Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:19:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Update 12-29-12  (Read 21926 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:07:47 am »

New spell file available 12-29-12 just minor stuff, not priority yet.

T7 Loping Plains is 99.9% finished now. I grinded out the rest of making the zone during the last 2 days. The only thing left to do for T7 is create new Strike IX Augments, new ranks for Shield of the Ages and Mana Necklace, Teleport Rings, and possibly UCv3 upgrade Task Collect quest. Everything is imported but won't show up until after reboot. Zone is currently locked while I test some last minute stuff. All the mobs and loot list are done.

After the next reboot players should be able to hail the Universal Teleporter and say 'lopingplains' to see if your flagged. Slight bug, if you are flagged, is that you'll get yellow text saying your flagged, then regular text that your not flagged. The 2nd time you hail it'll be normal. This is because its checking for your flag, giving you a flag if not flagged, then checking your flag again in an attempt to teleport you there (which isn't open yet). Anyways, just hail a second time if it says your not flagged. The required 'flag' to get in will be a full suit from Anguish. This includes all 7 main armor slots and all 7 main jewelry slots to get flagged.

After you are 'flagged' then you won't need your gear anymore. New T7 gear will be acquired without using old gear in a combine. So just bank your old gear or whatever. This way if you get an item deleted by accident, then you won't have to go back to Qvic to refarm anything.

The zone will probably smack T6 players silly just like when a T4 player enters T5 zone. There is a LOT of HP upgrade in the gear for T7, and even casual players should be able to break 1 million HP, including casters. The balance of npc hp and damage is a guess, based on what they had in Anguish. First group of players in there will probably strugging in the beginning until they figure out how the zone was designed and I might have to tweak it as well.

Augment Slot Types are changed for both armor and weapons. We'll be converting old augments into the new slot types so they won't be wasted if your fully Anguish augmented already.

Trying not to spoil anything but hopefully that helps players a bit. Might open up Loping Plains in the next few days.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:23 am »

UCv3 oh man gonna have lots more farming to do   Grin

Can't wait to get smacked around in T7!

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:13:45 am »

After this update ... seems instances in T5 are now 500,500plat was this intended?

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 06:39:08 am »

Personally, I would like to see T7 flag requirement be a slightly less than full T6 set of armor. :/ Christ, but that's a lot of jewelry to farm with a shitty drop rate. I've run the 5.0 kill quest twice, helped friends and guildies farm 4.5s as well as work on their own 5.0s, and even gone back to farm essences from time to time. With current requirement I'll be 2/26 flagged. Maybe I'm not the usual situation, though.

Either way, time for a trip back to The Abyss! I am very very excited to see T7!

Main: Bubbin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:07:19 am »

The accessories drop a lot better than they used to be. DK / Omadon were ultra rare

Got 12 /12 flagged currently and bringing up a slacker warrior alt who already has Full T5 and no where near finished with T5 .. so the accessories seem pretty decent drop rate to me.

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 07:20:38 am »

Actually logged in and looked at the crew... Have 4 currently flagged, most of the rest of my main group are only missing one or two items. My spreadsheet was still indicating a lot of earrings/rings missing since previous ones were changed to T6. I should really get coffee before posting in the forum.

Main: Bubbin
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 08:06:17 am »

Only a couple people will be fully ready. Full suit of armor/6.0 is more realistic, almost every toon of mine is missing something from T5 due to the nightmare it was when I was running it full time. Or 5/7 for armor, jewelry.

Actually, even that doesn't make much sense. Armor quest and entry flag should be 2 completely seperate things. Entry req should only be 6.0, as always. If people aren't geared for the content, they will fail, it's up to them to shore up.

6.0 to get in, all armor to be flagged for new gear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:44:32 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:15 am »

The zone will probably smack T6 players silly just like when a T4 player enters T5 zone.

This doesn't make sense, at all. T6 players that got the optional UCV2 out of the way, all V8 augs, as well as shield 40 etc should not be ANYTHING like a T4 entering T5.

Also saw something about a UCv3. What, UC is going to be a required part of every new tier now? Are you kidding me? Would be cool if, say, for all that extra work we were well prepared for the next tier. But now doing all optional gear is just entry level?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 08:44:00 am »

So are T5 instances now 500K and 250K? I really do hope this is an error.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

Evil!!! Post 1 Screen Shot!!! haha

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 10:11:06 am »

The zone will probably smack T6 players silly just like when a T4 player enters T5 zone.

This doesn't make sense, at all. T6 players that got the optional UCV2 out of the way, all V8 augs, as well as shield 40 etc should not be ANYTHING like a T4 entering T5.

Also saw something about a UCv3. What, UC is going to be a required part of every new tier now? Are you kidding me? Would be cool if, say, for all that extra work we were well prepared for the next tier. But now doing all optional gear is just entry level?

I don't understand how you flag gear as "optional" and decide you don't want to get it... What is wrong with you?
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:30:47 am »

Ultimate charm V2 is an optional piece, not supposed to be required, that's what I mean by optional. Asking "what is wrong with you" because you seem to disagree that any gear is optional is pretty ignorant, and rude.

We shouldn't have to make sure every toon of ours has every piece of gear in the game just to go to the new zone. This does not make sense. Should we have the previous gear to gear up? Yes. 

I can get to T4 in a couple days, T5 to T6 takes a CRAPTON longer, and T6 complete takes much longer than this as well. Add to that the time to get UCV2, and other gear such as shield 40 and strike augs level 8...we see why a T6 fully geared should be nothing like a T4 entering T5.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:40:52 am by wolfegunr » Logged

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

To Hunter...  Great job, keep up the good work.  Excited to see the new content.

To the folks who are complaining already about T7...  Grow up.  He's making new content faster than Sony ever did, and people are complaining about it.  He's making the top tier of new stuff hard to get so that some work has to be done to get it.  If you're not a fan of that, all I can say is WOW!!!

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 11:07:18 am »

First of all, I appreciate all that Hunter does, Have always said this. As for "complaining about T7 already" the entrance requirements are not very realistic. As for it being hard, yeah I expect it to be hard, but not like starting all over again.

You think I got here by not working? This content is made for us, and requires feedback to work. And yet again, insulting others, saying "grow up" ... really? Take your own advice, little maturity here folks. If you have something reasonable to say, offer up your well reasoned counter points.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:09:58 am by wolfegunr » Logged

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 11:08:28 am »

I don't see how being done with T6 is too hard a requirement for entering T7...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432