Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:21:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updates 06-01-12  (Read 9576 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

Spell file 060312 is now available!

Most of this weekend updates will be for the Ancient Shield Quest.

This Ancient Shield Quest is mostly done. The last major thing that I need to create (by Saturday night at latest) are the recipe combines for the Magic Box. The bosses, drops, and recipe book are all available already for raiding. So go ahead and get the components now and you'll be able to combine by tomorrow (Saturday).

You will need to be in the Crafters Guild to do this quest. The recipe book will be sold in the Crafters Zone. Components for the shield will be similar to strike augments, plus new components from 10 different bosses to start the first rank of the shield which are raided in Original and Kunark zones. Anyone can join the raid to fight the bosses, but you'll need to be Crafter Guilded for some of the combine components from the Crafters Zone.

Tried to make each of the 10 bosses a little bit different from each other, different stats, different spells, etc. Only thing I haven't added yet for them are pets or adds. This might get added later, so farm up your components before the bosses get harder!

When the server is down for reboot, will post a new spell file of 060112 before the server comes back up. You'll need this spell file to see what new spells the bosses are casting.

Anyone that gets max shield should be able to survive a lot better in end game zones without getting 1-rounded. Both the HP and the stackable Stonewall should make this item well worth getting. Paladins and SK's would probably benefit the most since they already like to use shields. Any other classes would highly benefit as well, sacraficing DPS for surviving.

As each new tier comes out at the end of the game, more ranks of the Ancient Shield will be made, adding 1% more Stonewall to the shield, per custom tier zone, and more HP too obviously. The HP per rank should scale per tier required (every 5 ranks) as to not trivialize lower tiers too quickly.

Will add more to this post as needed over the weekend.

Enjoy!

Ninjastrikes will be Magic Based Resist after next reboot. No spell file is yet available, and not needed either.

One of the bosses had some of the resistances tweaked. Each of the 10 bosses have different resist to different stuff such as Magic, Ice, Fire, Disease, and Poison. Figure out what works best. Something might be resistant to Fire based spells, but weak to Cold based spells, etc.

Everything else seems to be working as intended. Some stuff may have place holders that even look like the original boss.

Might need to tweak HP's as needed depending how difficult the fights are.

Necro AA Swarm of Decay should be fixed now:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2679.msg38026#msg38026

Updated the spell file again to 060312 which includes some minor fixes.

Ninjastrike will now show as Magic Based instead of Fire Based proc spells.

New Focus and Worn effects for the Ancient Shield.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:36:05 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »

awesome cant wait hunter....now if only that pesky crafters guild ring would show up Tongue
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:16:33 pm »

Read thru the book!! I like...

Nice price too haha

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:22 pm »

For those interested in this make sure to join Crafter's Guild!

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2882.0

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:29:49 pm »

For those interested in this make sure to join Crafter's Guild!

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2882.0

That could use a sticky, since alot of people are gonna be looking to do it now.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:18 am »

Resists are crazy high on these bosses .. a few in particular lol

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:04:32 am »

Resists are crazy high on these bosses .. a few in particular lol

Did you send him an email about that one we discussed ?

-Hate"
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »

all of the ores needed for shield levels 1-40 cost 24,679,145 plat

who has plat i can borrow?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »

Shield Ranks 9 + 11 both showed as Ancient Shield XI but now its fixed to show IX and XI. Will show correct after next reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 11:29:45 am »

I like the new focus!! woot!

-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:00 pm »

Ninjastrike will now show as Magic Based instead of Fire Based proc spells.

The "Magic" based spell works with enchanters debuff spell that increases incoming spell damage!! Maybe other spells can get resist types and they will work as well with their specific debuff? =D

Enchanter == Magic debuff -- seems to work!   ( Wail of Tashan I - III) --- Works with Ninja's now after change
Bard == Cold/Ice debuff  -- ( Harmonious Composition I - III) -- not working with any spells ive tried or Icestrikes
Mage == Fire debuff -- (Malos' Malignance I - III) -- not working with any spells or Firestrikes
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:15:47 pm by Paldail » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 04:04:55 pm »

I don't know how to make Ice/Fire procs do more damage or why the Ninjastrike Magic base is doing more damage. Maybe that works with Magic Base only?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:41 pm »

I don't know how to make Ice/Fire procs do more damage or why the Ninjastrike Magic base is doing more damage. Maybe that works with Magic Base only?

That was my second guess.. that those Limiters only work for Magic based spells

Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »

Any other classes would highly benefit as well, sacraficing DPS for surviving.

This is exactly what I said I was afraid of in the other post about this. DPS classes should not be required to sac dps just to live through the fight. Caster DPS wont need to do this. Yet melee get gimpped again. I mean 1st no new stuff for melee dps when the casters got there spells. Then a broken ass fix for the monk T3 spell which I mentioned in the broken stuff post and never got addressed. Now a game changing item in terms of survival and we gotta kill half our damage just to live once this becomes the balancing point for HP. If dps is balanced on our maximum dps, yet because of we need to actually live through the fight we can never actually use our maximum dps, whats the friggin point?

Fail, just F-ing FAIL!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:39:53 pm by Gyan1010 » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »

Any other classes would highly benefit as well, sacraficing DPS for surviving.

This is exactly what I said I was afraid of in the other post about this. DPS classes should not be required to sac dps just to live through the fight. Caster DPS wont need to do this. Yet melee get gimpped again. I mean 1st no new stuff for melee dps when the casters got there spells. Then a broken ass fix for the monk T3 spell which I mentioned in the broken stuff post and never got addressed. Now a game changing item in terms of survival and we gotta kill half our damage just to live once this becomes the balancing point for HP. If dps is balanced on our maximum dps, yet because of we need to actually live through the fight we can never actually use our maximum dps, whats the friggin point?

Fail, just F-ing FAIL!

Uhh, crybaby.. pretty sure you can do all current content without this shield(considering T6 is done for what 3 guilds now?).. I don't see you currently clearing T6 with the rest of us.. (Honestly the dynamics of T6 will halt a lot of players who dont want to grind or help each other)

And yeah sometimes you gotta give up some DPS to live.. This item belongs on Pallys SKs Warrior. Sure if you want to get it on another get it but there is enough hps to go around if not.. its way to expensive to be on all toons.. Hell Im wearing it now the lvl 40 and my bank is empty. Like other things there will be a lot of players that will never get this.. the Bosses are hard as hell even for T6 grps... so unless you buy the ore and buy all the essences and farm tons of PP.. don't plan on getting it..

And also don't beat down all the ppl getting spells and skills fixed
.. @ least they are being looked at and corrected this has came a long way... dont through a tantrum cause your fix didnt get added..I feel I give ideas a lot but hey if they get added good if not at least brainstormed..

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:32:14 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95