Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:54:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: RoA Quest Fix  (Read 33383 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:33 am »

As some already figured out earlier when I updated the zone table the exp modifiers were back to default and some zones were too high exp, so this was already fixed.

Some people even found ways to exploit Keeper of the Ages when hailing or turning a new rank, for example casting Divine Aurora just before turning your ring in. This was fixed though a while back.

People have found other new ways to now to power level their RoA 1-100 faster and in some cases within just a few short days via buffs, mounts, pets, familiars etc, which has hopefully now been fixed and working as intended. This RoA Quest was suppose to be a challenge of doing 1-70 over again, not to find a way to exploit buffs, zones, etc to get a rank every 15 minutes.

Now I realize that after some one gets deleveled, they have a high level player buff them, esp with regen, ds, etc. This might get fixed in the near future as well. Its intended to play as a noobie although I know its a natural human desire to find every possible short cut.

If anyone finds an exploit then let me know. I usually give out free credits, some times on average 200 credits for a decent exploit info.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:37:22 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Grumblebones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:40:46 pm »

Now I realize that after some one gets deleveled, they have a high level player buff them, esp with regen, ds, etc. This might get fixed in the near future as well. Its intended to play as a noobie although I know its a natural human desire to find every possible short cut.

That's absurd
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:28 pm »

Almost everyone on the server that has done the quest has tried to do this as fast as possible, I dont understand why you would worry about changing this now, it just makes it harder on newer players to get this finished. 
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:47 pm »

Because some people are able to complete their rings in 5 to 10 minutes with the exploits left in.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »

Dude, I realize you find some idiot trolls on here, but seriously, read his post, its the 15-20 minute ranks that have been happening for well over a year here that hunter stated he wants to fix. The 5-10 mins were doable with the 3x exp in some zones, and that got nerfed already.  What I find the problem being is wanting to eliminate the 15-20 minute ranks, of which a large portion of the server used to get their ROA completed
Fiend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:19 pm »

I have a 5.0 Shaman, Druid, Mage, and Bard.  If I could RoA in 5-10 minutes I'd RoA more toons.  Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:45:42 pm »

Pretty sure without the 3x exp nobody can do 5-10 mins. 15 is about your best bet, maybe a touch lower
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »

Yeah, I also used to be able to do ring runs in 15 minutes or so. When Hunter nerfed exp from 4x to 3x, and then from 3x to 2x it hurt but that is not what he intends for them to be. I think I heard him say an hour minimum is what he has in mind. As far as you calling me an idiot troll, Hunter mentioned fixing exploits, you mentioned not doing anything about it. Take a xanax and calm down.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 03:56:44 pm »

I haven't called you an idiot troll yet, but its getting close. And I know what he has in mind, I'm posting here because I feel it would have a negative impact on newer players to have it take 30 mins - 1 hour / rank.  I realize having it be a harder achievement is part of the reason, but when 1/2 the player base already has it on their main why bother making it take longer... and until the ranks 101-500 were invested, it was a waste of effort to do it once t6 was introduced.  You still have to do massive amounts of exp'ing to get it to a decent level, so it still is a massive timesink
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 04:09:24 pm »

Eh, looks like you pretty much did call me an idiot troll. As for your passive aggressive condescending threat to call me an idiot troll, eh. People have been finding ways to get it down below 15 minutes and then it gets bumped back over 1 hour plus. I did mine on my warrior 1 hour to 1.5 hours at a time. I got a few of my monks in at 15 a long time ago. Lets not make this a pissing fest and derail this thread.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:26:37 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »

"Fixing" this quest at this time is not a good move, really.

The 101+ should be long grinds, that's fine but as others have stated, all "fixing" this quest at this time does is seperate those who have already exploited this from the people trying to reach some point of relevance. (not catch up as this item is now pretty much a joke)

This item is an atique "uber" item from the past. The stats now hardly hold up to modern higher rewards and the time it takes to reach the ROA 100 is inefficient as it was, at best. Making it longer only pushes the gap from time invested to reward into the "complete waste of time" category as the Sceptre quest.

PoFire is made for Pling toons, that's its function. Relegating it to 70+ toons just transforms this zone from the PL zone to a worthless zone. Fewer, tougher mobs is perhaps the best way to go here or use another zone with fewer mobs where you can just edit the stats of the mobs to make them tougher and give great experience

Let's focus on the future instead of nerfing the past, because doing the opposite just hurts everyone else coming up.

PPS: This item DOES take a long time for the people coming up to complete per level. The "10-15 minutes" Takes someone with full raid toons, bd gear, and 70% exp potions from T6. These guys should be able to level this faster, as they are end game. Earlier content becomes a joke for higher level toons, this is how this game works. Take a T6 in T2, It's no different.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:25:55 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »

i can see the exploit's being a problem but just judging by time/reward roa at 15 mins is still 25 hour's uc is around 30-50 depending on the player and double or Halloween loots but it's just my opinion seems like it's pretty well in line with the time spent for rewards gained
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 04:33:40 pm »

UC is not around 30 to 50 hours. It is 51 just to get ldons out of the way on average. Personally I think around 30 to 45 minutes is a good time per rank. I also think that pofire should be opened back up to 47+. People getting ring runs in 15 minutes was before exp potions.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 04:53:19 pm »

We could instead introduce a timer on the quest. That way people who can do the quest in 10 minutes still have to wait the minimum to turn in for the reward.

I feel 30 minutes is acceptable here, and an hour is too long for those who are geared to do it faster and are gearing alts. Quest can have timers right? You can only do a turn in every 30 minutes, seems to me I have seen this somewhere.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Drast

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »

make the RoA 1-100 a quest with a 2h repeat timer that's my idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)