Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:04:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Can we do away with T2 ore?  (Read 9867 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:40:32 am »

So the last couple times I've been on, I've been gearing up my shaman through T1/T2. The entire time I've been in the zone I've seen 2 shaman ore drop. I've seen around 100 T2 ore drop throughout my farming and only 2 were Shaman. I saw about 95 druid ore but that was just RNG mocking me I'm sure.

My suggestion is we either get rid of T2 ore or allow T1 ore to work with T2 patterns. I have all but my legs in T2 patterns but I can't make any of the armor cause I have to farm shaman ore.

Just a suggestion. Don't want to sound like a whiner. This is my 7th character through T2 so I've done my time in this zone and not looking for EZ mode.

Hulkmad
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:59 am »

I've seen around 100 T2 ore drop throughout my farming and only 2 were Shaman. I saw about 95 druid ore but that was just RNG mocking me I'm sure.

This is my 7th character through T2 so I've done my time in this zone and not looking for EZ mode.

7 Characters, 8 armour slots per character means you have been able to find 56 specific class ores...  I understand it can be frustrating fighting against the RNG, but if you come here to make a suggestion because you believe something is broken in game then having REAL statistics will help more than rediculous exaggerations.

Everyone had at least one toon that they had trouble getting ore for.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:39:16 am »

I've seen around 100 T2 ore drop throughout my farming and only 2 were Shaman. I saw about 95 druid ore but that was just RNG mocking me I'm sure.

This is my 7th character through T2 so I've done my time in this zone and not looking for EZ mode.

7 Characters, 8 armour slots per character means you have been able to find 56 specific class ores...  I understand it can be frustrating fighting against the RNG, but if you come here to make a suggestion because you believe something is broken in game then having REAL statistics will help more than rediculous exaggerations.

Everyone had at least one toon that they had trouble getting ore for.

I'm not sure if you are calling me a liar or not.

I geared up my previous 6 toons all at the same time so the chance I got a class specific ore for 1 of 6 classes is a lot more likely. I realize that when coming back and only looking for 1 class the chances of hitting one of the classes i needs reduces greatly. But I had all my T1 armor and 2 T2 patterns before my first shaman ore dropped.

It was probably about 12 clears of T1 and another 6 clears of T2. You're saying its not possible that I could have seen that much ore and not more than 2 could be shaman ore and I'm exaggerating? You can say that all you want, it's true, it happened.

The only reason I posted this here was because I mentioned it in /ooc last night and a good number of people (including some vets) agreed that ore should be done away with in T2. I'm certain I will be done gearing my shaman before any change would be made anyway, I just thought cause other people agreed, I would post it in the suggestions.

Hulkmad
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:10:05 am »

Or could make it tradable and peeps can stack the rare class drops and make a little platzz.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:21 am »

I haven't looked at the T1/T2 armor combines in a long time, but you need a mold + gem? I guess I could make the gems tradeable, would create some market for them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:55 am »

I haven't looked at the T1/T2 armor combines in a long time, but you need a mold + gem? I guess I could make the gems tradeable, would create some market for them.

T1 is generic type mold plus generic type specific ore (e.g. Plate, Chain, etc.)
T2 is class specific mold plus class specific ore

Hulkmad
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:54 am »

I am not calling you a liar.  What I am saying is that you said you got 100 drops, 95 of them were druid, and 2 were shaman...  That is not real data, and intended to make your point by exaggeration of your frustration with the RNG.  If you said you had 10+ of each class, and 2 shaman with real numbers it might point to a problem with the rate at which shaman ores were dropping.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 10:44:17 am »

If 95 of 100 were druid drops, then something is wrong. Although RNG can suck, it doesn't suck that bad. Maybe zone was bugging out who knows.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:03 am »

If 95 of 100 were druid drops, then something is wrong. Although RNG can suck, it doesn't suck that bad. Maybe zone was bugging out who knows.

Sorry the 95 of 100 I was just being funny cause I hate druids. But it was a LARGE number of druid ore. I realize now that's what Brokyn was talking about when he said I was exaggerating.

Hulkmad
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 12:27:06 pm »

Best I can offer is that the RNG does tend to get "stuck" sometimes. This is mostly observer bias, but could also be the algorithm, I don't know the particulars, but shuffle on my phone does this all the time. I've gotten 15 rogue ores in a row during double loot, that was my best. 9 out of 12 spawns I popped Kronos...etc. If it's really bugging you zone out and wait a bit, usually fixes it.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

Sounds like decays striking T1/2 as well  Roll Eyes
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

Hunter, I dont know, but I think something is seriously wrong with RNG at times. Maybe it sticks, or errors, or something. A guildie recently got 9 drops in qvic, and seven of them were leather hats. Seven out of nine. Thats like rolling a 28 sided die 9 times and getting 1 seven times. Yes, it COULD happen....but the odds are insane. I've had the same thing happen in Qvic. Once had four bosses in a row drop exactly the same items, except for the token. EXACTLY the same, down to 4 qvic essences on each of those 4. Again.....perhaps it was bugged. BTW: neither of these examples was in an instance.

As to the T2 ore....you need to roll a 1 in 16 8 times to get the ores you need for T2 armor, because they are class specific. If not making the ores tradeable, perhaps create a second tier of ores that are not class, but armor type specific? So a plate ore for T1, and a diff type of plate ore for T2? Or perhaps just make them all use the T1 ores.

Honestly, just getting the armor itself to drop can be a grind enough. I went through 17 crystals last week trying to get a T2 bracer for a shaman.

Thanks for all the cool changes and the effort, btw.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »

While I think that maybe the T2 ore could be slightly upped (increase number dropped by 1 per chest), I don't believe QVIC is broken. QVIC is the first filter. It is the area that will test one's resolve and filter out many of the WoW kids. Then next comes the Abyss. People that were rushed up by friends will suddenly find themselves having to go back, gear up, slow pull rate, and try day after day. Without certain "tar pits", the game is  not long from start to end.

tl;dr - One more T1 ore per T1 chest, T2 ore per T2 chest. QVIC/TACVI is fine.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:47 pm »

I do agree something is whacked with the RNG at times. I, like someone mentioned above, had Kronos spawn 7 times in a row. 5 of those times the necro robe dropped.

Hulkmad
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

...but shuffle on my phone does this all the time. I've gotten 15 rogue ores in a row during double loot, that was my best.

Hell yes - you can farm ores from your phone!!!!!!  And you can get double loot to boot!!!!!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 302