Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:46:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Instances Rollover  (Read 12802 times)
Camric

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:51:01 am »

I have notice lately that often times after creating a t6 instance or after sever reboot I lose the ability to access an instance by other guild players.   I am trying to avoid logging in 40 characters to ensure that when something drops that the appropriate character are in the instance to loot it. 

Is there anything that can be done to ensure instance persists longer?  I am more than happy with the 3 day guild instances, but rarely does the instance last longer than a few hours before losing access to it.

Any suggestions?

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:56:31 am »

Happens in a lot of places.....have had the same issue in PoDrags, LDON (all levels) and a guildie had it with Qvic.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:59:22 am »

Akka has new instance code, just need to get him and Hunter together

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »

I don't know what it is about Tacvi, but it's one of the worst offenders.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Akka has new instance code, just need to get him and Hunter together

Fugi - do you have a link to the new code on the emu forums?  I'd like to read up on it.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:32 pm »

Only thing new I see from Akkadius is giving Hate some reading material on Perl DBI but that is a possible solution. Unknown what sort of performance gain/hit can be seen until something is written and tested.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

Just a quick update for everyone...

I started on this and have the core mechanics built but need to smooth out the edges in terms of
  • Invitation types (Group, Guild, Raid)
  • Breaking down instances
  • Purging old instances
... but other than that it is working far more flexibly and accurately than the current code set. There are two custom tables involved that are very small and will stay very small in comparison the the qglobals table that the instance script is pounding every day constantly.

Here is a little bit of a preview of it:

Leader Perspective:

Member being invited perpsective:

Keep in mind this is just core mechanics being constructed, I will iron out any things in between here shortly.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
~Akkadius

I only have Saturdays to really work on anything for free time. I've already made most of the engine as I had posted.

The thing about this engine is that it is not reliant on binding against a guild, group, or raid. The operation is completely separate from that of what was made before. You could have a Raid sized instance and invite guildies as well as other friends outside of the guild. Guild size instances you could have another person outside of the group enter but you will only be able to allow 6 people total in your expedition if that is the limit.

Hunter I wanted to discuss some details with you, but even when you were online last Saturday I could not get a response from you in /ooc

-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

Spent most of the day writing up a new instance setup. Thanks to the info from Akkadius, I've got a lot of the framing work done. My knowledge of cross client communication via quest script is a bit weak. When I hopefully finish this up, I may harass the poor guy for a bit more info or reading material.

Trying to base the bulk of it on a database table over qglobals. I have also limited the calls as much as humanly possible and followed proper prepare/do usage.

Finally, I think it would be safe to say that solo instances should probably go. While I understand that this is a big deal for those just starting, there are plenty of guilds, the newbie guild, groups, and (hopefully) raid instances.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »

Agree with ya Hate on the solo instances. It just eats up to many resources. ( and a group instance isn't much more so /meh )
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:48:31 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »

groups for HOH and lower,  Raids for Sky on up, and GI's for all.

just my 2 cp
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 07:18:06 pm »

Just a note that recently npcs are having a problem seeing qglobals. For example, when I make a new key, sometimes players have to enter an instance for the npc to refresh what it sees in the qglobals table. Might be safer to use 100% custom tables?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »

Dont remove solo instances from the low end crap because it does effect the player that spends the entire double loot farming SLS to sell to us ubers to be able to buy a waypoint.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »

Group instances are 5k, they can just buy one of those. If they can't afford 5k, they can go kill 4 mobs in velks.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »

Just a note that recently npcs are having a problem seeing qglobals. For example, when I make a new key, sometimes players have to enter an instance for the npc to refresh what it sees in the qglobals table. Might be safer to use 100% custom tables?

I was using DBI to force find instances   -- not sure how laggy this is though .. lol

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:26 am »

DBI seems to be more reliable than qglobals, for example our Trivia Bot runs off DBI.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678