Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:31:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Warrior Mitigation - A New Discussion  (Read 41149 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:28 am »

I run Pal/Pal for healing, oracle 37 and oracle 24, both 4.0. They have no problem keeping my ranger alive, but the warrior still eats it. Warrior is about 40k more HP than ranger. Even when the warrior crashes from dieing, ranger has no problem tanking named an adds for as long as it takes to log warrior back in.
Just as luca posted, I've went to chase shadow a few times, and my warrior died multiple times, leaving the ranger as tank once again. And as usuall, never had the ranger go down.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 07:18:52 am »

Wanted to inject that I've started giving all upgrades to my rogue over my warrior.
(1) Went dps on war and if I dont click 3.0 enough rogue jacks agro
(2) Warrior dies to the RNG dps spike, rogue takes over as tank due to massive agro
(3) Rogue tanks better then warrior

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 07:25:11 am »

Tossing another idea out there...

How about a Stonewall "spell" akin to the Kaldar's Helping Hand that Pallies have.  The marked difference would be that instead of using your mana pool, it could use your Stamina (Endurance) pool...  Balancing would need to be done to figure out how much Stam it would use per tick, and might have to add some Stam regen to the UC??

It would mean that the more Stamina and Stamina regen you have (ie higher tiered gear) the more the duration of your Stonewall...

Just a thought.

P.S.  It's odd to me to hear the last couple of posters claiming that their chain classes are out tanking better geared Warriors...  Something seriously wrong there.  Do you have all your defensive AA on the War?  Are you using Abilities?  Also, to the person saying their war can't hold aggro from their rogue.  You need to try harder with the warrior...  No way a war can't hold aggro at any stage in progression on EZ

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:16 am »

I openly state I went IS aug on the warrior so that is a valid reason for lossing agro *IF* I dont click my 3.0 enough.
Its part of the group make up and I expect my rogue to steal agro here and there for a second or two.
I've been around for awhile, pretty sure I know how to play the warrior so its not a lack of knowledge on what disc to use.
Just now in abyss public my warrior got killed in one round 3x in a row but stuff only mildly hurt the paladins and did slightly more to the rogue.
(345khp vs 241khp)

I do like your idea of another defense disc using endurance instead of mana.
Thats one of the better ideas so far.
Maybe replace the next to useless t3/t4 "spell" with that.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 10:31:56 am »

The only time a dps class will pull off your warrior is when the aggro table reset due to the warrior having so much.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:52 am »

+1 on the 2hs, 4 aug slots, worn mitigation starting with the 3.0. This really is the best overall solution, and is the result of this being in discussion for months in different threads.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:03 am »

Endurance is broke too I have zero hours on end

2 handed sword is probably best option with a damage reduction...not a dps wep just hold aggro and tank period

Warrior will also lose aggro every 30 to 40be secs no matter what you are smasshing do to hate reset or negative hate whatever you call it... ya my monk tanks better then main tank most of time too
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:52:08 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »

Probably never going to happen though.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »

bump

(cross fingers)

-Hate"
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »

I openly state I went IS aug on the warrior so that is a valid reason for lossing agro *IF* I dont click my 3.0 enough.
Its part of the group make up and I expect my rogue to steal agro here and there for a second or two.
I've been around for awhile, pretty sure I know how to play the warrior so its not a lack of knowledge on what disc to use.
Just now in abyss public my warrior got killed in one round 3x in a row but stuff only mildly hurt the paladins and did slightly more to the rogue.
(345khp vs 241khp)

I do like

Something is wrong there.. You have 100k more HP than my paladin, and I can tank nameds in Abyss with no problems.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:43 pm »

If your warriors keep dropping and you don't wipe to the mob, just battle rez.  Keeps things interesting.  If all characters are god mode the game is boring as shit.  I'm not in T5, but I don't seem to have any problems pre-T5, and not a single one of my characters has a UC.  I run war, sk, pal, cle, rng, mnk and they all have less than remarkable gear.. 

I know what I just said adds nothing constructive to the thread, but whatever.  Then again I wouldn't some gnarly 2 handed hammer or something for Warriors! Smiley

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

Right now there is no good reason to have a warrior in your group. They should be the best tanks in the game. I believe that easily says something needs to be done with them. Asking for a 2h wep for your warrior is not asking for god mode.

LickME

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 07:38:45 pm »

how about hp pool but more dmg reduction?
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:58 pm »

-facepalm- increasing the HPS on a warrior wont do anything, my warrior has about 300k hp -- my pally has 232k hp -- and in T5 -- Pally almost never bites the dust -- warrior bites the dust in the first round of combat. This is getting off topic alot, I wish hunter could just goof around with the 2hs idea
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »

I wish hunter could just goof around with the 2hs idea

yeah, worse thing is can just delete it if doesn't work or leave it shrug

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299