Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:08:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event (2012)  (Read 78473 times)
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2012, 01:52:43 am »

spawning somewhere else in zone would be amazing
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2012, 02:20:57 am »

Would it be possible/easy to remove the loot tables from some of the trash mobs temporarily? I think a large part of the zone times / lag would be reduced if clients/server didn't have to resync and load 1000+ corpses on every zone.

If there's any way I could help please let me know, not sure what the process is like. I could prepare npc names and such though.

Blarr!
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:44 am »

great idea if it is possible
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2012, 03:50:49 am »

Would it be possible/easy to remove the loot tables from some of the trash mobs temporarily?

+1

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:24 am »

Method 1 -- Seems tedious ...

PoDisease
Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'podisease';

CoDecay
Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'codecay';

PoNightmare
Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'ponightmare';

Kaesora
Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'kaesora';

These will set ALL mobs in those zones to have no loot table... so IF the Halloween bosses are set as Static spawns in those zones!!! They will get erased!!!!!

I am guessing they aren't set to ANY zone?? The Halloween bosses that is. So this shouldn't change their loot tables.

The other zones you can just replace the  spawn2.zone = 'XXXXX'  ... but a few of those zones have FG / CG loot items.. so removing the loot table from all the mobs would probably be a bad idea unless you write down the mobs loot table really fast.... then use the script and manually add the FG / CG loottable back to the specific mob.

Halloween Event Zones
befallen -- FG / CG
charasis -- Shield quest here??
citymist -- FG / CG
codecay
fearplane (Trick or Treat Quest) -- Custom loot zone
hateplane
kaesora
kurn
podisease

poeartha (New Halloween Event) -- Unsure?!
ponightmare
unrest (Trick or Treat Quest) -- FG / CG
veksar

Unrest ---  ((( Check NPC id for Garanel Rucksif )))) should be 63062 !!!  -- it will remove loot and SKIP him ((Dwarven workboots for FG quest!))

Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'unrest' AND npc_types.id NOT IN (63062);

Fearplane --- takes a few minutes to save the loot table before you nuke it all down to 0 ! -- But should help A LOT

Fearplane has the most lag of any zone due to the amount of mobs.. but the zone has low end custom gear.. so removing things would be a hassle unless you could somehow save the Loottables before doing that zone? I am unsure on how to do that.

Possible way to save zones loottable for Fearplane... since I am a noob

Code:
SELECT npc_types.id, npc_types.name, npc_types.loottable_id FROM npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID WHERE spawn2.zone = 'fearplane';

While using HeidiSQL -- I selected the entire grid this SQL just created.. and Exported the entire Grid as a SQL REPLACE with Column names in first row.. so now I have a text file with a a ton of Replaces to put the loottables back together...

and looks like this....

EXAMPLE of what the text file contains..  (Has my entire fearplane in it) This is jut one mob  
Code:
REPLACE INTO `npc_types` (`id`, `name`, `loottable_id`) VALUES (72001, 'Wraith_of_a_Shissar', 1);

Now that the fearplane is saved into a text file of REPLACE SQLs .. you can use

Fearplane
Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone = 'fearplane';

Method 2 --- seems Faster?

Sidenote.....

Could backup all those zones loottables real fast .. then nuke them all to 0 just for the event.. and replace them afterwards . Just a thought!

IF you choose this Method... here you go!!

Create Grid of all NPCs in those zones... (( Export these as a SQL Replace with column names!! ))

Code:
SELECT npc_types.id, npc_types.name, npc_types.loottable_id FROM npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID WHERE spawn2.zone IN ('fearplane','unrest','befallen','charasis','codecay','kaesora','kurn','podisease','poeartha','ponightmare','veksar','citymist','hateplane');

Make sure none of the event mobs are NOT linked to those zones.. (( Still assuming you just use quest code to spawn them and not part of the spawn2 for these zones ))

Nuke ALL those zones

Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone IN ('fearplane','unrest','befallen','charasis','codecay','kaesora','kurn','podisease','poeartha','ponightmare','veksar','citymist','hateplane');

Thanks!!  Event is fun so far.. just want to help with some of the lag!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:00:51 am by Paldail » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2012, 09:45:18 am »

I'll see what I can tweak for Mon-Wed..

I could easily just back up the npc_types table, then set all loottables to 0, and revert to my saved table after the event. Of course I'd have to make sure the halloween bosses don't lose their loot, probably manually put them back in.

I might lower the candy requirements and allow instances in poeartha zone for the Black Unicorn too. Need to re-write the code so that the instances don't interfere with the count, otherwise they'll share the same count.

I think trash have 1/75 chance to spawn a T1 boss, then its 1/10 chance to spawn a T2 Boss, then a 1/4 chance to spawn a T3 (Cazic Thule) boss, etc up to finally a T5 boss, so yes they get more rare, harder to kill, and better loot. The T3-T5 are going to be rare bosses.

Just keep you all updated, that I'm watching and listening. Hopefully we're having fun so far.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47:35 am »

Ya if you backup the npc_types tables you can nuke those zones with

Code:
UPDATE npc_types INNER JOIN spawnentry ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID INNER JOIN spawn2 ON spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID SET npc_types.loottable_id = 0 WHERE spawn2.zone IN ('fearplane','unrest','befallen','charasis','codecay','kaesora','kurn','podisease','poeartha','ponightmare','veksar','citymist','hateplane');

Cool

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2012, 12:07:57 pm »

I am pretty much with the others on spawning the Insane Goblin somewhere else in the zone or putting a turn-in item to spawn him as well as getting rid of the loot on all other  non-event mobs. Lag wasn't terrible (unplayable)  for me but I did notice it. I have killed about 35-T1 bosses, 8-T2 bosses, 15 Cazic Thules, 4 Stone Monsters (with Freth's help) and got my ass handed to me over and over by 1 Insane Goblin standing over the SM corpse. I got 11 of my CT spawns turning in candy and loved the loot drops since I still have alot of toons that could use them. I know it can be frustrating not to get to loot a corpse because something (INSANE) is standing over it.

I am sure you are working on a fix with all the suggestions.. but here is another one. Making the Gob either not run back so dang fast....maybe slowly walk back to the original spawn point or not have him come back at all... just stay where the person trained him or died. I do think it is probably easier with coding to just have him spawn somewhere else in the zone like you have T5 bosses spawn in Abyss - but that is just my suggestions.

I am having fun with the event. First event and I am loving it. I would like to kill the Black Unicorn but will see how the lag issues work themselves out.

As always, thanks

Mixlor

***After thinking about it a little more... I think having him spawn somewhere else in the zone might be a tad bit too much too. Most people will not even mess with him so he will be left up. Eventually.. they will spawn him again.. so now there will be 2 up in the zone somewhere... and so on. Eventually you wont be able to kill mobs to get all the T1-SM to spawn because you have 2-??? Gobs in the zone. Now for us with summon way-points... we can just remake instances.. but for people using public zones that have no summon way-points...that will hurt someone just trying to get a 1.5 - 3.0 epic book off a mob.

I think I am in favor of just an item (make it a rare chance) you can loot off SM to turn in and spawn the Gob. I would rather have a stack of Goblin tokens (like MCP tokens) in my inventory than 15+ Goblins spawned up in public zones so I cant even get in to access my own private instances without getting trained or just flat out killed while zoning in.

I have a feeling that even SM might come to this and even CT since SM can be a pain for those that barely make it thru CT and then have the SM spawn on top of CT so they cant get the CT loot. Gotta draw the line somewhere but it seems to be the Insane Goblin that everyone (even the top geared folks) is talking about. You could make it where T1 bosses can drop a T2 boss token and so on. Take this into consideration so changes can be made all at one time without too many server downtimes.

Just my 2 cents.

Mixlor
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:06:03 pm by Mixlor » Logged
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2012, 02:38:58 pm »

Just want to say ty Hunter for listening to us, and again, we all really appreciate all the time put into this.

Can't expect everything to go smoothly the first time something is implemented, even the billion dollar companies have this problem.

You rock, here's to looking forward to the tweaks. 

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:35 pm »

Could just make the goblin indifferent when he pops. That would solve the problem of him camping stone monster corpses.

I mean, if it's normal nature for a goblin to attack you, wouldn't an insane goblin just stand there?
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »

Enosis said the best and easiest fix yet. Have the goblin (and perhaps SM also?) Spawn with no aggro. This way we can loot the kill and pull when ready.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

Enosis said the best and easiest fix yet. Have the goblin (and perhaps SM also?) Spawn with no aggro. This way we can loot the kill and pull when ready.

+99999999999999999999

agree no aggro on spawn lootz rez buff kill.. or be keeled one of the two.. =D

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2012, 05:11:18 pm »

Ya if you backup the npc_types tables you can nuke those zones with

Code:

Cool

If you are afraid it will delete the loot from the halloween bosses... put this at the end

Code:
 AND npc_types.id NOT IN (X, Y, Z);

X Y Z being... all the NPC IDs for   ... Spectre, Skeleton, Werewolf, Scarecrow, Zombie, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek, Tribunal, Cazic Thule, Stone Monster, Insane Goblin

Hope any of this helps  Grin

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »

So Goblin is blocking people from looting CT? Yeah its a challenge. Goblin loot is better than CT loot anyways.

I could try to see if a timer would work, to make the goblin spawn 1 minute after CT dies?

If we're getting to the point of multiple goblins in zone, I could make them depop after 1 hour?

I'll see what ideas I can work with today to make Monday-Wednesday a bit easier.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2012, 10:48:46 pm »

Anyway we could get trash loot removed from the trash ?   Before Monday that is.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78