Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 05:10:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ** Offical Halloween Notice **  (Read 13769 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »

Halloween Event will be on October 28 - 31.

There will be a new 4th tier boss after the 3rd tier Cazic Thule this year. He is much harder and will drop a lot of uber items.

There will be a video contest for this Halloween Event. Winners will receive Credits that can be used to obtain rewards, such as upgrading RoA, Charms, Flags, Epic Books, etc. Adding Title, Music, Theme, and Credits to make your video enjoyable will help you to win. There will be more than one winner too. Check out http://ezserver.online/vid_contest.php to see some quality videos that were done in the last Halloween Video Contest.

You can search the forums here to see what happened during last years event too. Learn about the different tier bosses, which zones they spawn in, and what loots are dropped. The Unrest Zone will probably be the most popular since that is where players turn their candy into a NPC in for a random reward.

I'll modify this post as I think of more to put on it.

Enjoy!

Hunter
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:13:55 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:38:10 pm »

Hi Hunter

Getting very excited now Smiley

Just wondering - would it be possible for:

1.  Permanent Waypoints at the zone in lines;
2.  Guild Instances (in Fear, Unrest, etc) to last the duration of the event?  

Would reduce the amount of people farming public and allow the smaller guilds a chance to band together more without the fear of the larger guilds riding in over the top of tier boss kills.

Just a thought anyway.

Strix

PS - Planning on wearing my Frogloc costume for the next 7 days straight!!!  Shopping is going to be fun Smiley
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:40:45 pm by Strix » Logged

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:49:03 am »

The ability to instance any zone already exists using the summon waypoint item.   It's just a matter of cost, 50k for groups and 100k for guild.

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:42 am »

Are there any events for people who aren't t3/t4 flagged? Is there even a flag for this or is it just "where" the boss will be?

Thank you kindly - this server so much damn fun already!
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:23:26 am »

This event is for everyone of all levels of advancement, although being level 70 with 1.5 or higher epics would probably be required...  When you kill a mob in one of the event zones it has a chance to spawn a boss.  When you kill that boss you get their loot, and a chance that the next tier of boss will spawn, and so on, up to a newly introduced 4th boss.  The 3rd boss, Cazic Thule was killed in the event a couple years ago when 3.0 was the highest epic available.  Work together and you'll be amazed how much fun it will be.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:26:51 pm »

The Halloween event runs pretty much like this:

Zones that are Halloween Themed, i.e. Plane of Nightmare, Unrest, etc have the chance to spawn a Halloween T1 mob triggered by killing any mob in that zone.  Of course the chance to spawn is fairly small, but still plenty that do.

Each Mob type drops the following items:

T1 Mob =  Buff Pet, 1K buff, Epic 1.5 Book, v1 Charm, and Halloween candy
T1 Mob =  Buff Pet, 3K buff, Epic 2.0 Book, v1 Charm, and Halloween candy
T1 Mob =  Buff Pet, 10K buff, Epic 3.0 Book, v1 Charm, and Halloween candy
T4 Mob =  Unknown

The candy can be turned into the NPC (Trick or Treat) in Unrest for FG/CG items and the chance to spawn a T3 (CT mob).

Needless to say, the fun never ends till the event ends.  Expect the server population to jump up around 500 ~ 600 through the event and lots of /ooc banter.

Bring on the fun!!

Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:02:05 pm »

T1 bosses are fairly easy...think PoTime boss

T2 bosses hit harder but one groupable with only epic 2.0 or so.  Soloable with 3.0 and good augs and armor.

T3 boss (Cazic Thule) was ramped up last year since he was still the highest level and peeps had 4.0's and tier 4 armor.  So we can't really compare him to his original form two years ago.  More HP, hits harder, probably need a couple groups of 3.5 - 4.0 toons to take him out effectively.  I was able to solo him for a while last year with one group of all 3.0 in full T2 armor, no special augs other than Angry Nerd IV's on warriors.  Group make-up was War, War, Pal, Pal, Rng, Rng.    I got him down to about 20% when my system became unstable from all the zoning and one of my warriors crashed.  Without two I couldn't keep up with the Death Touches since my Pally's couldn't hold up to him.  In all the fight had already lasted 30+ minutes when I lost the warrior.

So, to sum up...the event is for everyone.  Even if you're a total newbie and can't take out a T1 yet, there will be bunches of them popping and dropping.  Familiars, disguises and low level epic books will be rotting like crazy.  Just ask and most folks will tell ya "go ahead and loot."  I know I always do.  

Oh, and THANKS HUNTER for the return of the best event in EQ!
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 02:46:37 pm »

Sorry for the double post but I'm getting a glitch trying to modify the existing one and I forgot a couple points.

The permanent waypoint is probably being requested because of the 15 minute cooldown on the waypoint summoner.  During a Cazic fight you'll be zoning a lot and battle rez may or may not be an option.  That being said, the instance is there for our convenience, and if we choose to use it, we get the restrictions and limitations thereof.  Don't know if it's worth Hunters valuable coding time to allow us to be more anti-social than we already are.   Wink 

Another thing I'm remembering is that the halloween event reverts to an older code set to function properly.  Unless Hunter's updated it, for the duration of the event our pets will not buff us.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 03:38:49 pm »

The ability to instance any zone already exists using the summon waypoint item.   It's just a matter of cost, 50k for groups and 100k for guild.

Hey Camric

My thinking on a permanent waypoint is more around the speed of entry/return to an instance.  These boss fights can last a long time and there could be range of reasons why the speed of getting back (or into the instance) is critical.  Point is probably dead at this point Smiley

I'm ok with 100k for a guild instance but the instance should last the duration of the event.  It will be painful if the 72 hour instance ends 24 hours short of the conclusion of the event forcing you to make another for no other reason than a concern people might spam an instance of that zone.

My thoughts anyway.
Strix

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »

Correct, pets buffing players won't work during the event cause I have code that replaces the pet code in order to make the Halloween Event work. I could mix the two into one big sloppy spaghetti code but would take me a 100 hours to do and I don't have time.

Anyways, during halloween event, you won't be able to hail pets for buffs.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

Correct, pets buffing players won't work during the event cause I have code that replaces the pet code in order to make the Halloween Event work. I could mix the two into one big sloppy spaghetti code but would take me a 100 hours to do and I don't have time.

Extremely small price to pay for this fun event.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 03:44:13 pm »

The event is multiple zones, so there is always public zones, and if one zone is full of players, then try another. And if your guild is super elite to do the raid by themselves in a private instance, then I'm sure you go the 100k pp for the instance.

I had to make the spawn rate in Unrest faster last year due to the zone being empty of mobs.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:44 pm »

Extremely small price to pay for this fun event.

+1
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 08:05:21 pm »

just for the record, will summoning your buff pets still give you the hp bonuses during halloween? Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:12 pm »

Hey Ponzi

I think this clarifies that it won't work:

Correct, pets buffing players won't work during the event ... during halloween event, you won't be able to hail pets for buffs.

Strix

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061