Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:21:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: How far can you solo?  (Read 22429 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 04:49:35 pm »

Well im saying melee, more towards tank side, is superior.
Pets get mashed by flurries and AE dmg from PoD+ mobs. not to mention the huge dmg mitigation gap + HP difference.
A tank full T2 with RoA 100 and lvl 50 charms will have around 180k ish HP? and 5kAC.
Even if a warrior does do the great DPS on that solo mob, he will be able to kill it without taking much dmg at the end. Meaning faster/ more consistent pulls, where as a pet would have downtime inconsistently through their killing time.
I haven't seen pet classes solo PoD trash, so i can't really agree or disagree with anything on that end.

greasy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:21 am »

In order of damage:
Beast pet  730k total  11,405 dps
Mage pet  438k total   6,845  dps

It makes me feel sad when I see a BST pet steamrolling mobs twice as fast as my mage pet.  Oh, and beastlords can actually take a hit without dieing.  Oh and they can heal.  /wrists

Ok back on topic!

Greasy - mage
Ground - beastlord
International - Ranger
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 02:33:00 am »

Think I soloed a warrior up till time... After that needed help on the nameds there, at least the tougher ones; could still survive solo in some first 3 LDoN floors, but it was very slow killing, one mob at a time.
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:11 am »

HOORAY for beastlords!  OK yeah i made it to Plane of Time before i hit the real struggle and could no longer continue alone without a box help.

Scootz
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 02:48:40 am »

i solod all the way to your moms house jk xD.

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 02:51:19 am »

The B33tlejuices are out in force tonight

Be warned; they aim for kids riding bikes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:52:56 am by Blackee » Logged

vile

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 03:12:37 am »

you can solo all the way to max level easy with any class.. even enchanters.. lol

if you are stuck in dulak try using the lvl 1 clicky invis helmet and running around collecting your self some better gear. rots n named rots are common in dulak watch /shout etc..

remeber in surefall to buff your self before heading out.. buff then quicky hail custom zone npc n get to the zone ur going.. invis up to where you are grinding it can be very quick

and remeber to skip velks.. and go to pofear..

on all my toons i was able to kill in dulak at lvl 35 so far with no twink gear or buffs

there is also a post somewhere here with what zone drop what type gear so you can gear as you lvl

once you hit 70 look for some friends or slowly grind ur gear up to solo or box
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:27:48 am by vile » Logged
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 03:23:36 am »

I play SK and soloing is getting easier. Made 70, crap gear BoT stuff. Help with 1.5 from a friend, started soloing low LDoN gear gets better (cards/charms) made 2.5 eventually. Had some help with qvic bosses and rot tokens, friend helped with 3.0 TT. Now everything changes, I easily solo all time and ldon so can plev alts to MoW with decent gear. Next thing is see if I can solo qvic, but waiting on a bit more decent gear. Maxed AA now, got guardian charm to 5 and oracle to 2. This, and I think unless I get really good gear prior, is the problem. Qvic bosses pop adds, a Warr holds the advantage for AE dam so an equivelant equipped warr can solo the bosses I probably cant. But to cut a long story short, I think soloing is possible quite high end. Correct me if I am wrong but the best way seems to be,

Make a main, kit him to a good quality, put all your time and effort into him.

Then make an alt/s using the main to equip

Then try the high end soloing once you have a little team, make your main something that can Tank Warr 1st choice, SK second, Pally 3rd.. if soloing is your bag.

I am working on an SK, Cleric, Ranger team.. Seems a good option, good tank high dps with heals.

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:12 am »

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:32 am »

Then try the high end soloing once you have a little team, make your main something that can Tank Warr 1st choice, SK second, Pally 3rd.. if soloing is your bag.

Why do I see another Paladin dig in our near future?  Tongue

Rob Smiley
Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 07:46:19 am »

Xiggie you are wrong chief Sad you arent soloing qvic with a pet class unless its a monster beastlord...def not a mage or necro...nothing would survive the boss enrages...grats your pet can solo qvic trash...a necro pet solos qvic trash...my necro pet with heals can solo PoD trash...talking about bosses Tongue your pet cannot tank against a boss in qvic+

Yes beastlord pets are excellent dps...when they are alive...im not tryin to knock beastlords...i have a beastlord..hes awesome...Just in T2 a lot of times he would die and my rangers be my main dps focus...they were always more dependable...safe and steady dps
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:06:13 am by Karbuk » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:54 am »

I kinda disagree with melee being superior to pet class. Proper use of pet guard and pet hold and flipping the mob with your mage/bst/necro and you can still very much so compete with melee class. As for bosses that spawn adds, nothing can really compete with area taunt on a warrior, but pet class still out dps's any melee class most of the time. A closer statement would be that one has advantages where another doesn't and vice versa.

In my post it says solo'ing trash, not bosses. In my post it says nothing beats warriors ability to area taunt for tanking the bosses. As for bosses in T2 I use my pet all the time. Occasionally my pet might die here and there but usually only if I make a mistake. Put the mob on the backside. 30k base hp + 20k from weps plus buffs and you should stay alive through ramps, unless your healer forgets to heal.

I fully acknowledge that pets can not tank bosses qvic+. No where in my post did I even insinuate that a pet could tank bosses, especially bosses that spawn adds.

Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 11:25:52 am »

Well then my mistake...sorry sir Tongue
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 09:08:52 am »

On the other hand.. if you were a Paly, I would have said after Field of Bone, if you survive it, you will need a group!  Grin

Poor Pallies..... Hunter is going to get so sick of hearing this that he is going to make them insanely super powered. LOL!

Prophecy.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58:55 am »

If you qualify 'soloing' as how many one person can box solo, then you can take almost the entire content of the server 'solo'. Smiley

That's how I look at it. I never have to rely on groups to progress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383