Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:42:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Horrible, bad lag  (Read 6128 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:09:23 am »

Many people talking about it in ooc. Unplayable lag popping up during fights and in between. Sync issues even with 6 boxes running, when normally I get no sync issues with 12.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:12 am »

Why is the server soooo laggy with only 400 people on?

Mass pulling, Im sure but a guy could only mass pull with 1 toon at a time, right? Should only be like 50-70 RL people on at most?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:18:54 am »

The obvious answer is "50 people mass pulling LDON4 at the same time". But we've had that before and lag wasnt THIS bad. Perhaps something not changed back completely from the rollback? The trivia thing? Dont know....but I've not seen it this bad since poeartha during the Halloween event...and its just me playing 6 boxes in HoH or T4 or 5.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:20:40 am »

Shouldn't be 50 people mass pulling ldon4.. that would only happen if eveyone on was doing it. If there are 50 toons mass pulling ldon4, it would be between maybe 20 people, which is a big problem.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:23:00 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 10:41:00 am »

I logged out all my characters and logged em back in, and lag dropped a lot. Unsure if that helps at all. Will see if it returns.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:52:46 pm »

It's double loot, Basher was populating a zone, and tons of people online.

It's fine, just keep farming. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 03:13:26 pm »

i blame trivia bot
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 04:20:50 pm »

It used to be that the server became unstable at the 500 population mark - lately it seems to be closer to 400. 

Ironically, I have the best ping to the server today than I've had in months but it seems the server getting information back to us is the main issue.

/shrug

I'm logging off and coming back when the population is a lot lower to see if that helps.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 04:43:26 pm »

It's double loot, Basher was populating a zone, and tons of people online.

It's fine, just keep farming. :-)

-Hate

Yes, I got email from Basher that he'll be working on T7 which includes 'repop' the zone a lot while spawning npcs everywhere, and yeah that lags the server.

Between that and double loot, we'll get past it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061