Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:44:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Please upgrade to SoD+  (Read 104570 times)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:44 am »

I hear fugitive has the super banana hammock client!
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2012, 04:15:58 am »

Looked into it a bit more and I guess HoT wasn't removed from the project after-all.  I thought Derision had removed it when he removed the Live patch files.

Here is a list of all patch files that include all of the clients compatible with EQEmu as well as some that were partially worked on and never completed:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FEQEmuServer%2Fcommon%2Fpatches

Note that HoT is listed in those patch files, but so is Anniversary and the Anniversary client was never even able to log into EQEmu at all.  It is probably only left there as a reference, but could really just be deleted completely.  Even though the HoT client is listed there, it is a specific client version from a certain Live patch date sometime last year.  It wouldn't be playable at all.  At best, I think you could log in with it and move around.  Here is a link to the .conf file for HoT that includes all of the opcodes for it:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/patch_HoT.conf

Notice that most of them are set to 0x0000, which means we don't have them identified for that client yet.  Then, compare those to the results from one of our compatible clients such as Underfoot:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/patch_Underfoot.conf

In that file, almost all of the opcodes are defined correctly.

If a server identified you as running the HoT client, then the dev for server you were on didn't know how to use the GetClientVersion() command.output properly.  The "HoT" client for EQEmu would be missing so much stuff and would be so buggy that it wouldn't be playable at all.  I would be surprised if you could see any items or NPCs.

I am not trying to start a debate/argument here.  I am just trying to give the facts that I am aware of.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »

The HoT patch source files weren't deleted, but the registration is commented out.

Code:
void RegisterAllPatches(EQStreamIdentifier &into) {
Client62::Register(into);
Titanium::Register(into);
SoF::Register(into);
SoD::Register(into);
Underfoot::Register(into);
//HoT::Register(into);
}

void ReloadAllPatches() {
Client62::Reload();
Titanium::Reload();
SoF::Reload();
SoD::Reload();
Underfoot::Reload();
//HoT::Reload();
}

Hanzo

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:48 am »

So is the only way to get a copy of the HoT or Underfoot client is to torrent it?  I'm not seeing it on Steam anywhere...
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:56 pm »

It does appear to be missing from the Steam store.  I guess we'll have to wait and see if another usable client is made available when they complete the transition to free to play.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:24 pm »

UF seems to be for sale via download from Amazon.com for $39.99, HoT is $19.99
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:30:30 pm by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »

I'd be careful downloading from Amazon.  In the past their downloadable clients haven't been compatible with the emulator.  I don't know about those two specific downloads, but based on track record I wouldn't trust it.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »

The DL from Amazon is not compatible.  I tried it and ended up getting a refund.  Steam was the only one that worked and as stated many times before it requires some patching before it works as intended.
mjn6172

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2012, 07:39:22 am »

OK, this might be an incredibly stupid question, but I can't seem to get started on Underfoot.  I downloaded the client off of the bay, but I can't even unzip it to try installing it.  I've re-downloaded it off of other sites, but I keep getting the same error message.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Should I look for the client in another place?

Thanks in advance for any help.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »

Since you didn't tell us what the error message is, it's going to be hard to offer any help.
mjn6172

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2012, 05:43:25 pm »

<sigh> I do feel like an idiot now, after re-reading the thread I saw that I needed to use 7zip to open the file.  It's working like a charm now, all I have to do is finish following the directions from eqemu and I should be playing again soon.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

<sigh> I do feel like an idiot now, after re-reading the thread I saw that I needed to use 7zip to open the file.  It's working like a charm now, all I have to do is finish following the directions from eqemu and I should be playing again soon.

I downloaded the same file but there is no setup file to install it.

It looks like it is just a folder with all the files in it.  How do you "install" it so that you can run all the patches, etc that Hunter explains above?

Thanks...

Rob Smiley

Rob Smiley
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:01 pm »

There is no setup, its just the EQ client folder zipped up. So once unzipped, place that folder where ever ya want ,get the updated spell file dropped in, create a shortcut to eqgame.exe,  put the patchme in it and have fun !

edit:
 The version of SoD needs it's eqhost modified for EQEmu, from hates site.
The UF client already has it ready for EQEmu I think. If you going to d/l one get the UF client.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:08:52 pm by Drezden » Logged
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »

There is no setup, its just the EQ client folder zipped up. So once unzipped, place that folder where ever ya want ,get the updated spell file dropped in, create a shortcut to eqgame.exe,  put the patchme in it and have fun !

edit:
 The version of SoD needs it's eqhost modified for EQEmu, from hates site.
The UF client already has it ready for EQEmu I think. If you going to d/l one get the UF client.

Ahhh...

What about the UF missing files folder?  I just copy those into the Main folder and let it rewrite them?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:58:54 pm by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2012, 12:19:15 am »

Ok... did what you said and I got an error when I clicked on the altered eqgame.exe icon...

"The procedure entry point ??0nsGetInterface@@QAE@PAVnsISupports@@PAI@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library xul.dll."

What the heck does that mean? LOL!

Again... this is the downlaoded Everquest_Underfoot_Steam.zip file.  I extracted the files into the C:\Everquest folder, changed the eqgame.exe shortcut with the patchme and changed the eqhost file to eqemulator.net:5999

Thanks again...

Rob Smiley

Rob Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats