Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:18:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spells_us.txt  (Read 6230 times)
MilitantJay

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »

Hello all,

I've encountered a problem. I run the Underfoot client. I have a paladin. I played for some weeks without knowing about Focus of Healing. I could not find the spell, in my spellbook or in the context menu of my spell bar (Heals/Heals). I downloaded the spell files from the EZServer home page. I extracted the folders to a non EQ directory, then copied the "spells_us.txt" file from the SoD folder, to my general EQ directory. Then I logged into Everquest, from that same general EQ directory, and logged into my paladin. I did not see Focus of Healing in my spell book, or in my spell bar context menu (Heals/Heals). I went to a trainer, requested spells, and checked again. I again did not find Focus of Healing. I checked all other areas of context menu as well.

I have repeated this process (4x), downloading new copies of the files from EZServer, just in case I got a corrupted copy at some point. I am not placing the SoD or Titanium folders into the general folder, just the Spells_us.txt file into the general EQ folder.

I downloaded UF from Steam, and am aware of the issues with missing files. I have copied in the correct files from a Live copy of EQ I downloaded as part of a free trial when I started playing EZserver. The only issue I seem to be having (debatable) is the Focus of Healing spell is not to be found.

All this to say..

What do?

Brillo 70 Cleric
Klinker 70 Paladin
Risyn 70 Necro
Ebenezer 70 Mage
McGurk  other 70 Paladin
Ormh 70 Warrior
Dagnabit other other 70 Paladin
Fwoosh Aaargh 70 Wizard
Pupil 70 Shaman
Harmonize 70 Bard
Alduin 70 Monk
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »

I just tested it with my UF install.  Copy the spell file from the sod directory in the zip file and replace the existing file in your client directory.  It sounds like you may have had it in the wrong place.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »

i know this is prolly not the prob but, try going to the trainer and learning spells, it's a lvl 1 spell should have it- also it'll be under healing in the context menu.  hope that helps

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291