Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:18:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: ** UCv2, T6, Epic 6.0 **  (Read 48640 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »

I'm looking at making an Ultimate Charm v2. Here are some ideas already.

Using Anguish as the new LDoN level 7, accessed via LDoN level 6.

Collect components for recipe in Anguish, to make upgrade components, to upgrade the UC to UC v2.

Mobs in Anguish will be as hard as T5 or higher.

It will be a drop for components and rewards, rather than a group reward, since last time I did LDoN points for group reward, we had 30+ afk people at zone line collecting points.

The UC v2 will be so powerful, that yes it'll make T4 trivial, so maybe make only T5 Flagged players (completed T4) can do this quest.

It won't be any easier or quicker than doing the first UC. And since mobs are harder than T5, you won't be able to solo farm this quest either.

I'll modify this post as needed as I think of more.

Please post your concerns about balance, grind, and in general how this quest should be created.

Thanks,

Hunter
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:49:28 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »

I like the idea hunter. Few concers i haev are. Harder then T5? so your going otmake the v2 as a riad zone?  and if your going to do anguish why not use some of the script already there? What i mean is this:

Mobs drop items randomly in zone to spawn a random boss.
Each boss drops a key component for the  UCv2. with one or two randome items comeing form zone.
Also make the UCV2 comonets just as rare form bosses as trash.

I am aware that this will bottleneck it but it'll also give a bigger challenge and make it just as hard/annoying as doing UC farming now.

Anohter option is to run the script and have the bosses be able tos apwn like shadow every 30 mins with a garentee of 1 item needed and have the trash drop rarely items that are needed for UC v2 or items to spawn the bosses *kinda like you did with magical stones just not as indepth.

Just my 2 cp!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »

Spell file is updated 102511

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:46 pm »

Just a thought here ... since it would fit many folks' need as well as theme..

I would love to see UC components of all levels drop here.  Much like Shadow drops level 1 and the upgrade maybe the trash and bosses could drop basic, and or upgrade with some regularity while the UC v2 components would be the rare drop.  Something like basic = 1/100, upgrade = 1/200 and V2 = 1/300'ish?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:26:01 pm »

There was a min/max value for the rune I guess, forgot to edit 1 field.

Will update Ultimate Charms Rune in a second, to 102511b.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »

is it intended to stack with the rune from ROA100?

henna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »

Am in love with this whole idea... give our guild more reason to grind together love it!!!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:29 pm »

is it intended to stack with the rune from ROA100?

Its possible you might use this new 25k hp rune instead of the 9500 hp RoA Rune. Not sure if runes can stack.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »

What about allowing anyone to farm the components but the combine box can be found in Abyss (T5)? So people can work towards it, but can't combine until they are in T5. Hope makes sense. This would open the zone to everyone, and allow to put other cool loots in there for everyone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 03:45:31 pm »

What about allowing anyone to farm the components but the combine box can be found in Abyss (T5)? So people can work towards it, but can't combine until they are in T5. Hope makes sense. This would open the zone to everyone, and allow to put other cool loots in there for everyone.

Or you could set an enounter (like in say Sleepers Tomb) where a T5 equipped raid is needed to get the v2 box.  Make a critical component drop off the trash as you crawl your way down and the box drop off Sleeper once he's dead. 

Love the idea of a ldon 7 lvl btw

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 03:47:01 pm »

To prevent bags from filling up with 100's of components, I could just make a task similar to the one in Abyss, which is 5 task of 20 steps each, so you can turn in items as you get them. Of course it would be tweaked for something like this:

Task 1:
 Step 1: Hand in 4 of this component
 Step 20: Hand in 4 of this component

------------------------------------

Total 4 components x 20 steps = 100 items to farm.

Probably some components will drop off bosses, and some will drop off tash.

Anyways, this will keep your bags empty, and allow skipping of recipe combining 100s of items. When the task is complete, the final upgrade item can appear on your cursor. Then go to Abyss for the Ultimate Box to combine your UC + Upgarde to get UC v2.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 03:52:51 pm »

you should make the requirement 5.0's giving this to early will make it super easy for other do do the T5 content. and those who have T5 finished something to work on

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 03:53:24 pm »

Love the task idea.  Much cleaner.  You might even consider adding the Abyss flag as a requirement to get the task.
Doragoon15

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 03:58:23 pm »

Would it be worth while to create different versions of the ucv2? I like the idea of the uc from a simplicity perspective but could ucv2's be tailored to the role of the class obtaining it?  Just a thought on my part. Though it does create an increase in work separating things out and balancing... So might not be a logical move but I like the idea of having it more tailored toward the class it's obtained on.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 04:02:46 pm »

Making a different UC v2 for each of the 16 classes would be more work than I have time for. We're already sort of maxing out stats on this item. Only thing different would maybe be the clickie?

Anyways, I can understand making people complete the T5 zone before getting this UC v2 so it doesn't trivialize the zone. Since killing all 100 bosses allows you to get unlimited Epic 5.0 books, maybe use that Epic 5.0 book as a component, or even more cleaner would be just have the vendor see if you completed the 100 bosses, then give you the box, bypassing getting an Epic Book 5.0 instead. Hope makes sense.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678