Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 06:32:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 06-09-12  (Read 20243 times)
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 10:46:00 pm »

I'd like to see a boss that did an aoe fear and then maybe a 15 second root. That would be pretty funny.

lol Ever introduce an Earth to a Storm in HoH...the results are just as disastrous.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:46:49 pm »

Chill people. I'll look into it when I'm home again.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:43:37 pm »

you rock hunter thank you
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 01:33:58 am »

No reason to bring up UC grind nerf in here guys! UC is required for progression in T5+

Tower of Frozen Shadow was to be the alternative to Ldon grinding but the eta on that zone is unknown at this time.

Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 02:29:18 am »

No reason to bring up UC grind nerf in here guys! UC is required for progression in T5+

Tower of Frozen Shadow was to be the alternative to Ldon grinding but the eta on that zone is unknown at this time.

...and to put this topic back on track this is about T3/4.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 11:00:36 am »

Not changing the grind on the UC, this has already been discussed.

The spells I re-added to the T3/T4 bosses are the same groups of spells that they originally had. Players who reached T3/T4 Bosses before anyone else had to deal with this. The only reason I removed it is because of zone crashing, and I couldn't figure out why the zone was crashing. Apparently this zone crashing has already been fixed. Anyone who has been here a while can tell you about that. The zone crashes have been 99% eliminated. So I put the original spells back into those bosses.

The shout kill is actually Cazic Thules shout kill. And yes players are getting enough HP now to survive it. I'll have to increase the damage on it so players will stop complaining about it being a high nuke spell, and it'll just be instant death again as intended.

I've changed all the shout kills on T3/T4 bosses to a weak AoE poison for now.

The AoE Root will remain for now.

Enjoy

Hunter - EZ Server GM
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »

Not changing the grind on the UC, this has already been discussed.

The spells I re-added to the T3/T4 bosses are the same groups of spells that they originally had. Players who reached T3/T4 Bosses before anyone else had to deal with this. The only reason I removed it is because of zone crashing, and I couldn't figure out why the zone was crashing. Apparently this zone crashing has already been fixed. Anyone who has been here a while can tell you about that. The zone crashes have been 99% eliminated. So I put the original spells back into those bosses.

The shout kill is actually Cazic Thules shout kill. And yes players are getting enough HP now to survive it. I'll have to increase the damage on it so players will stop complaining about it being a high nuke spell, and it'll just be instant death again as intended.

I've changed all the shout kills on T3/T4 bosses to a weak AoE poison for now.

The AoE Root will remain for now.

Enjoy

Hunter,

Thankyou very much for considering the concerns of your playerbase! Why oh why didn't you work for sony before it was to late lol

Thanks again for the wonderful world you have created and the respect you show for our concerns

Ho0ked

PS. I am still very concerned about the UC and how it is essentially required to play here, yet ENORMOUSLY hard to obtain, where is the appropriete place to discuss this issue?

PSS. Idk if your aware but this fourm posting mechanism is seriously mesed up, as i type the window scrolls up back to your quote making it really hard to write to you, I have to constantly force it back down in order to read what im writing, it is also horribly laggy typing very slowly as i type fast...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »

I honestly dont think the UC is all that hard to obtain. Time consuming? Yes! Definitely! Mind numbingly boring? Without a doubt! Worth the effort? Beyond question.

But difficult? No.

And BTW....thank you Hunter. Even when we dont agree on an issue I gotta respect how you handle issues here. Thanks for the attention.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 01:48:49 pm »

I'm not concerned about the UC, that was never an issue...but there was a weak counter-logic to the UC arguement.  The changes to T3/4 was my consern.  It used to be fun and challenging. Now its  fun and challenging.

Before, It allowed off-tanking, pet pick-ups, and general use of your whole party.  The root has removed pet classes from play...the high resist rate has blocked casters nuke...Casters being completely useless, unless the pets happen to be already near something to kill, they are nothing.

Is this the intent to make an all melee server?  Tank and spank, the root doesn't add a challenge, it just turns a fight into a tank and spank...*yawn* fight, fight, switch to adds, fight, fight, switch to adds.  Leaves do room for group dynamics....fight fight switch to adds...that's it...changes a non-linear game back to a linear feel...this is how it WILL be done and no room for classes to add their charm and jest to the mix. 

15 minutes on a Root...how can this not be seen unreasonable.  3 minutes is the perfect number...even if the MoB casts it upon death, it allows you to get to corpse and hold it before it becomes public.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 01:54:01 pm »

15 minutes on a Root...how can this not be seen unreasonable.  3 minutes is the perfect number...even if the MoB casts it upon death, it allows you to get to corpse and hold it before it becomes public.

Your logic is faulty, the corpse becomes "public" in the eyes of a Ninja Looter after 2.5 minutes, not 3...  On this server, however, the corpse is NEVER public.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »

Oh, and P.S.  That's what Radiant Cure is for, and if your pet is rooted, suspend minion and bring it back again, voila, no more root...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:56 pm »

My logic is fine, Fifteen(15) minute root, you don't even sit a child in timeout for that long...and the 3 minute was a number grabbed from a an event that occurs.

Oh and P.S.S RC has 3 minute refresh and MoB's refresh the root as soon as you get rid of it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:33:54 pm by Stormcougar » Logged
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 02:35:02 pm »

Sorry but before this change the zone was not hard or fun at all, it was basically turn in token hit attack and watch tv till i had to kill adds. Sorry that you can't do that anymore and it was fun to you or even hard, but this is accually fun to me now that i gotta pay attention just alittle more. Once again this is a raid zone right? Takes more then a few casters and tanks to do it now thats all. Hope he puts in a DT that kills all tanks cause its just a minor upkeep to stay alive, wouldnt mind haven to rez a tank and use off tank once and a while imo....
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:04 pm »

Sorry but before this change the zone was not hard or fun at all, it was basically turn in token hit attack and watch tv till i had to kill adds. Sorry that you can't do that anymore and it was fun to you or even hard, but this is accually fun to me now that i gotta pay attention just alittle more. Once again this is a raid zone right? Takes more then a few casters and tanks to do it now thats all. Hope he puts in a DT that kills all tanks cause its just a minor upkeep to stay alive, wouldnt mind haven to rez a tank and use off tank once and a while imo....

Don't really see valid argument...all I see is a T6 coming back down and Boo Hoo'ing that stuff 2 or 3 Tiers down has became "Trivial"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:19:00 pm by Stormcougar » Logged
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »

Nap, I would hope that you would see T3/T4 as boring since your epic 6.0 and T6 geared. That would be like me complaining that Tacvi is boring cause I can solo it in 5 minutes. I haven't been in T3/T4 since these changes have been made due to gearing up some alts but I can tell you that when I was in full T2 and no UC, the T3 bosses themselves were pretty tough and when they got in a lucky round it could one shot my tank. It wasn't until I got my UC on my warrior and 4.0's on my necro and paladins that I was able to auto mode it but even then theres times a lucky round sends me to 20% hp and I gotta hit viv on my cleric in a panic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)