Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:47:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: ** UCv2, T6, Epic 6.0 **  (Read 48834 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »

Amazing ideas i like what i'm hearing. I only have one question really. Why does it have to be a charm? Can't it be something else like an earring or neck piece that will work with the charm,ring, and range slot item we already have to work on? Just a thought but still love the ideas hope to see it soon.  Tongue

Cracken
~Member of The house of Strix~

could be a Aug for the UC

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:10 pm »

Amazing ideas i like what i'm hearing. I only have one question really. Why does it have to be a charm? Can't it be something else like an earring or neck piece that will work with the charm,ring, and range slot item we already have to work on? Just a thought but still love the ideas hope to see it soon.  Tongue

Cracken
~Member of The house of Strix~

could be a Aug for the UC

i like the idea of an aug for hte UC maybe to give it upper stats.....mabye another item to replace the port ot nexus.....thou i will say this the currentl rune click gets interupted alot and seems to be worthless gets used off 1 hit form shadow and not even a half a hit form T5 mobs plus on same timer as RoA
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:34:54 pm by Kovou » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 06:48:20 pm »

How about a boss that spawns once you kill every mob in the zone, and that boss would drop one Ultimate Box (for the combine). Still 5.0 requirement to get into Anguish for the components. Ultimate challenge for greater than Ultimate Charm seems fitting. This along with the 5.0 book component requirement I think would make it appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:29:18 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »

Only thing bad with that xiggie is who wants to create a zone only a handful of people can enjoy? ie the 10 or so people who have 5.0s on their toons. The idea of making it more accessible for the extra neat loot he adds will be incentive enough for other players to come there.. where as the hardcore players will also go there to try to obtain the UC v2. Having the requirement of 4.0 to zone in and requirement of 5.0 to obtain the ultimate box seems like a better design choice in my opinion.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:09 pm »

How about a boss that spawns once you kill every mob in the zone

HELL YEAH

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »

Only thing bad with that xiggie is who wants to create a zone only a handful of people can enjoy? ie the 10 or so people who have 5.0s on their toons. The idea of making it more accessible for the extra neat loot he adds will be incentive enough for other players to come there.. where as the hardcore players will also go there to try to obtain the UC v2. Having the requirement of 4.0 to zone in and requirement of 5.0 to obtain the ultimate box seems like a better design choice in my opinion.

get more team members

What are you going to do in a zone that hits harder then T5 anyway?!

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:19 pm »

get more team members

What are you going to do in a zone that hits harder then T5 anyway?!

QFT!

cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:44 pm »

What about 4.0 to enter with at least 1 flagged 5.0 in group, and if you do not have 4.0 then it falls back to the (3) Flagged 5.0s killing the greeter mob to bring 3 friends along. Then 4.0 will allow you to loot anything BUT a UC V2 component. Where as the less than 4.0's who are brought in can only loot items off of the "Trash mobs". Which will still be quite nice items.

Just a few additional thoughts.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 07:34:14 pm »

Never the less the quest sounds great with how ever it ends =P I'm down for whatever!!

-Hate"
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »

I personally like the idea of a new Raid zone for the pieces, The v2 UC is a awesome idea !! Thing to keep in mind though if it is to be a true raid zone the flag to enter would have to be low enough (T5 4.0 or 4.5) to get a big enough raid to kill stuff (If the bosses are to be comparable to the ones on live for difficulty, more hps,hit harder ect ect). the numbers of pieces needed to complete it could be lowered directly equivelent to the boss mobs difficulty (Keeping the grind part down and the screaming at your gimp toons at a fever pitch) Along with random accesorys and augs for the flagged but yet to be 5.0's who go there to keep it balanced and everyone happy. But whatever happends im happy as a junebug in may that these ideas might come to be its own zone !!

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »

I am just hoping we avoid drag through toons. I have seen toons with with Noobie gear but has 4.0. Yes, noobie gear. Not making that up, there is really some out there. There is also some out there with t1 gear but 4.5's. This is what I am hoping we avoid with this quest. This is why I suggested the zone be cleared and a 5.0 book required. That takes end game effort for an end game item.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »

I like the idea of lower level / geared players needing to be invited by a higher player. I might do anyone that has their Epic 5.0 allowed to bring a full group of noobs if they want since if you limit it to three, then whats to stop them from going back to get another three? So noobs allowed by invite only. And of course they can't get back unless rez or group teleport again. '

I'm thinking this zone will be about Augments. I'm not sure if I'll just add a new type aug slot to the current T5 armor, or put an upgrade aug in Anguish to combine with your T5 armor to make the new T6 suit. Either way, there will be augments to farm in the new Anguish that will only fit on a T5+ armor suit. Maybe these augs are also the hand in requirements to eventually obtain your UCv2 so people will be farming both at the same time, new suit/augs, while the aug rots can always be thrown towards the UCv2 Task Turn In.

Need to figure a reason for lower level players to visit. Maybe rare chances of charm 1-25 upgrades to drop, as well as HoH 26-50 upgrades to drop too. Might drop some other rare goodies, such as Range Item, or random inventory clickies. I'm sure all the non-UCv2 items will be farmed up completely before players even finish their UCv2, so either I'll leave it like that or figure more reason to be in the zone.

Will probably have more than 1 repeatable task in the zone, such as kill 1 of every boss in Anguish for a bag of platinum.

If we allow to Augment the UC I wouldn't be able to do other focus and clickies since it already has. Would only be able to increase the hp and stats. Also there is that super rare chance of losing an item you augmenting and that would suck for the UC when I don't refund items.

We'll probably be busy with Halloween this coming weekend, but then the following weekend I might start working on the new Anguish (T6?). Shouldn't take long since the zone is already finished. I just need to make new loot items, and up the stats on trash/bosses. Scripts are already in place, bosses need to be killed in order due to them aggro lower bosses in zone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »

I'm sure all the non-UCv2 items will be farmed up completely before players even finish their UCv2,

Let's Rock!!

Bring it on!! =D

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 08:41:54 pm »

Depending on the size of the raid will be the chance for drop. For example, if you truely need 30-50 players to down the bosses, then I can have 100% drop 1 component needed. But if they can be a group of 6 players, then maybe its a 20% chance for upgrade off boss, and even more rare off trash. Maybe certain components for UC v 2 drop off trash, and some off bosses, so you couldn't skip one or the other, and need to clear the whole zone. Guild working together is always a lot of fun.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »

I hear you Xiggie. I would assume that the AE / AoEs in zone would seriously separate those who really should not be there from those who have at least some business. Another possibility is to restrict Rez to players who have...ohh..say 4.5 or better? I mean, when you FIRST zone into PoD...man that AE from the dragons can kick your ass in a very real hurry... I like that a lot. I died a few times at first too..Tongue

Cycrost
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678