Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:56:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event (2012)  (Read 78461 times)
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2012, 12:12:33 pm »

Fair enough. Guess I'll just keep trying again tonight after work :-).

On a similar note.....need to get in on a unicorn kill or two :-)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »

Fair enough. Guess I'll just keep trying again tonight after work :-).

On a similar note.....need to get in on a unicorn kill or two :-)

It will be hard to get a kill credit, you'll find that out though.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »

This feels a lot like last year, before the spawn rate was fixed. Takes forever to see a named and then it is just 1-2 pops.

The unicorn event costs way too much for anyone to pay 1k candies. If you do pay the candies, you need so many people to kill it that you wont get any credit due to un precedented lag if you kill it at all (and the reward npc did not last anywhere near 5 minutes) assuming you can even target the second unicorn that pops. It's a server-wide event after all... with the catch that the zone and your computer cant handle the event.

This could be a blast, but instead has just been an exercise in frustration thus far.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

This feels a lot like last year, before the spawn rate was fixed. Takes forever to see a named and then it is just 1-2 pops.

The unicorn event costs way too much for anyone to pay 1k candies. If you do pay the candies, you need so many people to kill it that you wont get any credit due to un precedented lag if you kill it at all (and the reward npc did not last anywhere near 5 minutes) assuming you can even target the second unicorn that pops. It's a server-wide event after all... with the catch that the zone and your computer cant handle the event.

This could be a blast, but instead has just been an exercise in frustration thus far.

Even if it were to  be 5 minutes it wouldn't help tbh. You have to account for the time it takes to relaunch the client then the fun part is logging your character back in after the LD where he will then most likely go LD again and cause even more frustration, so far - its just frustration and more frustration.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:17 pm »

I have been looking forward to this for months. Last year was the best time I have ever had playing this game, Live or Emu. It was a blast because there where mobs to kill, so far i have about 400t1 kills, 10 t2 kills and 2 CT kills, and one  of those I got after turning in 150 candy. Love the event, but I'm so board of seeing a t1 pop with much anticipation, just for it to fall over dead.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »

Currently if you go link dead, you can still get a reward if you can get back in with in 5 minutes cause you just hail the reward npc for your reward even if you did not actually attack the horse.

I might consider on Oct 31st to allow instances and lesser candies required, but would need to change the code a bit so the candy count in public doesn't interfere candy count in instances. For now I want to try everyone working together, although too many people is having bad effect lol.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

Currently if you go link dead, you can still get a reward if you can get back in with in 5 minutes cause you just hail the reward npc for your reward even if you did not actually attack the horse.
Problem with that is you actually can't get back in within the 5 min time frame -- usually the zone is so lagged out that trying to log back in you just go LD, same with the overcrowding in nexus. Was a good idea , but with the lag problems and to many people , it didn't succeed as planned.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 10:17:25 pm »

Was the spawn rate of T1-T3 halloween minis lowered from last year?

Doublep

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:22 pm »

Nobody even wants to try to spawn unicorn anymore ... since issues and even with goblins they been disaster also..but still a good time
1flytrapp
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »

anyway the spawn percentage for mini's can be up'ed some pls
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »

Nobody even wants to try to spawn unicorn anymore ... since issues

Exactly now, no one wants to deal with the hassle that it is. Most rather spend candies in other places now instead of working as a server and putting it towards something they may or may not get a reward for
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 11:37:34 pm »

Is there any way to get the charasis issues fixed so the zone is usable? It requires the key quest and none of the doors work. I can get you the loc of all non-working doors, if you want. It's possible to illusion bug through them but pretty annoying and not really feasible for actually doing the event.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2012, 01:23:26 am »

Lag on goblin is insane...lost 2 stone monster corpses to it now
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

Second SM I have killed by myself....Goblin pops. Rare? What? 2 for 2 now.

I was pwned with goblin as I was hurting from stonemonster already.

Several boxes crashed, and all were group bugged so I had to restart my computer. Fortunately I had an alt in the instance on another computer.

So I log in, get buffed and zone into fear. They just happen to be killing a Goblin there, the zone is super laggy with 50-60 toons and of course they are right by zone in. It took a full 5 minutes to zone in and 3 boxes went ld just trying to zone in. It's super laggy as I try to zone into my instance. I get 3 toons in finally so no way I can even attempt goblin fight in time to get to SM corpse, there is only 6 minutes left on corpse timer at this point. So I get a pali over to Goblin and pop DA and run him off... I take second pali over to loot SM corpse. It wont let me in the corpse... I get right on it and hit /loot, nothing. I hide corpses and show ... this works often in these situations and It wont let me hide them, its still right there in front of me. I try to loot for 2 minutes and by then goblin comes back and kills me.

So, 2 kills on StoneMonster, Goblin which I dont even care about pops each time (not more and more rare) and I wasn't able to loot the second StoneMonster corpse.

I have spent many hours in this event just to get StoneMonster, and I have nothing to show for it. I'm so frustrated and pissed off I'm just going to walk away.

Sad when I took time off of work for this only to experience one of the most frustrating times of my life in a game bar none. I love this server, I've spent hundreds of hours on my toons and many days preparing for this event for things to go this way.

There are easy ways that this situation could be fixed. First...put a longer timer on the named corpses, specifically StoneMonster and Goblin.
Second, have Stonemonster drop an item which will trigger Goblin from the candy turn in so we can fight him when we have looted and rezzed and buffed. Or, have him spawn somewhere in the zone NOT ON THE CORPSE.  

I appreciate all the effort into making this event, I applaud the spirit behind it. It's certainly no easy task to entertain so many people in your spare time. But when making such events it is crucial to take into account the nature of how things work here. We box (it is necessary here), boxers lag like hell when next to each other and any zone is pretty much ridiculously lagged when more than 30 people are in it.  You set up the encounters for the average player groups instead of tailoring it so that only the top top few players (ie: Blarr) can kill them.  
     Content such as Goblin needs to be 2-groupable by T6 players to work.  Content like the unicorn need to be 4-5 T6 groupable to work, make it instant only so the reward npc can be up for an hour after killing so we actually get rewarded, or have loot on the corpse which would work better as randomly assigning a dagger, for instance, to a cleric or shammy just doesn't make a bit of sense.

In order for this server to work, feedback must be a crucial part of the creative process, or it will fall flat on its face. We are the ones that play this day after day and want it to keep growing.

Thanks for your time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:03 am »

Asked server if they have seen SM die without Goblin pop, seems overall about 2/3 do have goblin pop. This would be nice if it were elsewhere in the zone or triggered by turnin. Otherwise, what this does is nicely block the corpse of SM and lag the zone.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78