Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:21:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 10323 times)
Bobbin

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:08:43 pm »

I've searched and read a lot of the forums over the last nine months, so hopefully these won't be an utter rehash of previous suggestions. I'm not starting off with reasons why the UC should be easier, so I should be pretty safe on that count.  Grin

1--Essences. Can the essences be made to combine together into higher rank essences? (i.e. 2x Qvic combines into 1x Tacvi in magic box, and so forth)
The number per combine is up for debate, I suppose--2 to 1 seems like a reasonable amount. The change doesn't seem particularly overpowering but could help provide some resilience in the essence market when it seems like there is a dearth of a particular type. Also, it puts Qvic essences to use for those of us who don't need RoA armor, and aren't the 1% who will go for the Ultimate Weapon. I don't particularly like the reverse idea of being able to 'split' essences, but mainly only because it would trivialize the lower ranks of UW.

2--Spells. I love so many of the 'new' spells. (I took a break for about 5 months starting in January, so they were new to me when I came back a few weeks ago!) Perhaps a good in-game cash sink would be a spells vendor in nexus who would sell spells at a cost based on where the spell dropped? I'd buy TB3 for 500k--though, if it's going to be 1M or more, I'll just wait until someone else is selling it. Not sure how many people have actually purchased kraken from the vendor. Maybe I'm just cheap.

3--Charm Upgrades. Can we remove the lore tag from v1s and make these stackable? Can we make them tradeable, too? I suppose I disagree with most people who think this would help the upgrade market. I think there would be very few people selling upgrades after this change because it doesn't matter which toon you happened to be running when the upgrade dropped. You could just save them for the next one's UC.

4--Rogue Epic. Can the click effect on the rogue epic be made into a passive boost at half power? Managing the rogue is just not worth the effort when monks already do better dps with no special player effort.

5--PoAir Clickies. Warrior pet has almost no hitpoints and disappears at any AE. Since T3/T4 has AEs again now that I've come back, I don't bother using it. Is this working as intended? I suppose that it does make it about as useful as the rogue clicky. Wink

That's really all I have to suggest. I love this server.

Main: Bubbin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »

The essences will not happen simply because it circumvents the need to farm in tier.

Hmm, not bad on spells.

That has been suggested a ton, and shot down a ton. Sorry.

Not entirely...at least not yet. Good idea though.

Would have been easier to just say that the warrior clicky is crap. I will look into alternatives.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:03 pm »

I love the suggestion about the V1 charms.. that should be definitely looked into consideration
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »

Charm debate happens every 2-3 months it seems...it isn't happening. Tofs would be nice though. Spells would probably have to be on a vendor in the tiered zones themselves rather than say the nexus
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »

I'd really like to see the rogue click at least made instant. I'm not sure why everything needs to be 0.8, especially for melee classes.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »

I'd really like to see the rogue click at least made instant. I'm not sure why everything needs to be 0.8, especially for melee classes.

If an instant fails somehow, the cooldown is still eaten. If the cast fails, (generally speaking) the cooldown is not.

This has just been my experiences though. Your mileage may vary, etc etc

-Hate

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »

+1 Griz.

That has been suggested a ton, and shot down a ton. Sorry.

Yeah, I figured removing the NO DROP tag would probably not happen. Is there a reason we can't make the v1s like their v2 counterparts and the tiki crystals (stackable/non-lore)?

Thanks for the quick response, Hate. Smiley

Main: Bubbin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

I cannot speak for Hunter, but I would guess botting. I've seen (and contemplated) a few LDON autofarmer scripts. I've seen one VERY sophisticated one, a bunch of trash ones, and a few semi-decent ones. While yes, it could be scripted to autocombine charms and what not...it is still another step that has to be taken.

Maybe removing LORE but leave them as single slot items. This might still prove annoying for botting whores, but not enough to really cause a fuss.

tl;dr - *shrug*

-Hate

MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:54 pm »

Yeah I wouldn't care if they were no drop still but stackable would be nice (:
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »

1 Essences. Making them upgradeable would mean everyone would head to qvic and rape it till they had max essences on all toons. Even though it would take 128 qvic just to make one T6 essence it allows me to circumvent content. The higher up I go the more I can cut that number down. Matter of fact at 2/1 all it would take is 4 T4 essences. That would be super easy to come up with. I can't see that ever working though. Because even at 10/1 it allows you to bypass content. I understand the idea though and have thought about it myself.

2 Spells. Putting them on vendors I think they should go for twice what they would through player auctions. Not against it, but I don't think it should be the norm.

3 Charm Upgrades. I agree with dropping the lore tag. I see hates point in leaving them non-stackable. I do not think they should ever be tradeable. They would make it out on the market even more so than essences.

4 Rogue Epic. Meh, I could get behind that as long as it didn't put their dps over the top.

5 Warrior Pet. I would love to see something else done with that clickie.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »

2 Spells. Putting them on vendors I think they should go for twice what they would through player auctions. Not against it, but I don't think it should be the norm.

Actually, we could put the spells on a vendor IN THE NEXT TIER for a moderately high price. In example: Tier 5 spells could be bought from INSIDE Anguish for 200-500k a pop. Tier 4 spells from INSIDE Tier 5 for 100-400k a pop, etc etc

-Hate

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »

NAH, FARM THEM (SPELLS) IF YOU WANT THEM

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:40:07 pm »

2--Spells. I love so many of the 'new' spells. (I took a break for about 5 months starting in January, so they were new to me when I came back a few weeks ago!) Perhaps a good in-game cash sink would be a spells vendor in nexus who would sell spells at a cost based on where the spell dropped? I'd buy TB3 for 500k--though, if it's going to be 1M or more, I'll just wait until someone else is selling it. Not sure how many people have actually purchased kraken from the vendor. Maybe I'm just cheap.

Spells don't have to be ranked up like armor. So just go to the current tier you are in, and get the drops of the current (highest) rank spell you can get, without needing to get the lower ranks first.

Tier spells will not be sold on vendors.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 10:27:58 pm »

Spells don't have to be ranked up like armor. So just go to the current tier you are in, and get the drops of the current (highest) rank spell you can get, without needing to get the lower ranks first.

Tier spells will not be sold on vendors.

Enjoy!

Denied.

-Hate

Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 11:02:56 pm »

would love to see the rogue click changed... love the passive idea to make them less maintenance
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439