Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:34:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Warrior Mitigation - A New Discussion  (Read 41150 times)
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 05:50:34 pm »

A few things...

1 - not only T6 ready people want Warrior to be useful, so the solution doesn't have to be aimed at T6 ready players only. End game chars are fun, but majority of people on the server are not T6 and will never be.

2 - if you don't want to die from riposts - use 1HS and a shield.  Adapting strategy to content is nothing new.

3 - what about some "absorb damage" type of effect on the epics to help with riposts coming back? 150K absorb damage on the 5.0?
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 06:03:21 pm »

A.) Shield's in this game aren't up to par to the 2nd epic in hand. Especially agro wise... trying to keep agro off highly aug'd toons with one epic seems pretty rough.

B.) An absorb isn't what's really needed, 150k is less than 1 hit and that's pretty much just like adding more HPs that are dispensable
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:54 pm »

Most of the disparity between knight classes and warriors comes in at T5 and above. Unless you have experience in these zones you probably wont have noticed anything.

Maybe I should be a little bit more clear with what I mean by this statement. Before T5 your warrior is better at tanking than paladins or sk. If you have not experienced T5 or T6 then you won't know what the big deal is about knights over warriors.

Wearing a shield on my warrior means my monk, or my paladin, or my bard will tank. Aside from that the game dynamics are not currently set up to give warriors the same benefits as knights with shields. The only thing I shield would be is extra hitpoints.

I have seen warriors with 400k hp die in one combat round in T5. This can and does happen at the beginning of the fight, in the middle of the fight, or at the end of the fight. The absorb damage effect would have to be so high and so frequent to be effective that it would be game breaking.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 06:27:12 pm »

EQ Live did something with the shield block AA for warriors that where every warrior on live, now, raid tank or just group tank, uses 1h plus a shield.

Maybe if this were able to be done the issue of losing aggro to DPS would be to add additional hate to augments that can be put into 1hs or maybe make a jolt-like effect similar to what rangers have on an augment for DPS to keep aggro down.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:03 pm »

I am not sure adding aa's to a class is possible unless you get into messing with the core mechanics of the game. There are already hate augs in the game.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:33 pm »

Honestly, I think the easiest solution by far is to make it so the warrior can get a 2hs starting at 4.0 (mainly because if you have a 3.0 or 3.5 -- your not in T5). That by far is the best solution for now -- see how it works from there ; alot of good ideas given but that could take alot of time and I think just a quick fix to see how it works is making it so a warrior can convert their 4.0 from 1hs to 2hs.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:34 pm »

There are already hate augs in the game.

Well yeah.... But you can add MORE hate to the augs to increase aggro. Just saying.. If you lose a 1hs cause of a shield, it wouldn't hurt to add more anger to an aug.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »

True you could add more hate to the augs. Right now as it sits hate tends to roll over after about 40 seconds of continuous fighting with a warrior. Add more hate and the solution creates another issue. But a really cool idea would be to give the option of turning 1hs into 2hs. Really surprised no one has suggested it.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »

True you could add more hate to the augs. Right now as it sits hate tends to roll over after about 40 seconds of continuous fighting with a warrior. Add more hate and the solution creates another issue. But a really cool idea would be to give the option of turning 1hs into 2hs. Really surprised no one has suggested it.

+ 1

Add a big ol hate whacking 2h stick for the warrior to Merchant standing in T5

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 11:54:14 pm »

.... Page 3... and all... I'm sure Xiggie is Yanking our legs.. or his alternate personality has taken over.. ( I know he wanted to point it has been suggested )

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to put out there...
First, a big 2hs weapon.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 01:12:10 am »

Then it must be settled. 2h is the one way to fix it. No one else need post. /smirk

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 04:35:14 am »

You dont need 2 epics to keep agro. You however get the joy of clicking the shit out of your 3.0.
Shield wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have to give up so many hp but I keep a shield on my warrior, wonder if I can aug it and shield bash proc.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »

I would love to see a 2HS start at 3.0.  I know it really shows for all the "end game" players, but you guys are not the only ones effected.  Currently in T3, everytime I kill The Faceless, my Warrior will die 3-10 times, leaving my Ranger to tank named and adds.  After 25+ kills, I have never lost my Ranger 1 single time.  Warrior is almost fully T4 geared and is 4.0, yet he cannot survive just the named by themselves, but my Ranger has no problem tanking named + 2 adds.  It's getting really old rezzing my War every minute or 2 when he is already geared above the content I'm killing.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

Hey Dethundrel do you have a Pally?  Cleric?  With a pally/cleric or pally/pally with good orc charm you shouldn't have a problem keeping warrior up.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 07:47:16 pm »

I suppose I WILL post one more time on this thread. Smiley

I will note that I've noticed a big difference in content prior to T5... Some of you say it's only a problem passed T4, but I disagree completely.. Had my warrior tanking shadow with 180k HP and would still get killed every now and again... Rolled an SK and tanked it with 112k HP multiple times and never died. Same group set up both times except ditched the warrior for the SK.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)