof,fearplane_chr
pma,iceclad_chr
sna,qeytoqrg_chr    11
orc,crushbone_chr
spi,velketor_chr
sna,qeytoqrg_chr
bgm,qeynos_chr
bet,rathemtn_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gob_runnyeye_chr
zom,rathemtn_chr
zof,rathemtn_chr
pum,iceclad_chr
gia,southkarana_chr

If you used the old GlobalLoad.txt fix for this bug simply open the file and erase what YOU put inside. Be careful what you take out as it may cause some models to no longer display or worse yet break your game.

Q. Why am i not in Surefall? I'm in The Arena.
A. There is a charm in your inventory by default. So right click it and it will port you to Surefall.

Q. What's the max level here?
A. 70

EZ SERVER GAMEPLAY Q&A

Q. Where do i get my spells
A. In Surefall Glade and The Nexus there is a High Elf NPC named "Trainer". Her surname (the title underneath her name in parenthesis) states "Spell Scriber". In Surefall she is located near the bull's eye set up on the opposite side of the zone from the soul binder near the zone in from Qeynos Hills. In the Nexus she is located next to the banker. There is one in the CG and FG guilds as well but if you don't know about the spell scriber by the time you gain access to a guild i'm sorry but you're lost >.< lol Hailing her brings up the options to scribe your spells, train in meditiate, train your swimming, train in your bard skills or put one point in each of your tradeskills (to allow usage and skill ups)

Q. HEALERS READ THIS!!!!!
A. Always cast the spell Focus of Healing(LVL1 Self only spell)

Q. DAMAGE OVER TIME (POISON CASTERS)
A. Always cast the spell Focus of damage over time poison(LVL1 Self only spell)

Q. How do i get back from <insert zone name here> to Surefall?
A. There is a charm in your inventory by default. So right click it and it will port you to Surefall.

Q. What does CG/FG stand for?
A. Caster's Guild/ Fighter's Guild respectively.

Q. How do i gain access to CG/FG
A. You must be level 70 to begin the quests. After you obtain level 70 speak to Hyacinthe (Caster's Guild) or Melwithe (Fighter's Guild) in the Nexus to begin. Follow the following links for guides/walkthroughs:
Overall Guide thread: Link here

Q. How do i do <insert epic number here>
A. 1.0 is bought free from Epic Vendor in Surefall Glade, The Nexus and both guild halls. Epic Vendor also provides the quests for 1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 and 4.0. The 4.0 you likely will not be seeing for a LONG time so ignore it for now.
Guide Thread: Link Here
You must be level 70 to start 1.5-3.0. The quests are custom and are not the same as Live. Terrorantula/Quillmane for the 1.5 are NOT the same as they are on Live so please don't zone into South Ro at level 50 asking where Terror is then being surprised when you get 1 rounded. You've been warned. 1.5-2.0 epics are the same as they are on Live. NONE of the epics are Lore so dual wielding classes can do it 2 times for 2 3.0s (for Rangers you can do it 3 times for 2 swords and a 3.0 bow. You can only get the epic bow at 3.0, not 1.5-2.5) The clickies on 2.5-3.0 are different than the 1.5-2.0 so you can get your 3.0 then go back and get a 1.5/2.0 for the clickies if you so desire (some classes may be advised to do this actually)

Q. How do you upgrade a charm?
A. You must buy the Noobie Charm V2 off the Noobie Vendor and then find a Charm Upgrade from ldon levels 2-6 (VERY rare). Turn in the noob charm with the upgrade for it's corresponding charm. To continue to upgrade it you must find the same upgrade as your current charm. The charm's go up to lvl 50 (only up to 25 from ldons. 26-50 are from T3 raid content) The charm types are as follows:
Guardian: A Tank charm.
Oracle: a healer charm. Has a healing focus.
Sorcerer: A Spell DPS charm. Has a Spell damage increase focus.
Brawler: A Melee DPS charm. it adds +DMG and +CRIT% to most skills.
There is also an Ultimate Charm made by combining level 50 versions of all 4 charms together.
Here some stats on charms. Link here

Q. What benefits come from the guilds?
A. CG:
          Casting Skills maxed and over capped.
          If you have a pet you can now also hail him to buff you (same as Nexus/Surefall buff bot) and to equip your pet with:
          And the following items you can obtain free

Masters Ring
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
         Slot: FINGERS
         AC: 100
          Effect: Casters Guild Pet (Must Equip, Casting Time: 20.0) (Level 70)
         HP: +1000 MANA: +1000
         Mana Regeneration: +10
Required level of 70.
Recommended level of 70.
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: DRU BRD SHM NEC MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1: Type 7

Shrimp's Manastone
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Effect: Ancient: Ancestral Calling (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant) (Level 0)
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL

Planar Blood Brew
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
MANA: +700
Mana Regeneration: +70
WT: 0.4 Size: SMALL

Casters Guild Ring
Effect: Casters Guild Teleport (Any Slot, Casting Time: 8.0) (Level 65)
Required level of 65.
WT: 0.8 Size: TINY
Slot 1: Type 8

FG:
Melee combat skills maxed and overcapped.
And the following items you can obtain free

Hypno's Stone of Resurrection
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Effect: Reviviscence (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant) (Level 0)
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL

Dried Seaweed
NO TRADE
HP: +700
WT: 0.5 Size: TINY
Fighters Guild Ring
Effect: Fighters Guild Teleport (Any Slot, Casting Time: 8.0) (Level 65)
Required level of 65.
WT: 0.8 Size: TINY
Slot 1: Type 8

Q. Can you give those CG fireswords to any pet or just your own?/Where do i buy the CG fireswords for my pet?
A. You never actually get your hands on those swords. When you become CG flagged hailing your pet brings up the option to equip one of those swords. clicking the saylink forces him to equip one, clicking it again forces it to equip 2. So no you cannot give it to any other pets and you don't buy it anywhere.

Q. Who can use the CG pet ring?
A. DRUID BARD SHAMAN NECROMANCER MAGICIAN ENCHANTER BEASTLORD

Q. What does RoA stand for?
A. Ring of the Ages

Q. What do you do for RoA?
A. You must obtain level 70. After that you may unequip all your armor and hail the RoA NPC in Surefall. Hailing her gets you a no-stat RoA rank 0. Hand her the no stat RoA (or the RoA you want to upgrade) and she will delevel you and you must level to 70 again, she hands you the RoA back upgraded when she delevels you. There is a max rank of 100. The ring has no required level until rank 51. Eventually you need to use tradeskills to level. Apparently the rank 100 clicky absorbs 9500 dmg.
Some Stats you can see here. Link Here

Q. What is the lowest level that can group with <insert level here>
A. To find the lowest level a person can group with simply take 2/3rds their level. For the highest level someone can group with take their level plus half their level. As a tidbit of info as well the lowest level a level 70 can group with is 47. Also keep in mind the low level player will not get experience from a kill if the high level person doesn't either. So keep that in mind before you start screaming that the numbers must be wrong.

Q. What's the minimum level to enter Plane of Fire?
A. 47

Q. What's the max level you can be in Dulak's Harbor?
A. 61 you will no longer be able to zone in at or you will be booted out if you're already in the zone when you ding. Keep in mind get a full set here as it is the last set without level restrictions which is good for ROA leveling

Q. Does the mage spell Raging Servant or the Beastlord spell Beastial Empathy work here?
A. No. By default those pets are not sourced into the database (for some reason) and Hunter has not added them by hand yet.
The spells themselves work and are in the game however because the pets either aren't in the "NPC_Types" table or the "Pets" table in the database (one or the other or both)
they can't be spawned because they simply don't exist. Of course Hunter has the ability to fix this at anytime but trust me it's not that much of an issue here so i wouldn't worry about it.

Q. How do i use melody?
A. /melody now works properly. Set it up as follows "/melody 1 2 3 4"

Q. Where do i turn in/do with <insert any of the bag of platinum rewards given by noobie quests>
A. You don't turn it in to anyone. You sell it for platinum just like any other vendor trash =D

Q. What tier comes after <insert zone here>
A. Tiers are as follows:
             Plane of Time A
             LDoN zones
             Qvic
             Tacvi
             T1 Plane of Dragons (Grassy section of Plane of Storms)
             T2 Plane of Dragons (Desert section of Plane of Storms)
             T3 Plane of Gods (Halls of Honor A)
             T4 Plane of Gods (Plane of Sky)
             T5 The Abyss

Contrary to popular belief Qvic is NOT T1, Plane of Dragons is (AKA Plane of Storms on Live)

Q. What armor drops where?
A. Armor drops by "What zone they're in now=What zone they were in on Live"
Field of Bone=custom
Oasis/Paludal Caverns/Mistmoore Castle=Old Sebilis/Thurgadin
Dulak=Vex Thal
Bastion of Thunder=Plane of Time B
Plane of Time A=Tacvi
Ldon=Citadel of Anguish
Qvic=Dreadspire
Tacvi onwards=custom

Q. How do i turn off /melody?
A. /melody off

Q. Where does the item Alacaramba is looking for drop in FoB?
A. An item with a gun icon. Off giant scorpions in the pit.

Q. How do you open up the Discipline window?
A. Alt+C

Q. What is the stat cap with AAs maxed?
A. 355=stats 550=resists.
Certain classes get even more AAs for example casters can get int/wis cap raised to 405 with max AAs. Also remember some buffs raise the cap of stats

Q. What are the negative mana augs for on the Noobie Vendor?
A. Mana cap for upper tier people using the Titanium Client. People using SoF or SoD do not have this mana cap and do not need those augs.

Q. What level do mage spell pets become better than 1.0 pet?
A. 65.

Q. What's the command for autofiring?
A. /autofire... lol

Q. How do i get the buff bot to buff my pet?
A. CG/FG guilds and the Pet Affinity AA.

Q. Where's a good place to get money?
A. See thread here with ideas: Link here.

Q. Where do augments drop
A. They start to drop in Plane of Fear(Named ones) and LDON(RNG) then QVIC and higher zones.

Q. What's does RNG means?
A. Random number Generator meaning with luck it drops.

Q. Where do Legs and Breastplate drops for sets?
A. Most of the time they dropped from names so lookup the named monsters in this zone.

Q. When should i start to worry about AA?
A. Once you are 70 they will flow in so don't worry about it before.

Q. Where can i lookup specific item info?
A. You can always go through the 60000+ characters in magelo or you can have a look at the armor set guide. Link Here.

Q. What's with The Waypoint?
A. You can use it to create an instance of the zone.
You know can obtain a free item from vendors to summon your waypoint in each zone.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:59:22 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
ronthedon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:05 pm »

welcome to the server =) Gnomemercy
ronthedon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »

and Nice read bro
Pages: [1]
Print