Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:38:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Trains  (Read 33239 times)
cantari

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »

Technically I don't allow trains at all, but if your in a private instance, who's going to report you? Now I'll have code to take care of you exploiters!

Just trying to get clarification on private instances.

So you are saying in them you will ban/boot people pulling >10 mobs at a time or going to ignore the information if it is in a private instance?
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 08:51:22 pm »

I agree with skeezy on this one, Before the instances the UC was a pain, It has remained so except for the instances that keep people from greifing one another. I for one have done it both ways and can tell you from experiance "The UC is a time sink, any way you cut it it will take time, Whether you pull entire zones or 10 at a time it does not come easy" I think it is a awesome concept we can have our own instances so we all get a chance at lvl's instead of the 3 we had before where if you were late to the party you had to hope the other guy in the instance wasnt POed that you were there. We all made it work and it will continue to work great if we all have some common curtesy.

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 08:51:44 pm »

As in live or any game for example becoming high geared takes time and with that you get the benefit of lower tier zones being easier with the 10 rule your basically saying all the effort you put in to gear means nothing in this aspect and I would like to hear your opinion on this Hunter as most things on this server is already pretty time consuming.

The fact that I can clear a zone several tiers lower than my char normally hunts does not mean that I should, or even that it is a moral thing to do.  The name for the act of a high level wasting a lower level zone for loot is "bottom feeding"  From the point of an observer it is a rude, arrogant behavior.  It is highly unfair competition to the players who are properly geared to be hunting at that zone level.

That being said, there are valid reasons to hunt down level.  The way you do that is to pop an instance so you do not impact the lower end of the community.  At a bare minimum of courtesy, if you do go bottom feeding in a public area you really should consider giving away the loots you do not need.

Like i said keep the rule of 10 live in public zones, now zones are pretty stable even if you train all of pofire or whatever zone you most likely wont crash and even if you do its most likely a client crash not zone so i still dont see the reason other then to slow down progression.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:54:03 pm by Tibador » Logged
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 08:53:08 pm »

oldpharte - Can't pop instances to avoid training rules any more.

And we *have* to kill tiers far below us (ldon/etc) for charm upgrades and essences in order to gear out Ultimate Charms and Weapon Augments.

I've personally never pulled more of 10 of anything in a zone with other people in it within a mile of me, unless it was like qvic or timea, in which i was rotting everything and the people near me were literally /cheering me on because i was doing it *for* them.

The training rule is there to protect the people in ldon/qvic type zones from getting steamrolled by greedy jerks who disregard the presence of others entirely. And i agree with it whole heartedly, because you really can't trust the masses to police themselves and always do the honorable thing.

But there's also times where you simply can't help it. If some poor paladin is on ldon 6 (and god knows why in the first place).. there's simply no way i'm going to be able to jump past him to an area he isnt killing... without spam killing 90% of the mobs around him by the time he finishes the 3 mobs already beating on him. Thats simply game mechanics. What you *can* do is let him know he's far better off in ldon 4 getting cards + potential for his specific charm drop. Or if he needs pages, you invite him along with you and give him half an hour of his life back. Thats where being a good guy and cooperating comes into play.

And in zones like qvic where people like me and Tibador are hunting one particular stupid drop and rotting all tokens and 99% of the armor and flawless gem drops, there's usually a few people in the zone cheering us on and thankful we are easing the steepest gear curve in the game (Time mobs/armor to Qvic mobs/armor) for them. If there is a group of one or two living people with a legit box going killing qvic content like god intended, i'm going to hit up ldon for charms or HoH for pages/tokens instead and let them enjoy their content the normal way. I *totally* get that. It's just been my experience that there is a mage, a rogue and a beastlord sitting LFG/AFK by the first boss spawn safepoint in qvic and 0 people actually running around 'struggling' their way through qvic. It's single toons looking for rots or other 'jerks like me' mowing stuff down praying for their particular class armor drop of the box thats /sticking behind me.

And a zone like Tacvi where a UC Warriror spams all 8 bosses at once, is likely going to /ooc 90% of the drops as rots for ppl to come loot, or he's in a guild instance where he's going to rot it regardless with no witnesses/victims. /shrug.

As for the 'counting mobs as i pull them' argument oldpharte makes, umm.. I can just continually hit autoattack on while i'm running and spam kill with less than 10 on me at all times, it just makes it an adventure to backtrack and loot it all. Which completely bends over the 'spirit of the law' but ends in the same amount of mobs killed per minute and the same amount of content deprived to the little guy, who's usually rooting for me to spam down the zone to begin with.... The exact same guy who is going to be charged twice as much by mercenaries for a qvic / ldon run if it takes 2-3x as long for them to yank 15 tokens worth of bosses taking baby steps.

It's all relative. Probably the one zone i *am* notorious for pulling 10 mobs in is plane of dragons on my paladin, which harms absolutely nobody and gets me killed the times when i forget i'm on the warrior screen instead of the paladin lol. Thats a bad example, of course, because there's a zillion dragons in PoD and even the staunchest forum warrior is going to have to get creative to figure out how that is detrimental to the server. Tongue

/hugs.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:00:13 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »

Technically I don't allow trains at all, but if your in a private instance, who's going to report you? Now I'll have code to take care of you exploiters!

So you are saying in them you will ban/boot people pulling >10 mobs at a time or going to ignore the information if it is in a private instance?

It's pretty clear he is saying if no one reports you, you have no worries. Obviously people cannot report you if you're in a private instance.

Bitch please.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:24 pm »

No i think what he is saying is that just because no one is reporting you that you are still exploiting his 10 rule.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:45 pm »

You know, there really was a time when all of the server could not handle more than just a few mobs in qvic. At one time it was considered end game to have full qvic and have a lvl 25 charm from ldon. Granted the server has changed since then it is not game breaking to not be able to pull qvic in 1 or 2 pulls.

Devious313

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:19 pm »

Nobody has to report you, the source code will either disconnect you or log your train to a file so he can punish you later.../shrug thats what I got out it.
cantari

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:30 pm »

It's pretty clear he is saying if no one reports you, you have no worries. Obviously people cannot report you if you're in a private instance.

Hmm, or it sounds like he is saying before he enables this code to allow him to log these details, nobody was reporting you, and now he will have the ability to "see" the players in private instances pulling more than 10 mobs, hence the "Now I'll have code to take care of you exploiters!"

Unless that last line was strictly sarcasm...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »

The 10 mob train rule has always been in effect, but bans have decreased since people don't get reported in their own instances. Now I have code to keep eye on you, even in your own instance! Muahah.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 09:05:19 pm »

blah... blah... blah, blah, blah!!!

Sir, I submit you seek excuses to not follow simple rules.  Put that childish behavior aside, it ill becomes you!

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 09:10:57 pm »

blah... blah... blah, blah, blah!!!

Sir, I submit you seek excuses to not follow simple rules.  Put that childish behavior aside, it ill becomes you!

Skeezy Ratty Troll

Dammit Skeezy, ask around. We're both known on this server for being good ppl who selflessly help others. Tongue lets stop pretending to bicker.

We both know the real reason i'm mad - pulling to a central location on a crappy computer makes looting about 5000x easier and keeps the Baby J from crying.

Plus it's a lot easier to laugh at the changes spaming T4 semi-afk fully UC'd than being down in the trenches in ldon, so nyah!

Hopefully it's another step in the right direction for eliminating botters. Thats the real positive i can draw from it.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Liveye

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:41 pm »

Can you change the wiz rain spell to something that isn't against the rules since it kills 4 mobs at a time with 3 waves? That's 12 mobs so it's breaking the rules by existing...
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:45 pm »

Oh come on lets not rush to grab pitchforks guys but i do think this rule is way out dated for the server and would appreciate taking a look from the players point of view as this is just going to make it that much harder to tier up.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 09:43:57 pm »

Can you change the wiz rain spell to something that isn't against the rules since it kills 4 mobs at a time with 3 waves? That's 12 mobs so it's breaking the rules by existing...

I can ban you for asking dumb questions.

Nice post count, f**.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95