Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 05:33:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Item Insurance  (Read 12772 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

I would like to propose an idea. Item insurance. It is what it sounds like, insurance that you can buy for your items in case of accidental deletion or losing it due to auging. I have tried to think of the practicality of it and possible exploits but I thought I'd put this on the forums to see what else can be thought of before submitting to Hunter. I am going to detail the idea below and if anyone has any suggestions or sees a possible exploit please don't hesitate to critique.

Item Insurance
The NPC would be located in fighters guild and casters guild. He would sell insurance tokens that can be used to turn in with your gear for your gear back and an insurance token. If you ever lose your item you simply turn the item insurance token in and you get your item back. Of course each insured token will have to be linked to your gear class and slot. In the case like bracers they would have a lore tag attached to them to keep people from being able to to dupe them, but you can just attack a right and left in the name of the bracer to so that you can actually get 2 of them. As for augs, insuring them would make them no drop and lore to keep from duping. To make it so you can have more than one legitly all you would need to do is have different versions of the token and depending on which token you turn in you get a v1 or v2 or v3 etc of your augs. If you ever want to sell the aug just simply turn your aug and the token back into the npc and they will return your original aug.

I know the above is a bit wordy but hopefully I have made it clear enough to make sense.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »

I know right away, that would take a lot of work, and chance for duping items. No trade would be obvious too.

I am planning to make T7+ to make it that you don't need to combine with your previous armor, BUT you do need a full suit to enter. That way if you lose an armor by accident doing augs, you wouldn't have to go back to Qvic and farm that 1 slot on up. And after that I plan to go back and polish old content to make it the same. Require full suit to enter next tier but don't need to use it in the combine. Will take a lot of work when there are 8 Tiers (including Qvic and Tacvi) so 8 x 16 Classes x 7 slots = lots of recipes to edit.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »

I think that is a really good idea. That is awesome.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 01:07:03 am »

+1 from me
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:25 am »

I know right away, that would take a lot of work, and chance for duping items. No trade would be obvious too.

I am planning to make T7+ to make it that you don't need to combine with your previous armor, BUT you do need a full suit to enter.

What does that include?  Armor?  Accessories?  Epic?

Fiend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:55:35 am »

I am planning to make T7+ to make it that you don't need to combine with your previous armor, BUT you do need a full suit to enter. That way if you lose an armor by accident doing augs, you wouldn't have to go back to Qvic and farm that 1 slot on up. And after that I plan to go back and polish old content to make it the same

I both like and dislike this idea.  I have lost a few pieces of gear before and gone back to farm what I lost.  I like the idea of not having to go back to farm a lost piece of gear if it happens.  Unfortunately, the RNG strikes sometimes and there's something that just doesn't want to drop.

T5 wrists come to mind.  My crew visited T6 long before they all had T5 wrists.  Would it be possible to have bosses drop a mold and have a vendor in the zone that sells a component which the toon can only see if they have the appropriate piece of gear in their inventory?  Something like this would allow a group to move on, but still keep people from skipping gear.
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

I am planning to make T7+ to make it that you don't need to combine with your previous armor, BUT you do need a full suit to enter. That way if you lose an armor by accident doing augs, you wouldn't have to go back to Qvic and farm that 1 slot on up. And after that I plan to go back and polish old content to make it the same

I both like and dislike this idea.  I have lost a few pieces of gear before and gone back to farm what I lost.  I like the idea of not having to go back to farm a lost piece of gear if it happens.  Unfortunately, the RNG strikes sometimes and there's something that just doesn't want to drop.

T5 wrists come to mind.  My crew visited T6 long before they all had T5 wrists.  Would it be possible to have bosses drop a mold and have a vendor in the zone that sells a component which the toon can only see if they have the appropriate piece of gear in their inventory?  Something like this would allow a group to move on, but still keep people from skipping gear.

Exactly, you might have 12 characters that are 6.0 but still need certain drops out of T5.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:13:04 am »

I am not sure if there is a way to make it so a vendor only shows items if you have x in your inventory. Considering you can just have the wrist mob drop 2 wrists mods it seems like going around your ass to get to your elbow. I like the end product though and agree with getting both wrists with one kill. Wrists mobs are the rarest mobs yet you need 2 of each.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:33 am »

I am not sure if there is a way to make it so a vendor only shows items if you have x in your inventory. Considering you can just have the wrist mob drop 2 wrists mods it seems like going around your ass to get to your elbow. I like the end product though and agree with getting both wrists with one kill. Wrists mobs are the rarest mobs yet you need 2 of each.

Seems wrist are the biggest bottleneck right now? I could double it to 2 wrist drop instead of 1.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00:06 pm »

That would be good I feel since the Mob's, as stated are some of the rarest. plus is negates the need to change the spawn rate on those mobs. And i add myself to the list of people in t6 that are missing wrists but have everything else.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »

Yeah, several of my toons where in the same boat. Would be an awesome change.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:34 pm »

Seems wrist are the biggest bottleneck right now? I could double it to 2 wrist drop instead of 1.

This would be an awesome change, since you need 2 of them for a suit of gear but only need to kill the boss once for quest credit. As far as I can tell, the wrist mobs are already also often the last thing people need to finish the 5.0 tasks due to randomness and length of time between spawns, so maybe just doubling that instead would be better?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:39:38 pm by Griz » Logged
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

I would support doubling the spawn rate over making the boss drop 2.  2 cleric bracers when you are looking for monk bracers isn't as much a help as having twice as many chances at a monk bracer Smiley

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:53 pm »

Changing spawn time would help huge. Been after T5 war wrists for 6 months now. Playing the random intervals I cant always spend 3hours to spawn a random mob in T5. Changing to a 1.5 hour spawn time would be huge.

Or just make Eeny spawn 10x more like Kra Sue!! must have killed him 100x allready
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:50:33 pm by Premador » Logged
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »

As far as I can tell, the wrist mobs are already also often the last thing people need to finish the 5.0 tasks due to randomness and length of time between spawns, so maybe just doubling that instead would be better?

+1

I would be happy for a wrist mob to spawn every hour.  Even at that rate (with RNG) it's still going to be painful.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383