Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:14:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dead Horse, why the UC needs to be made way easier  (Read 15852 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 03:50:01 am »

Aeiou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:22 am »

Be thankful players sell the charms, and be thankful there are LDoN credits for your time invested. The other mega custom items require you to do the work yourself, with no way around it, ie: Sceptre of Time and RoA. Why are there no major complaint threads on SoT or RoA? Probably because no one is getting teased with the opportunity to get parts of the quest done for "free", so the notion of actually doing the work is tossed out immediately.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 06:32:52 am »

I agree with Xiggie!  Add pigs to LDoN!

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:46 am »

Nothing personal friend, but no.

I've got only 3 UCs, cleric is nearing his (4th). Take time to read through the forums. Hunter has already said that the revamp of ToFS will become the alternative to LDON for UC (with some new goodies mixed in). It is designed to give players a challenge while giving a similar (if not slightly faster for top-level players) time frame.

1) 46 hours is nothing compared to live. You said you played live and should know this. Hell, even some of the vanilla/BC raids in WoW took this long to clear and gear up. Here you can be in T3 in a day or two, so why shouldn't there be something time consuming?

This is part of the reason I left live, few people have or ever really did have this kind of time to spend. 46hours is also the most uber players timeframe, most of us won't match that.

2) What is your gear looking like? >_>  You mention in 3 that this is supposed to be a "Server defining veterans item", but mention it is too hard for 2.0-3.5 players? Also, 46 hours isn't months unless you are sitting at ~1h a day max. Even then, that's still not bad considering that would get you NOWHERE in any other game.

Let me clear up some ignorant misconceptions now, (nothing against you hate, some other jerk wanted to sling n00by mud at me) I have been here since about feb this year, playing almost full time mon-fri. 4.0 toons> war clrc pal pal sk mag nec rog ber 3.0/3.5 toons brd mnk all armor T3/4 war is T4

3) Actually it's T5 that seems to be the requirement. However, technically warriors could skim by with a combination of the Shield of the Ages and the 4.0 epic...but warriors are whores, so we won't count them.

T5 is barely doable with my crew I die every fight on trash and named are unkillable for me.

4) Nope. WoW requires a useless ilevel average across your gear and/or some trash achievement to consider you good. Despite the fact that you may be god awful or mind-blowingly amazing, if your item level doesn't average out to a certain score and/or you don't have some achievement for downing a raid end boss...you won't get in. Meaning you need to be overgeared for the raid being run to be allowed in. Is this WoW? Thankfully not. Is this EQ live? Also thankfully not. Is EZ a cakewalk the entire playthrough? Nope.

Why make a required item SO hard for every one to get? if its a server defining "best" item in game it shouldn't be for everyone, yet everyone needs it to progress, this is a double standard really.

5) An UC is not required for T5 if running a whorrior or loladin (maybe). If running a shadow knight or a lower-geared paladin, you will need it. EZ is quick and fun is, but the time investment curve increases in somewhat of a bell curve as you advance in tiers.

UC is pretty much required if you want to kill any named, which is kinda the point, and the game has a HUGE roadblock once you get to T4 in the form of a months long quest for a required item thats also the best item on the server? I don't call this a curve I call it a road block.

I think you misunderstand the intent of the UC. It was not designed around a certain content level, but it is VERY strong. It is not technically a requirement for any certain tier, but at MCP/T5, it should be closely considered such.

Again, this boils down to where are you in the game, what are you running (character(s)), what epic(s) are equipped, etc etc.

As for the grinding, don't try and faceroll it out. Bits and pieces. Get an hour here or two there. If you don't, you will burn out and quit. Keep in mind, you probably got up to or near t2 in less than a week. What other game allows you to max level and then advance THREE tiers of gearing in such a small time frame?

I am not trying to do it all at once, ive already spent weeks working it 1 UC and like I stated it sucks so bad it has killed any interest I had in playing but if I don't get this item, on most of my toons, my career playing here is over, because its required, I find this extremely offputting, the UC should have never been considerd when making content it should have been treated like a bonus item so everyone doesn't "have" to get it, making it elite like Hunter seems to want it to be.

Yes this server is faster then eqlive, thats one of the reasons I came here, to feel like i accomplished something in this lifetime. This item throws a huge monkey wrench into an otherwise awsome setup imo

-Hate
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:30 am »

Thanks for trashing up my serious discussion with useless tripe, way to contribute. And here from researching I thought you were decent guy....

So much for that idea.
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 08:43:56 am »

Bottom line people times change, technology changes life moves on, keeping an old archaic system in place simply because thats how it always was is not a valid argument.

By this logic we would still be in england, US would not exist, and we would all have horse carts and slaves, while bowing to the king.

We need to make the UCv1 MUCH more accessable to the regular players, keep the UCv2 super hard so only the best most dedicated veterans can earn it. Stop tuning content around having the UC, which is what is making this item required in the first place.

Hunter if people are advancing to fast (same problem for all games there is no answer btw) find ways to make things harder without being rediculous or sickeningly boaring, lower drops on armor, or epics, but a 200 item quest over mutiple zones with random rare drops that takes months is not helping, when I joined here I was told expect 4-6months for my first UC, if eqlive had something like this that was required I would have quit a long time ago, thankfully they made these kinda awsome items optional.

Does anyone have a real logical or technical reason why this shouldn't be done?

So far all I see is high end (read done with UC) people saying we had to do it this way so you have to also, if this is the case, go walk to the nearst farm and help slaughter some meat, then go pick veggies in the field then have your family walk over and help you carry it all home, to cook on your open pit fire while you wash your laundry in the creek lol

Times change, I believe we should change with them.

I have said my peace, thanks for reading Hunter thanks for everything
I dont want this to devolve any further so I am done, I will sit back and see if you are willing to make some adjustments, if not, life goes on, I will keep playing or leave for another server, I just wanted to express my feelings constructively

Thanks again for an overal very well done world to play on sir!
Ho0ked
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 09:09:46 am »

I guess I just dont see how UC isnt accessible by all players. Someone with a 2.0 can do charms to lvl 25...and a 3.0 group can do shadow (not that they'd stay 3.0 for long, since this is also the 3.5 zone). UC isnt needed for HoH....hell, it isnt needed for T3. Farming charms isnt that hard. A guildie did all of his UC on 3 characters 2 boxing, because his system couldnt take more than 2 open clients at a time. When he started he was running 3.0's and T2 armor. He 2 boxed a warrior and pally through Shadow with 3.0's and T2 armor AND got the charm upgrades he needed to UC. And most of this was done before weapon augs went live. Slow? Compared to some, yes....but its very doable.

Again, I dont see where UC is prohibitive. Anyone can get UC.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 11:57:02 am »

It was harder that what you are describing to get UC's that what you are saying. We did it without augs giving us insane dps. We did it without T4 gear giving us upwards of 200 to 300k hp. I got mine on my monk about 2 or 3 mobs at a time. The logic you are using is true, it should be easier, and it is. Congratulations, you can now farm your UC with your T4 4.0'd warrior. I had to farm mine so I could get my 3.5 and my 4.0 and my T3 gear. I remember when T3/4 first came out and a guild mate of mine went and did their fisrt T3 fight. Him and a couple of guys had 9 toons total. They had to tell people not to zone in because anything more and it would crash the zone. They set to it and pulled out as much dps as they could. The mob despawned.... they do that after an hour. Balthor and I went and did shadow on the day he was made. We wiped several times and I think we eventually got him down somewhere in the 30's before we wiped again. If I remember correctly it took us 48 minutes to get him that low on that attempt.

I am sorry you are having a hard time but we did not have it as easy as what you have it. That 46 hours you are talking about is extremely fast and quite frankly I believe undoable. It takes me about that time to get done with ldons part of it and that is me keeping all mobs in ldon4 down, (fasted floor I know of).

I made light of your post because we've had this conversation on the forums with various people time and time again.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »

We need to make the UCv1 MUCH more accessable to the regular players

Who are "regular players"? Do they play only 1 hour a day? If so, then don't expect to get an Ultimate Charm.

Its one of the most desired items in the game, and yes it'll take time to get.

At least there are ranks of 4 types of charms that you can work on before getting the UC, so you can see some sort of progress, extra HP, etc throughout the ranks, until the final combine is done. This point is being neglected.

Also we now have Shield of the Ages which can be started during Qvic. This should complement other gear (RoA, UC) to further help surviving, something that veterans never had, and this is another point being neglected.

This game is getting easier and easier with each update, but the best items will take time to acquire. The "Hardcore" players will always have better gear than the "Casual" players, its always been this way.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »

I joined this server about a year ago.. If I am lucky, I get to play a couple hours a week.. I think I can I consider myself a 'regular' player - if that definition is meant for a casual/time-limited players. I am totally cool with there being no changes to the UC process.

With the exception of a few helping hands along the way, I've pretty much done everything on my own. I've never purchased an armor drop or bought an epic page - which may change, but I've wanted to do it on my own. I just started to break into HoH.. It's taken time, but I am enjoying it... and I'm proud of what I've been able to do with my team of 6 3.0'd/T2 toons.

After seeing the benifit of getting the Oracle on one of my Pals to level 20, I've decided to go ahead and commit to leveling all my charms, first for my Pal, then for my War. I know it's going to suck grinding through Ldon over and over, but hey, I am going to get tons of gems/plat from it. I guess for me, it will be a matter of pride when I get that first UC done. I will have done what all these 'Veteran's' have done. The fact that I don't have it keeps me coming back to the challenge of pushing to acquire it.

Just a regular players humble opinion..   

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 01:25:16 pm »

That's what it's all about Bladethorn!  I am glad to see there are some people who play here who actually like the game Hunter is providing us, and not just the ones who would like it just fine if he changed everything

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »

46hrs for a UC? Thats more than 4 charms per hour, I doubt anyone is doing a UC in that amount of time.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »

Double loot weekend I could see it happening. I finished my paladin's UC over memorial day weekend. I got about an upgrade every 15-20 min in LDON6 plus the coins. Then for the second part, I had my necro solo shadow while I ran my other characters around farming the avatars.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »

Pretty sure I did my bards in 30+ hours over double loot. Once I get full v8 Augs I think I can come close to 50 hours but it would be interesting and I wouldn't be looting gems
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

This is part of the reason I left live, few people have or ever really did have this kind of time to spend. 46hours is also the most uber players timeframe, most of us won't match that.

Excuse me, but 12 years and you never had to grind. I have to call bullshit. There is no polite way to say it. Even the some of the Korean MMOs seem easymode by comparison. Everquest has always been a nightmarish long grind.

Let me clear up some ignorant misconceptions now, (nothing against you hate, some other jerk wanted to sling n00by mud at me) I have been here since about feb this year, playing almost full time mon-fri. 4.0 toons> war clrc pal pal sk mag nec rog ber 3.0/3.5 toons brd mnk all armor T3/4 war is T4

If you are sitting at 3.0s and 4.0s, LDON is a cakewalk. Yes a very boring one, but still an easy one. It sucks but anything worth having requires time.

T5 is barely doable with my crew I die every fight on trash and named are unkillable for me.

...omitted...

Why make a required item SO hard for every one to get? if its a server defining "best" item in game it shouldn't be for everyone, yet everyone needs it to progress, this is a double standard really.

...omitted...

UC is pretty much required if you want to kill any named, which is kinda the point, and the game has a HUGE roadblock once you get to T4 in the form of a months long quest for a required item thats also the best item on the server? I don't call this a curve I call it a road block.

It isn't the best item in the game, but that's just me pissing/moaning. If you got this far without any real effort involved, you either set a precedent for the luckiest's SOB this server has ever seen, or you were mostly rushed through. You got to t5 in such a time frame that any REAL time investment seems foreign or out of place. If you expect this timeframe of 2-3 days per tier to continue, how long did you expect to play here? Hunter only has 6 tiers available at the moment.

Also, how do you expect to pass t5? I've been at it off and on for months, EASILY putting in ~80 hours (which is nearly 2 UCs by the ~46h number you gave), and I'm still ~25 bosses away and NUMEROUS pieces of gear away. I have had the privilege of running (mostly) good public raids too, which greatly expedited the process. If the UC is this much of a problem, quit now. I mean that in the most respectful way, but solemnly. UC is a cake walk compared to T5+. If you go complaining about T5 like this, expect a banhammer. UC was the first WoW-kid check, then T5, then the Sceptre quest (well technically this could go t3+).

And the "months long quest"? You referring to shield quest or the UC? Have you tried the weapon aug farm? It's 100x worse than the UC.

I am not trying to do it all at once, ive already spent weeks working it 1 UC and like I stated it sucks so bad it has killed any interest I had in playing but if I don't get this item, on most of my toons, my career playing here is over, because its required, I find this extremely offputting, the UC should have never been considerd when making content it should have been treated like a bonus item so everyone doesn't "have" to get it, making it elite like Hunter seems to want it to be.

...omitted...

Yes this server is faster then eqlive, thats one of the reasons I came here, to feel like i accomplished something in this lifetime. This item throws a huge monkey wrench into an otherwise awsome setup imo

I don't know how else to say it. If this is a "monkey wrench into an otherwise awsome setup", you should quit while you are ahead. T5 will break you, aug farm will break you, and T6 or Sceptre will CRUSH you.

Sorry.

-Hate

EDIT: Also mentioning that I am trash. I have been on the server over 2 years and just entered T5 this year. I only play in spurts and refuse to lolwarrior. I run SK, BRD, CLR, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ. I get the crap kicked out of me quite often. However, I enjoy my group and I enjoy playing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:29:09 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100