Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:20:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Trains  (Read 33456 times)
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 10:09:03 pm »

Hey Smiley
nice topic, as i heard black, white, and grey about training and don't really know what to think.

the rule is 10 mobs in public custom zones (except PoFire), but some big farming custom quests are like ... train incitations.
i thought non-custom (if not bothering someone else), instanced custom zones, or empty zones, were more train friendly.
i don't want to ruin other's gametime and i thought this was a good compromise but i'm afraid i was wrong.

zone crashing (which nearly never happened to me), exploit ... issues i wish to know more about, in order to play fair.

questions about trains i do :
1/ is instanced (or empty) ldon4 cleaned in 2 pulls an exploit ? Because it is the only way i found to reach the 2K credits/hour average, which many UC farmers told me about in ooc.
2/ when training an instance, could it make public crash ?

again, my pleasure is linked to others having some too, and most of the time /tells pre-solved every problems i could have had (remaining problems were post-solved the same way), and i quite never experienced zone crashings.

english is not my birth language, sorry for mistakes, and don't look for sarcasms or second degree : just asking, not crying.

Zavaat

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 10:42:35 pm »

Did training in ldon guild / group instances stress the server? . Ive never crashed an instance before besides in HoH / Sky / T5.. and those crashes are just from killing 1 mob at a time usually.

viena

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 02:33:56 am »

I think there has been some confusion on this subject, because a train has been and always will be when you get someone killed or run the mobs to a zone and lose aggro, shouting "TRAIN TO ZONE"

A pull on the other hand is NOT a train, IE AOE groups that PULL half the zone and nuke/stun and no one dies. I think there would be a lot of clarification to new members if you said NO PULLS larger than 10.  I know I sure didn't think that was what it meant, and I am utterly shocked after playing on this server for a few months, I had no idea that this was how Hunter wanted his server to be. It completely changes the game. No wonder people are having a knee jerk reaction to this, I know I sure am.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 04:34:13 am »

People always overreact.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 04:56:17 am »

People always overreact.

copyleftdev

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 06:01:23 am »

deleteBard(true);
slowRoAProgression(true);
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 06:14:24 am »

deleteBard(true);

Silly goose... You can make trains any size in non-custom zones as long as you aren't doing it to grief another player. So PoI PLing with bard is still acceptable.. then train as you please in PoFire.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »

deleteBard(true);

napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 04:33:54 pm »

I'm all about the rules, but i thought instances were made for ever zone so you didn't have to train or cause anyone troubles? I know your not suppose to pull more then 10 but i thought if you payed the 100k plat for your own instance you were able to do whatever you want. Just wondering if theres any point in making a guild instance in ldons now if im gonna get banned for pulling more then 10?
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

I think people would like a definitive answer, yes or no will there be punishment for training in private instances, and what will the limits be?

If trains are a performance problem for the server then make it 20 mobs and say your 3rd offense you get disconnected.  Anything more than that would be just be overly punitive.

If you don't want people to train LDON make charms only drop from bosses or something.  15 min timer on them and nobody has a reason to train in LDON any more - which btw I find extremely tedious... fun the first few times you can clear LDON 6 from a to z in one swing of a warrior's epic  Cool  not that I would know about that...  Roll Eyes  otherwise it's just tedious, not fun.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:47:49 pm by walk2k » Logged

napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 04:57:27 pm »

To sum it up ya, a yes or no answer to that question would really clear up alot of things from what i read. I myself would like an answer to that question. Making it 15-20 mobs would be cool though. +1 to that idea. Either way your the boss man Hunter and i appricate what you offer. Thanks again.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 06:40:06 pm »

I vote for not getting a yes/no answer.  The speculation and "OMGZ THE WORLD IS ENDING" is entertaining.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:34 pm »

Yes, speculation is entertaining.

Officially, you'll only get banned so far if someone submits a FRAPS video of you training. Use your head.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Doragoon15

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:45 pm »

I'm not gonna lie...i think hunter is now the best troller on the forums!
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 11:59:54 pm »

6113 posts i think hes got us all beat forever  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis