Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:32:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: RoA questions.  (Read 12819 times)
Giggity

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:18:02 pm »

So what is the best way to RoA now?  I don't really have a druid/shaman/or bard.

Requiem for a Dream.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:19:16 pm »

well, then your roa'ing is going to suck.

bard/shaman is really the ideal setup.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:49:07 pm »

that was overly insightful and I appreciate your input, but did you have anything to back that up?  I have never done an RoA so I'm trying to get advice, not just people saying it's going to suck lol.

Thanks

Requiem for a Dream.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »

Ideally you'll want druid regen, a hp buff, mage damage shield at the very least.  Without those, RoA will be painfully slow. 

I would suggest that leveling a Shaman, Druid and Mage (or Bard) to 70 and getting them epics would be the way to go before you start your RoA.  It might seem like a lot of work, but you'll save so much time on an RoA level that you'll recoup the time before you hit RoA 10.

Some people find RoA with a Bard to be too much screen swapping (to play the bard song till the pull arrives and remove the bard from group so he doesn't hog the exp).  The alternative is to use mage damage shield till you hit level 21 and then cast Kraken with the shaman for added dps to speed the kills.

I realize you are looking for advice on how to RoA without the support team, but honestly the only advice you're going to see is DON'T do it!  hehe.

Have fun

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »

Ideally you'll want druid regen, a hp buff, mage damage shield at the very least.  Without those, RoA will be painfully slow. 

I would suggest that leveling a Shaman, Druid and Mage (or Bard) to 70 and getting them epics would be the way to go before you start your RoA.  It might seem like a lot of work, but you'll save so much time on an RoA level that you'll recoup the time before you hit RoA 10.

Some people find RoA with a Bard to be too much screen swapping (to play the bard song till the pull arrives and remove the bard from group so he doesn't hog the exp).  The alternative is to use mage damage shield till you hit level 21 and then cast Kraken with the shaman for added dps to speed the kills.

I realize you are looking for advice on how to RoA without the support team, but honestly the only advice you're going to see is DON'T do it!  hehe.

Have fun

Thanks man!  I do alot of screen swapping as it is on warrior/paladin duo so I don't mind that as much, I might do a bard and see how that goes.

Requiem for a Dream.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 02:56:25 pm »

that was overly insightful and I appreciate your input, but did you have anything to back that up?  I have never done an RoA so I'm trying to get advice, not just people saying it's going to suck lol.

Thanks

Before the XP nerf, I had no problem doing a rank of ROA with simply druid epic regen(before that was changed as well), damage shield, and hp buff from cleric.  I could do a rank in about 45 mins and i wasn't using anywhere near the optimal setup(Shammy buff, bard DS, augged out warrior for fire).

Now, I can't use just that setup anymore and expect anywhere near the same results due to the xp nerf, and druid regen nerf(which isn't really a nerf cause it drops as a spell now).  It'll take me 10x as long to gain a rank now.  However, if I made perhaps a shammy or just a bard and an aoe war, you could still level your ROA relatively quickly.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »

I do have a warrior but only have sword is auged.  I am trying to get the other done too, but wanted to finish up Qvic and Tacvi =).

however, I do think that starting a bard would be a good idea for RoA.  I was told you can go from 1-70 in about 20 minutes with a bard, and warrior in PoFire.

I don't really care for doing it all at once or anything, just when Im bord and have an hour to burn just doing a couple a day or so

Thanks for all your help though guys!

Requiem for a Dream.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »

With shammy buff and bard you can get to around 47 in 10 minutes, if you know what zone to hit.  war with 4 V's can get you 47-70 in about 20 mins prob,  and overall its very fast considering the xp nerf.  I wasn't trying to say there's no other way but if you want to save yourself a lot of time, it'd benefit to make a bard and shaman if you want to ROA.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:25:00 am »

I've had no issues with just a mage / cleric for the first few rings, now at like lvl 8 I only need the mage and getting to 47 is easy enough.

I think I mentioned it on another post, or maybe in ooc one night I dont remember, but my journey goes like this:

1-20ish: PC just agro something and run to the bandits That gets me to between 18-21 in just that pull.
20-30: MM Just clear to the dogs and you should have that finished.
30-47: Persoanlly I still find Dulak a nice place to finish this off, prolly takes a little longer than say CoM or something, but I've noticed a rather quick spawn rate and I just hit the houses going counter clockwise then I hit the north boat to finish it off.
47-70: I use my mage to do this actually. 3.0 pet + velocity = just run around and agro stuff, if you get hit the mob is dead almost instantly, not as effective as a warrior with 4 Vs mass pulling and dropping everything, but it still gets the job done.

Overall takes me roughly an hour to do this once, although this pending other people mass pulling fire also.

One cool thing is a lot of AAs kick in before lvl 50, if it's a bug I've been exploiting my bad :E...2 in particular that come in handy is Finish Blow (I get a bunch of those in Dulak) and Delay Death (I've dinged while bleeding to death plenty of times Cheesy)

Edit: Should note that Im doing this as a warrior.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:29:18 am by Evilmog » Logged
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 12:28:52 am »

With shammy buff and bard you can get to around 47 in 10 minutes, if you know what zone to hit.  war with 4 V's can get you 47-70 in about 20 mins prob,  and overall its very fast considering the xp nerf.  I wasn't trying to say there's no other way but if you want to save yourself a lot of time, it'd benefit to make a bard and shaman if you want to ROA.

how do you get 4 V's on weps. It wont let me put 2 in my 3.0.
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:30:51 am »

There's a post about it here somewhere...Lemme dig it up.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1542.0

Pretty sure its explained there.
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:06 pm »

There's a post about it here somewhere...Lemme dig it up.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1542.0

Pretty sure its explained there.

I read that one before. Im able to put a V in the second slot, type 8, but in the 3.0 the first slot is type 4 wich V's dont go in. This method did not work for me unless im doing it wrong or unless the later warrior epics have all type 8's. Thats why I ask.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:11 pm »

I read that one before. Im able to put a V in the second slot, type 8, but in the 3.0 the first slot is type 4 wich V's dont go in. This method did not work for me unless im doing it wrong or unless the later warrior epics have all type 8's. Thats why I ask.

Are you sure you're using the right augs?  Angry Nerds are slot 4 & 8.  You should have no trouble filling all the slots in your weapon with them using those instructions.
iilil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 05:25:52 am »

Why a valid non-taunt question posted in RnF ?
just curious
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 10:41:21 am »

They were prolly expecting us to jump down each other's throats with the best way to RoA
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291