Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:47:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 5822 times)
Gyan1010

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

I'm an old eq player from 1999 - 2004 quitting about the time Gates of Discord game out. I often miss the old days when I had more time on my hands. With a wife and daughter now I don't have time for the long grind anymore, but figured EQEmu might be able to give me the entertainment I miss without the 10-15 hour play sessions required for uber gear back when I played.

I was wondering what bonuses this server might have to help me get caught up to end game content.

Like is there an xp/aa modifier and is so what is it?

Does death work the same as I remember years back on live servers, requiring CR and a nice chunk of xp loss?

Is there any complete progression/flagging guide through the live content, so that I can follow some of the story arcs of the many expansions I missed?

Following that question, is it even possible to find people willing to help with that old content anymore? Or does the custom gear make you powerful enough to solo most of it?

Maps! Not necessarily zone maps but a zone connection map for this server would be helpful since its been so long that the only things I'm sure I could find would be Freeport, Solusek, and Guk. Oh and the tunnel in the commanlands lol, anyone remember when that was the biggest trading hub in the world, and people would peddle their uber crafted bronze armor for a few plat each?

Any custom commands I should know?

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting started playing when I get off work.

Thanks,
Gyan (unless that name is taken  Cry )
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:16:58 pm »

Hey! Mostly, the server experience bonus (I think) is like.. around 2x xp? Not for sure. It does not take long to get to 70 though. As far as progression... You'll get to dabble in zones you missed, but it will not follow lore of EQ Live.

The server is very fun, and you can play it at pretty much any pace.. The one "drawback" of this server, for many people, is that you will need to box to get really far.. (To further explain, you CAN play only 1 character, but you will either a) beg for help or b) pay for help.

and trust me, there are better things to spend platinum on then epic 3.0 runs and gear drops.. (wtf aug prices.)

As for maps... go to mapfiend.net and extract the files into your map folder in your EQ folder. also, look into MQ2, only /stick and the map features are allowed on the server, and somewhere on the forums there is a link to download it as well as explaining some other things about it.
I'm sure some other people will post here with more extended tips and information. I am in class at the moment and just reading around to pass time.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:29:45 pm »

There is a small bonus to exp here, but if you solo, it's still gonna take a while. Exp here is no longer X4, it got chopped way down. However, a high end toon can PL you 1 to 70 in under an hour. The game here really doesn't start untill you are 70.

Death here is no big deal. You do not lose any exp, you respawn with all your items so no CR's.

There are no guides to live content progression on this server. A lot of the old content does not work, and a lot of it is replaced with our custom content.  If you are wanting to go back through PoP, GoD or LDoN, this is not the sever for you. LDoN is only 6 zones, all custom with no missions. GoD is now only 2 zones, Qvic and Tacvi. Neither has any of the old progression, it's all custom. PoP has some of the old zones with appropriate mobs, but most script and fights don't work. PoFire, BoThunder and PoTime are all custom. PoTime works different, and none of the original gods are there.

People are willing to help a little bit, but no one is going to run you through it all. Not to be harsh, but if you want to achieve much here, you will need to box your own army. You can have some fun solo, but you won't make it far.

The in-game map has an atlas attached to it that was added to all of EverQuest, has breakdown by continent and expansion.

Edited for typos and iPod autocorrects.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:33:28 pm by Dethundrel » Logged
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 01:41:21 pm »

I have my concerns about boxing multiple accounts. I can't see having 2 or more windows and needing to switch between them to keep up with a large number of abilities as being very effective. Now I can see maybe 1 extra as a healer and only poping over to heal/buff as being ok if you go slow with not many adds to control, but I have doubts I'd be able to control much more.

I really like all the extra items and content this server offers but if I'm force to bot a whole group to kill things still then I'm torn now between this and the Irreverent solo server now.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

Boxing here is very simple. Paladins epic proc a group heal, turn on attack and forget about it. Warrior are pretty much the same, just autoattack. Pet classes, Mage, Necro are just /pet attack. Bst require /pet attack and autoattack. As long as you stay away from pure casters, there isn't a lot to manage till the higher tiers.
It is of course a little more involving, but certainly not undoable. A standard 3 box of Warrior, Paladin and any DPS can take you all the way to T2 with just those 3 toons.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 02:05:17 pm »

most serious players use a third party program called MQ2 to help with the boxing, there is no switching back and forth between windows...i think that would drive me insane after the first 5 minutes of playing. Instead you can setup macro hotkeys to use to activate your other characters abilities. You also have a more defined and reliable version of /follow that is included in MQ2 that you'll grow to love if you're a boxer. Having all npcs show up on the map is pretty huge too.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

So I took a look and it seems that MQ2 uses ISBoxer which on their site states the following which I find confusing...

"ISBoxer is free multiboxing software for Lavish Software's Inner Space. Get everything you need now for just $36 per year or $10 for 90 days!"

If its free, why the subscription? How do I get it free?

I was also thinking it would be confusing setting up all the video feeds and different hot bars and clicks etc. Then started thinking what if I make 6 of the exact same class with the same hotbar layout so I can just do a full command copy in each window. Like 6 paly, that group heal proc would own then right?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

ISBoxer and MQ2 are completely separate.

ISBoxer is Free, but InnerSpace, the program it runs in, is not, that's where the subscription comes in.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:10 pm »

Ahh, thanks I guess MQ2 was just advertising ISBoxer on their main news page.

I think I'm gonna give a solo monk a try. I certainly don't want to pay for InnerSpace. And MQ2 as I read more seems like a giant headache to setup. Everything from compiling it yourself to creating tons of custom macros for everything seems like a huge learning curve before I can jump in and get to leveling.

Maybe if I find a lower tier guild willing to take me I'll have an easier time and be able to get by with 1 account.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »

its free and theres nothing to compile, you may be looking at the wrong thing. its just a small program that runs in the background, nothing much to it other then opening it before eq.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:12:25 pm »

Humm maybe your right I was looking here
http://www.macroquest2.com/main.php
then later found this
http://mqemulator.net/

So I can only use it for the /stick and the map options?
What about the MQ2Eqbc & EQBCServer commands for controlling the boxed accounts? I would think that would be most useful.

Maybe I should go ahead and ask which of the things on their plugins list are not allowed. Or the ones that are allowed if that list is shorter.

Plugins

  ● MQ2AutoGroup
  ● MQ2AutoSize
  ● MQ2Bandolier
  ● MQ2BuffBlock
  ● MQ2Bzsrch
  ● MQ2Cast
  ● MQ2Chat
  ● MQ2ChatWnd
  ● MQ2CustomBinds
  ● MQ2EQIM
  ● MQ2EmuSearch
  ● MQ2Eqbc & EQBCServer
  ● MQ2EQBugFix
  ● MQ2Events
  ● MQ2Exchange
  ● MQ2FPS
  ● MQ2HUD
  ● MQ2Irc
  ● MQ2ItemDisplay
  ● MQ2Labels
  ● MQ2Map
  ● MQ2MapLite
  ● MQ2Melee
  ● MQ2MoveUtils
  ● MQ2NetBots
  ● MQ2NetHeal
  ● MQ2Targets
  ● MQ2Telnet
  ● MQ2Tracking
  ● MQ2Twist
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 04:42:09 pm »

yes EQBC is also pretty essential, its the program that lets your toons communicate to each other. You basiclly run that + mq2 before running eq and you're good. you can browse the mq forums for walkthroughs and info on commands etc. When you download the mq suite there should be a stripped down version thats compatible with the server, its been a while since i had to do all this myself so im a bit hazy on the exact details, maybe someone else could chime in and help.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)