Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:19:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Source Updated / Loot Lag  (Read 20547 times)
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:14 pm »

This may seem weird but using the same computer with no macroquest running.

6 toons all older are looting with a 3 to 5 sec lag before it opens up the corpse.

6 new toons, are looting instantly.

Any idea what I can do to get the first 6 faster?

very interesting find!
Shawo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 02:59:34 pm »

Deleted my INI and UI files for every toon and it's still slower on the older toons.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:48 pm »

Deleted my INI and UI files for every toon and it's still slower on the older toons.

I wonder if Secrets or lerxst2112 has any ideas as to whats making the older toons loot slower than newly created toons
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »

All toons use the same looting code.  Presumably toons that are older may have more junk in the bank, so things like lore checks might take longer, but I'd imagine it's still a very small fraction of a second. and the same check is performed on all clients.  Besides, if it's slow all the time, like when just looting gems, that wouldn't apply since looting a non-lore item skips 99% of the check.

The packets sent to Titanium versus Underfoot are different, and the data sent to Underfoot looks more complex at a glance, but in practice I'd imagine it's not a drastic difference.  If you're using auto loot it's possible the client throttles the requests being sent to the server where on Titanium it's might be as fast as you can click.

I haven't played enough recently to really comment on how slow it is, and I haven't used Titanium in more than a year, so I wouldn't know the difference.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41:48 am »

I am not yet really convinced that discovered items were the cause of loot lag.  My server didn't start reporting the loot lag until I switched from Linux to Windows on November 11th and discovered items were added on Nov 1st on my server when it was still running Linux.  For EZ, it looks like the last big update prior to the latest ones was on Nov 5th and I don't see the loot lag reports from posts I could find around that time, even though Discovered Items would have been in at that time already.  The loot lag reports here seem to have started after the last update at the end of January.  Though if the SQL updates for the discovered_items table weren't applied and the rule was still enabled, I could definitely see that causing a problem (just as any missing required SQL for updates would cause a problem).

I still have more testing and research to do, but the more information we have, the better it is for tracking down these types of issues.  All players can help in the testing if they wish.

Here is a list of loot lag questions that I think might help isolate the issue.  I haven't been able to experience the loot lag myself, so it is hard for me to troubleshoot:

1. Which part of looting actually shows lag?  Is it when right clicking the body, it takes a couple of seconds before the loot window shows up?  Is it when clicking an item, it takes a couple of seconds for it to be looted and move to inventory?

2. Does loot lag always happen, or is it sporadic?

3. Does it get worse if more players are online?

4. Does the amount of lag time vary?

5. If looting a corpse with multiple items, do all items lag the same amount, or just the first one lags and the others are fine?

6. Has anyone confirmed for sure that it only happens on certain clients, such as Titanium, SoF, SoD, or UF?  Or, does it happen on all clients?

7. Do all characters experience the loot lag, or only certain ones?  Based on a post in this thread, it sounds like older characters experience it the most.

8. Does it happen on all corpses?

9. For anyone who normally runs MQ2; Have you tried shutting off MQ2 completely and playing to see if you still experience the problem without it?

10. Has anyone tested to see if the UI being used might be related to the issue?  Do you experience the issue if you use a completely default UI vs running a custom UI?

11. Does anyone know exactly when the loot lag issue started to happen?  Searching posts, I am getting mixed results and it makes it hard to track down an exact date, so the we know which updates in the source to look closer at.

12. Has the loot lag issue changed at all since EZ updated the source again and disabled Discovered Items?  Is it better, completely gone, or about the same?

If all of these questions can be answered with good details and info, I think it will help a lot to isolate the loot lag issues.
Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 08:10:03 am »

My girlfriend and I created our toons the exact same time and have been playing nearly the same amount. We play off the same router. Her box is running Vista and mine is on 7. My graphics card and processor are slightly better. I can loot at times 3 corpses to her one. It slows down for both of us the more people that are online, and lately have been lagged out just pulling mobs in Ldon. Neither of us have tried shutting off MQ2, and our UIs are the same standard ones. Lag happens from both clicking on the mob, as well as clicking on the item. And I dont know if it is related, but looting mobs in HoH will sometimes leave only 1 gem on a corpse when you hit loot all.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:12:14 am by Iichigo » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:04 am »

n HoH will sometimes leave only 1 gem on a corpse when you hit loot all.

This bug was HUGE a long time ago when the server would crash a lot. I could tell when the zone was going to the crash if a corpse did that.. then in 5~ minutes the zone would crash. But now it still does that leave 1 gem on corpse randomly.. however the zone does not crash now.. its just an anomaly. I did 11 clears of HoH in one day and hat it only happen twice... and looting was just fine every clear no lag at all.. just those 2 weird occurrences.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 05:33:42 pm »

Code:
Character:CheckCursorEmptyWhenLooting	true	If true, a player cannot loot a corpse (player or NPC) with an item on their cursor

Wonder if this would cause any lag? It might have been put in to prevent people from accidently deleting their items by accident.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »

People who are still having lag must have something wrong on their end... I've tried Titanium // SOD // UF... with basic MQ2 installed and never see any loot lag.. but did notice Titanium to be the fastest looting.. but by a tiny bit.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 01:11:29 am »

I ran two days of ROA and today I just didn't bother loading MQ2.  There was a huge difference in loot speed in CoM.  Without MQ2 there was zero loot lag.  With MQ2 on yesterday the lag was bad enough that I didn't bother looting gems.  I don't know if it was mainly due to server pop or unplugging MQ2, so more to test but I like the results so far.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:28:19 am »

I get very little loot lag with the social i made for loot all, it's a social via everquest and yes I have mq2 loaded.  anyhow- tbh i think it's the input interface or whatever (mouse clicks/movements)  my social reads as follows:

/target corpse
/shiftkey /click right target

this works perfect for me. that is if the corpse is within loot range (obviously)

hope that helps

Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 12:31:01 pm »

Well if you have MQ loaded lex, add in a line that does /stick after the /target corpse and it will target the nearest corpse and walk to it, might have to press it twice if it is too far as it will execute the /loot immediately after you stick not leaving time to run to the corpse
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

Can also put a pause 20 after you put the loot command and and then add another line with the loot command again.

teraphina

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 08:29:40 am »

I get very little loot lag with the social i made for loot all, it's a social via everquest and yes I have mq2 loaded.  anyhow- tbh i think it's the input interface or whatever (mouse clicks/movements)  my social reads as follows:

/target corpse
/shiftkey /click right target

this works perfect for me. that is if the corpse is within loot range (obviously)

hope that helps

you are making it to difficult all you have to do is

/target corpse
/loot

thats what i use, though you are looting all so i guess yours would work better, the one i do doesnt loot all cause i dont like looting the trash also
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:32:03 am by teraphina » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 08:53:42 am »

Here you go...

/target corpse
/pause 1
/lootall

yes... lootall.. it works with SoD+

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print