Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:17:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Shadow  (Read 15592 times)
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »

lol Skeezy =D I gave away free gear all morning, i'm an enemy of the state! Cheesy
Drast

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

You either grind LdoN or Shadow.  both have there up and down side.  Either way it is a "Grind".

they don't call it Uber if everyone could do it or be it in a couple hours.

If it bugs ya so much log off and watch some tv or dvd's
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 12:31:13 am »

TV watching = uber!! (at least my Dad thinks so.)

Shadow is better if you can down him fast usually... Also gotta work in how many times he jumps... But it's less mind-wearing to farm him, in my opinion.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 01:09:24 am »

Its just one of those Epic Challenges to beat the RNG just like for the Epic 2.5 zone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 02:38:21 am »

I like shadow, Last time we met we had a rum and coke (Or he gave me enought time to make one) So i personally like him, My wife on the other hand seems to take issue with the fact that me screaming at a computer screen after the thrird jump is somewhat wrong in the sense that a grown man shouldnt be screaming at the computer when the dog is humping his leg and the house is leaking water. Women huh? I dont understand them for shit.

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

Shadow is a great encounter and a way to beat the damn LDoN farming and the UC is just that Ultimate! It should require an Ultimate amount of work or dedication to get BUT RNG absolutely feels a little broken in this regard.

To add a quick aside to this (read derail) - RNG gave me 9x Okeanos, 9x Thur, and 2x Imsety the other day in PoD. That just feels broken especially when ICE gave me ALL the Okeanos and EARTH gave me ALL the Thurs... The chances of that happening are friggin ridiculous. Also, considering that I've cleared LDoNs 2, 3, and 4 (entire zones) at least 10 times over and haven't seen a single charm upgrade - thats 10 times over for EACH - so 30 zone clears - just feels like something is off.

Back to Shadow - max jumps would be really nice but I really like STUNNABLE more, it could actually require skill to make the encounter manageable instead of tank & spank up to X amount of jumps.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 05:37:51 pm »

I'd have to agree with the RNG feeling broken... I talk to a few people regularly and I always get questions like.." Have you noticed a decrease chance for V2's to drop in HoH lately?" or "Man, been in LDoN for 4 hours and not 1 charm drop."

If this was just an "every now and then" occurence, then I might could understand, but this is coming from people who have been on the server for years and after a long time of farming certain items, you get a feel for how the RNG usually acts. I'm still saying the RNG needs to be looked at/tweaked... Sure T6 is important, but so is previous content.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 11:01:40 pm »

I don't know how to tweak the RNG. Its in the source code. I'm planning to update the source code again soon anyways.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:56 am »

The random code in the source code hasn't changed in a long time.  Random is just that, random over long periods of time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209