Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:46:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Fresh 70 dps troubles  (Read 13634 times)
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:06 pm »

Hey everyone. I've gotten my 6 box army to level 70 and I'm clearing potimea pretty well except for the last boss. I've killed him once though.

I also tried quillmane but only managed to get it down to 30% before my warrior's stonewall wore off and he got killed.

My wizard is pumping out instant 6k nukes, never running out of mana with my manastone. However, everyone else might as well just be standing around. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not running a parser, but I'm sure my wizard is easily out-damaging my whole team. If I had two wizards I think I could kill Quillmane before stonewall wore off. Why does everyone else suck?

WAR PAL PAL MNK WIZ CLR

PS my cleric runs out of mana in about 10 seconds so it's hardly worth even casting anything to try to keep the warrior up after stonewall wears off. Should I give my cleric a manastone and chain heal like I'm chain nuking with the wizard? I guess it would be neat to bind both the WIZ and CLR manastones to the same key, as well as the nuke/heal.

What should my next step be? The warrior has everything but quillmane down to get epic 1.5
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »

I run a war pal beast and cleric and had the same problums will quillmane and dragon slave. Your best bet is to ask someone to help you kill Quillmane or Terrorantula once and after that you should be able to kill them easly with wariror tanking. I would definatly work on pallys epics though. Clerics aren't really that good till you get them in casters guild and they get that shrimps stone (better manastone). All in all it comes down to just asking someone to help, trust me theres alot of good people on the server that have no problum running there and smashing them bosses. Hell if you see me (Napoleonn) online ask me ill help for sure. What you run though after you get first war/pal 1.5s the rest is pretty much easliy done alone. Master of weaponery is the only other thing you might need help with after that. Ldons is pretty easy with what your running.
weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:56:40 pm »

I run a war/cleric/pally/necro.

With full potime gear I could not tank quillmane nor dragonslave. Note I did not try stonewall on dragonslave(maybe I could have then? I don't know, I honestly had forgotten warriors had that ability!)

I ended up chain tapping dragonslave with my necro(he's rooted) and kiting terrantula/quill while chain tapping with my necro.

Asking for help won't hurt either. If I'm on and not busy I can help, and most people usually will also.

Good luck.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:57:15 pm »

Couple things to help. Make sure you have Focus of Healing up on both or your paladins. Try running them 2 handed if you have the aa's for extra swings. While it is important to gear your tank, you would be better off getting one or both Paladins their eipc first. Better epic = better heals. With 2 paladins you should have no problem takin out Dragonslave or Quill/Terror.
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to go at it myself for now. Like I said, I got quillmane to 30% on my own the first try so I know it's doable and I enjoy a challenge. That was a good idea about kiting. I may do that after stonewall runs out. If that doesn't work I will try a manastone on the cleric and chain-heal my warrior rather than trying to dps down faster.

Can Quillmane be snared?

I will get those paladin 1.5's asap.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

Yes he can be snared, however his regen is high and would be hard to drop with low DPS
tholumar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »

I was able to take him down with my team without any 1.5s, PAL/PAL/WAR/MAG/SHM/MNK ... the key for me was using the SHM DD proc spell and slowing DS (he can be slowed).

Doesn't look like your team has something that adds that.

If you're doing DS, make sure you get a bunch of wizard pets before you go up, their nuke adds some DD.
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:56 pm »

Got my cleric a manastone....quillmane down!
Appren

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 12:10:11 am »

Grats. It always feels better when you can do it without some epic 4.0 dude killing stuff for you Smiley

Appwar - 4.0 WAR
Appren - 3.0 SK
Gnoheal - 4.0 CLR
Apptwo - 4.0 MAG
Appthree 3.0 PAL
Corvac 4.0 PAL
and more...
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 05:31:15 pm »

Ask for help. Once you get one toon in a 2.5/3.0 you will be rolling through stuff.

Preferably paladin first as others have stated.

Your cleric will get to a point where he can chain cast group heal without going oom

Never forget focus of healing on any paladin or cleric.

Bitch please.
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:12:03 am »

I don't really like to roll through stuff. Quillmane was the first real challenge I've faced on the server. I'm currently rolling through LDON but I may have to re-handicap my group if it continues to be easy.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 11:57:07 am »

Oh? The server is easy? I might be able to fix that.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:48 pm »

Heh, I did zone into qvic once and got owned really hard with all 1.0 weapons. LDON seems really easy 1-4 so far though. I suppose it's balanced for solo/duo players rather than box armies?

My team is half 1.5 and half 1.0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:14:30 pm by 6 Crazy Pirates » Logged
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:30 pm »

Obviously you havent tried T5. It is one of the most challenging zones i have ever experianced.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »

Qvic, and then T1, and then T3 (hoh) and then 4.0 boss, and then all of T5 will be the challenging points as you reach them.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)