Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:20:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crashing and not being able to log in  (Read 3853 times)
greystar30

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:46:25 pm »

I dont know if this is the right forum for this, didnt see a forum for posting problems within game.  But I got a weird problem here and wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Earlier today I was in a zone, dont remember which one it was but when I used the gate on my noobie item v2, the game crashed on me when it went to the loading screen.  I tried to log back in but I got a box that said Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed and then drops me back to windows.  I cannot get around this everytime i tried to log back in it gives me the same thing.  It only does this with my main account which is the one I was logged in with when it crashed.  My alternate account could still log in just fine. 

I then tried to load up Eqemu again with the Everquest files I have installed in a different directory, I have 2 directories with everquest files.  This time it loaded fine on my main account.  I was able to play for several more hours and was in Bastion of Thunder grinding some AA's.  When I got tired of doing that I tried to gate back again with my noobie item v2 and the game crashed on me again during the loading screen and I am back in the same situation I was in earlier.  I am once again unable to log in with my main account because it keeps giving me the same box that says Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed and then drops me back to windows.

shea851

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:09 pm »

I would try deleting eqclient.ini within the Everquest directory that you are having issues with.  When you log in next it will create a new eqclient.ini.  If this does not work, then I hope someone else has some ideas.

Bavarian
Daggum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:03:43 am »

Yeah I had that same issue today.  On all my toons if I clicked my charm I crashed and could not log back in.  I went to my eq directory and did a search for all the files with the toons name in it and started deleting the ones that were dated as being modified last on 5/5/10.  The one that seemed to do it was the only one with that date that had UI in the name.  And as the name implies you will have to setup your UI again.

You will be able to log back on however.

greystar30

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18:20 am »

Deleting those files seemed to have fixed it, I can log back in now.  I also deleted the ui I was using also just in case that contributed to the problem.  Was using the Sars UI.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)