Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:26:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Questions About Spells! Help Me!  (Read 13861 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:11 pm »

Answer what you can, I am not expecting full answers for everything. I am just trying to get a feel for how things are going (without being able to actually play).

• Is Kraken still proc'ing every hit?
  • Is Crusader Fury proc'ing every hit?
  • Is there any specific ability(ies) acting ridiculous? (i.e. Lessette's Kick of Fatality healing instead of hurting...)
  • Does anyone have any concerns about any specific ability(ies)?
  • Does anyone have any concerns about a specific class(es)?

-Hate
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:33:31 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:53 pm »

• Is Crusader Fury proc'ing every hit?

I know this one does not proc every hit

I've had to take off my weapon to AoE in pofire because it wouldnt proc before I killed the mob I was targeting

It works decently

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:28:03 am »

• Is Kraken still proc'ing every hit?

I broke down and wrote a way to calculate attacks and procs per attack for kraken...

All tested with just Enchanter 3.0 Haste

Paladin with Weapon on
268 Slashes per Minute
77 Kraken Procs per Minute (procs taken by other augs!)

Paladin with Weapon off  --- seems to be 50% proc rate
113 Attacks (Punches) per minute
64 Kraken Procs per minute

Monk with Weapon On
520 Attacks per minute
124 Kraken procs per minute (Proc slots taken by other augs!)

Monk with Weapon Off --- 33% proc rate
434 Attacks (Punches) per minute
147 Kraken procs per minute

Seems the proc rate is fine to me.. not too many procs per minute like it was before. Was easily 90%++ proc rate before which was laggy if you had too many toons with it

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:54 am »

Excellent, 2 down. Thank you! :-D

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:45:46 am »

Those results makes me wonder what dps would be like if you just took all augs but the ninja augs out of monks weapons...

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:15:17 pm »

I think there's a limit to the number of procs you can do per combat round, or something. This affects SKs, paladins (since they have innate procs and proc buffs) and dual wielders the most. Warriors generally only have 4 procs: cyclone blade and 3 angers, unless they are dual wielding which people generally stop doing once they have a 4.0 anyways.

I bet removing the procratemod from the augs but buffing their damage would help alleviate this problem quite a bit, similar to how kraken is supposed to hit harder but a lot less often now.

Edit: Bringing the 4.0s back down to 2 aug slots and buffing the damage of the VI and higher augs would also work, but I don't know how this would even be doable without people losing some of their augs. I think this ship has already set sail.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:17:06 pm by Griz » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »

Edit: Bringing the 4.0s back down to 2 aug slots and buffing the damage of the VI and higher augs would also work, but I don't know how this would even be doable without people losing some of their augs. I think this ship has already set sail.

Nope, this has already been discussed and is not too far gone. This has been mentioned to Hunter a few times, specifically one evening a month+ ago that we spoke. The ideal solution would be to limit to 2 aug slots MAX per weapon. To compensate for the DPS drop, raise the next rank of strikes by 50%. This would result in LESS augs needing to be made, the proc cap being less of an issue, and a much easier process to aug weapons. :-)

tl;dr - You are on the right path Griz.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »

I'm not sure how it would be possible to do that though without potentially hosing someone on their augs. I mean, you remove a slot, someone has an aug in it, where does it go? Even if you post warnings ingame and on the forums, how many people actually read them?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:27 pm »

I'm not sure how it would be possible to do that though without potentially hosing someone on their augs. I mean, you remove a slot, someone has an aug in it, where does it go? Even if you post warnings ingame and on the forums, how many people actually read them?

Oh no Griz, I was referring to future tiers (7+). New epics could come with less slots. Then the new strikes will be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade.

In example (theoretical): Piratestrike III is T5-T6 and has 1500 damage proc. Piratestrike IV is T7-T8 and has 2200 damage proc. Sweet, fine, dandy. Now we are making adjustments for the 2 aug slot limit. Piratestrike IV goes from 2200 to 3300 damage proc. This 50% step up will compensate for the 'missing' aug slot.

Does that clear things up at all?

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »

What would stop people from using piratestrike IVs in a three socket 6.0?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

What would stop people from using piratestrike IVs in a three socket 6.0?

Hopefully the 20-50k hp difference, but guess we could always just reduce the slot number and leave augs as is.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »

Those results makes me wonder what dps would be like if you just took all augs but the ninja augs out of monks weapons...

I am pretty sure this would result in a huge DPS loss

Reason being... I am pretty sure Augs can only proc 1 timer per combat round... and monks have 8 attacks per cmobat round.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:59:53 pm by Paldail » Logged

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 01:14:45 pm »

What is the point of the various Shadoo/Tribunal/Jacinth spells for shm/bst? Do they even work? I mean I think the intention is for them to reduce damage from poison/disease spells. but I don't think they even work considering all they do right now is increase already capped resists. Even if they did work, it seems like they wouldn't even be that useful. Perhaps they can be turned into something else?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

This is an issue with the code. I simply have not had time yet to make alterations to the source code, compile, test, then repeat the process until it works. The functionality intended is impossible at the moment due to some very inconsistent spell setup in the EMU source.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »

Okay, but like. Unless something changes in T5+ (and by my poking around in the custom spells file, I sincerely doubt it), there is no real source of poison/disease damage at all from enemies other than an upgraded version of the minor/major dragon poison/npc deadly poison/etc line, which can be cured already, and the 1 hour long disease which is easily outregened by anyone who has beaten qvic.

The only way I see the spells being worth casting (and being worth a buff slot) would be if enemies actually had some meaty direct damage poison/disease AoEs, like some kind of AIDS blast that hit for 200k.

Personally, I'd like to see shamans get some more utility via debuffs. The new malos was a good start, but how about an updated cripple that is like 5% reduced melee  and 10% reduced proc damage? I know slow is out of the question.

Shamans are also pretty bad at healing, even with the new acquittal spells, mainly because they are the only priest who doesn't get holy knight strike procs on their epics. One of my favorite spells on live was the group quiescence they added in uh... DoD I think? I have no idea. Basically it's a group HoT
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 318