Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 04:03:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi Leaping?  (Read 29215 times)
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:26 am »

Doesn't seem like any rules were broken here and then he was nice enough to leave the loot on the boss for you. 

If I zoned in to Tacvi and it was empty with just the final boss up I would engage him also.
Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:29 am »

heh he said hoe a lot...thats kinda funny
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:34 am »

yes some guy dont kill tuna because too hard for them.

That append tome coming with nobody in tacvi so engaging tuna.

Also, you are accusing someone and saying you have frap...

Where is your frap.

Nothing to say without any proof.
Brink

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 10:30:51 am »

Lmao,
Next time someone spawns kronos i'm going to go up and pull one onto me and die. Then yell at them for training..... NOT
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 11:18:08 am »

With regard to the title "Tacvi Leaping" at one time on one of the previous forums I recall a post from Hunter that basically said whomever engages the first boss is entitled to the entire run.  There is no leapfrogging allowed in Tacvi.

If that is still correct (assuming my memory isn't faulty)  Wink then when you arrive in an empty Tacvi and see that only the final boss is up, you should assume it belongs to someone else who wiped out.  Do an /ooc (is that working ok now?  haven't been in game in a few days) to see if someone is coming back.  If, after a reasonable amount of time has passed (say 10 minutes) no one has answered or shown up to try again it's probably safe to engage.

To my knowledge, Tacvi is the only zone on the EZ server that has a "No Leapfrog" rule.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:20:58 am by Gantrathor » Logged
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 11:19:36 am »

...I recall a post from Hunter that basically said whomever engages the first boss is entitled to the entire run...

I too remember this.
Brink

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 11:22:06 am »

From what Ive seen just by players alone. Once someone starts killing Tacvi, its there round. Meaning all the bosses 1-8 are for them. However if someone dies and no one is in the zone. It kinda doesn't matter lol.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 11:33:30 am »

except they have the right to return, regroup and re-engage in a reasonable amount of time.
Mirielle
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 11:36:52 am »

I would say that if the person / group in the run wipes and doesn't come back and re-engage in 5 mins, then it opens it up (abandoned zone)?  (As per the rules thread).

So if someone enters the zone, sees the final boss up and no-one else in the zone, then I would think that they ought to wait 5 mins before engaging the boss.

Thus adhereing to both the no leapfrogging and the 5-min engage rule?

Maybe I'm reading and interpreting it wrong though.
Eisengaurd

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:17 pm »

I'll touch on everything I read regarding the situation.

When I entered the zone, the first boss was up.  I then engaged Tunat assuming he would come running, he did not which makes me assume someone was rushing to get to tunat.  So if I'm not mistaken, I did not leap and was entitled to the zone since i was attempting to pull the first boss and thus the zone?

Second, there were no corpses in tunat's room, If i saw corpses I would've OOC'd and my intentions were always to help.  I know we're all familiar with the bug of corpses not always appearing, so on my screen, they weren't there.

Finally,  if Tacvi is exempt from the rules of 'leap frogging' it should be posted on the current forums.  The way it currently reads it sounds of linear progression and therefore tacvi fits, in my opinion.  While it was a jerk thing to enact the rules, I was only playing that card due to his extremely rude behavior.

Either way we will get a ruling on tacvi and how the rules apply.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »

I understand your point Mirielle, but as different rules apply to Tacvi than other zones, the 5 minute rule isn't (in my opinion) applicable.  The entire run belongs to the first person/group to engage the first mob.  Regardless of wipes, rebuffs, etc...once the first mob is engaged, the rest are off limits until the person/group either finishes the run or relinquishes the rights to it, either verbally or by abandonment.  It can easily take more than 5 minutes for a group to come back after a wipe.  That's why I mentioned 10 minutes in my post, along with using /ooc to check if anyone is coming back.

Eisengaurd, I would agree with your assessment if the first mob had in fact come running to you.  Since it did not, that meant someone else had aggro'd him ahead of you and therefore they had the rights to the run.  As you had checked and didn't find anyone in zone with the full spawn up, I can see why you would think that way.  Assuming everyone is telling things properly from their own point of view, I would guess that Kroe must've zoned in and engaged Boss 1 between the time you checked the zone and the time you engaged Tunat.

I too would like to see a repost of the No Leapfrog in Tacvi rule on the current forums to clear up future issues...assuming of course it is still in place.  My quess is when Hunter posted his rules this one was obscure enough that it didn't occur to him to post it.  Since we haven't had any Tacvi leaping arguements there was no squeeky wheel to grease.  ;-)
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:22 pm »

Where's the fraps, without fraps, there is no arguement, srsly.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 03:52:10 pm »

Bottom line in this debate.

Tacvi has 8 mobs total,
A group capable of handling the mobs war already present, or recovering from a wipe,
Eisenguard jumped in an decided to kill what wasn't his

Most here on this server, at least in my experience, consider Tacvi 1 camp. This is due to the long spawn time, and again low number of mobs.

When you played on live (if you played live) and were at a camp, did you kill 1 mob out of the like 40 available? or kill all that were around that area? Same concept here. Small zone with few mobs.
Don't be a douche

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 03:53:46 pm »

Where's the fraps, without fraps, there is no arguement, srsly.

And this, of course my previous post was before seeing this.
I will gladly retract my assumption if FRAPS proves to be complete BS on poster's part.

Eisengaurd

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 03:54:40 pm »

Reed-

There is no bottom line.  I zoned in to Tacvi with Boss 8 and Boss 1 up.  I wasn't being a 'douche' by any means.  I didn't zone in at the front and run past his group setting up. I logged in to zone with Tunat up, and Boss 1 up. So to me that's not recovering from a wipe.  Please read everything before you make your assessment so you don't look like a 'douche'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)