Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:09:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 06-09-12  (Read 20249 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »

No new spell file download required at this time, current one already available is still good.

Added a few more new spells to drop to most custom tiers.
Renamed Ancient Shield to Shield of the Ages
Updated Shield Quest - 10 Bosses (Epic 1.5 groups should be able to kill now).
Removed Non_Custom_Zones NPC
Updated Universal_Teleporter NPC code (XYZ, etc)
Re-added NPC Spells to T3/T4 Bosses

Players that have Epic 1.5's should be able to kill the 10 bosses required in the Shield Quest. The bosses do have some regen, but not too major. May need at least a full group or more to break through the bosses hp regen. This should help players start their Shield Quest using Qvic Essences.

The millions of plat required doesn't happen until the higher ranks, so it basically scales with the tiers as you go up. The recipe book is not required for any of the combines, so if you already know what is required in the quest, then you do not need to buy/read it.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:37:51 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:00:50 am »

Some of the shield bosses still have the same AOEs that will probably 1 shot a 1.5 group.

Cazel - in Oasis .. is uber bugged too.. Flurries about 100 times per second and spams my screen... killed a 6.0 warrior 653,000 HP in about.. 10 seconds lol

Correction.. 21 Flurries / Rampages in 1 combat round heh
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:15:10 am by Paldail » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:41:43 am »

Learn tactics, you noob. I saw a Necro solo'ing Cazel.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:59:41 am »

Learn tactics, you noob. I saw a Necro solo'ing Cazel.

Ah kiting mobs.. fun times!

Will we be seeing any kiting in T7? lol

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:14:30 am by Paldail » Logged

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:54 am »

Hunter did you intend to have EVERY T4 boss to spawn with a DT of 585k? i mean i've seen several groups wipe due to this. even with T5 gear i wipe doing them now. this kind of makes it very hard for anyone not T5+ to do T4...i know the DT is between 90 and 120 seconds minus warlord who was DTin eveyr 30 seocnds...this makes him harder then MCP just looking to see if htis was intended if so....why? also..have you looked into the T6 Zone crashes? they crash at least twice a day. maybe check for a memeory leak?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:06:48 am »

Was the HP of T4 mobs lowered or am I crazy? I was killing most of them before they DTed me

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 01:23:23 pm »

No, same hps. Its kind of overkill when you have a bracer mob spawning adds, doing AE root every 60 seconds or less, and doing a knockback.....then adding a 585K DT on top of it. Was it your intention for this Hunter? Because TBH even with DI doing Burning Prince is dicey with a group of 4.0 chars. Or were you wanting to force T4 to be multi group content?

Just not sure where you wanted to head with this. I understand adding spells back in to the mobs, and even agree with it....but DT was a stupid copout mechanic live, and I like it just as little here. While I can see it on key mobs for added challenge, adding it to every boss in a zone seems as if it were unintentional, because it makes very little sense.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

Why does everyone cry when he puts things back to how it origionally were when he created them?
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:16:27 pm »

Why does everyone cry when he puts things back to how it origionally were when he created them?

I'd imagine it was changed so people could progress, but now that those people have progressed pass it, its time to close the gate for the rest.  Only people who I've seen for the change, are those already pass it in the progression and can burn it before the DT's.

Was the HP of T4 mobs lowered or am I crazy? I was killing most of them before they DTed me

The DT's were a horrible game mechanic from inception and at least Verent realized it, for its only been rarely used outside of Original content(and yes before a troll pounces I realize PoS, Fear, and Hate lagged behind the release of EQ).  Master Yael and the very last pop in the Cursed cycle are the only ones I can think of that used it after the realization of how horrible it was, guilds only raided Sky...if they had to, not for fun.  They killed Golems in Fear only if they had too...or to take a break from the clearing of zone. On a side note, yes Aten in Vex Thal also had DT, but wasn't worth mentioning since it was avoidable by killing the warders first.

The NPC roots are also OP, 15+ minutes is too extreme...most afflictions should not exceed the duration of the fight.  3-5 minute would be more reasonable...5 minute still being too long, since sometime the root is cast as the MoB dies...and you have to sit there and watch your loot go public.  Someone will feel the need to mention clicking T2 pants...the root starts in T1.  3 Minutes on the root would be a perfect number, since thats also the amount of time it take a corpse to become public.

The root included in T3/4 has made the remaining casters ineffective. Their nukes are already resisted except on add pops, so all they had left was their pets.  The root neuters the pets to the status of statue, unless something just happens to get near...off-tanking a pivotal dynamic of EQ rendered useless since there will be no add pick ups...turning every fight into Tank and Spanks.

I never saw the problem with the way T3/4 was currently...something not broken didn't need fixed, if it was changed in the past it was to get to the point it was currently in...a doable endeavor for equivalenty geared people.  I haven't heard any official reasons for the changes, but rumors are because of essence farming for the new Shield implemented, but that doesn't seem right either because changing back content to accommodate forward content doesn't make sense.

Someone mentioned the T5 noobs and the changes reduce them...no it doesn't reduce them it adds under-geared noobs into T5, since now the armor is unobtainable.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:54:58 pm by Stormcougar » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 05:06:43 pm »

Original Inny, Cazic, pretty much every island boss 4+ in Sky all used to DT. I don't think any legit boss from Kunark or Velious used it, except for a spawned guy for the cleric epic quest chain.

In Luclin, Shei, Exiled, Cursed, Emp, and Seru all used to DT. They took it off of the last three once people started getting into VT.

I think an interesting way to handle DTs here would be to put them on the adds rather than the boss, giving you a timer to kill them to avoid it.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:58:39 pm »

i like that idea, gives you incentive to actually kill them
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

Thank you for the spells and the new shield Hunter.

However, I and many others are very upset by the change to T3/4 mobs making them nuke for 587k (It's not a DT, those are way higher and non-mitigateable)

Everyone is fine with the spells being back on the mobs, except the ae root crap from T1+ mobs being way to long.

The huge nuke is totally unfair, personaly I left halfway through T3/4 to work on UC since you cant even get a 4.0 and finish T4 without it (Again overkill/uc takes way to long) And now my reward for going backwards to pre-tiered content to spend endless boaring hours getting the uc you have made required (and server defining at the same time, come on dude?) is that when I try to go back and work on T3/4 when I get literally SICK from ldon is my 12 man team gets pwned by stuff I was easily killing before.

If I had known this I would have stayed in T3/4 and finished all my armor before going after UC.

Please get rid of the nukes on all the mobs in T3/4 including warlord and mcp, keep the other spells and stuff thats all good.

Thanks for reading, and letting me play here.

PS. The UC takes WAY to long, plz reduce the peices by half, or increase drops/coins.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 09:00:33 pm »

Ok im pretty sure since ldons and hoh are BEFORE T3/4 you should have a UC already don't ya think? It's a raid zone right? So not that all your toons need UCs but if your raiding there should be around 3-4 UCs on the raid? Just saying....
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:58 pm »

I agree with ho0ked, thanks for the work put in and giving us a place to play.

Also agree that if the UC is to be required the HUGE time-sink should be reduced...otherwise I always thought he UC was just a way to make things easier, rewarding those who choose to pursue it.  Very much like the RoA...hopefully in the future that remains a tool to make things easier for those who chase it and not a required device.

Ok im pretty sure since ldons and hoh are BEFORE T3/4 you should have a UC already don't ya think? It's a raid zone right? So not that all your toons need UCs but if your raiding there should be around 3-4 UCs on the raid? Just saying....

By that philosophy we should also already have RoA 100, since its pre-pre-pre-Tiered content.  I've always thought of the UC and RoA as a longtime Veteran reward.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:16:19 pm by Stormcougar » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »

I'd like to see a boss that did an aoe fear and then maybe a 15 second root. That would be pretty funny.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)